Thread: Sheer blouses on TV

Silver Member

Sheer blouses on TV

Tonight I was watching Fox News' Kelly File and she was wearing a sheer blouse for the second time in a week. You could easily see her tank under it. The other time you could see what looked like a lace camisole under that one. The lighting caused it to be somewhat overblown so you couldn't actually see the detail. I'm hoping that it is going to be a new trend.

When I was young women often wore sheer blouses with their lace slips under it. I always thought it was very feminine and sexy. 50 years ago I had a couple that I wore. It was fun to wear them and see guys taking secretive looks. Back then white and black were the two colors that most lingerie came in. If you wore a white bra under something it showed and no one thought the worst about you.

Down here, it's normal to show pretty bras under tight white t shirts or sheer blouses (or for the trendy teens, large underarm holes to show the sides of bras now the older gen are doing sheer tops).

If you see Novemeber on my blog, lots of see through lace tops during my outings, and even my white tops this year are all sheer or with small holes to show off my bras
    Last edited by Rachelakld; 02-09-2016 at 01:35 AM.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    Liz,
    I like sheer blouses like you also dresses with sheer sleeves, the problem is I'm finding it hard to find nice satin camis to wear underneath, they're all cotton ones that can double up as sleepwear.

Hell-o Liz

I'm not sure if it's a "trend" thing or not, but I have seen
    it a few times recently. If not a trend, it's at least an acceptable style!
    Wouldn't this be fun!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Aspiring Member
    I still have a few that I wear with a Camille or a satin tank. They are so sexy and feminine looking. Just love them

The other night I was watching "Elementary" and Lucy Liu was wearing a sort of sheer top. It was solid in front and sheer in the back including the back half of the sleeves. It looked so good !
    Love watching the show and of course her style.
    The other show I love is "Faceoff". McKenzie Westmore is gorgeous and I love her fashions. Just wish I had her figure to put in those fashions.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member
    Yes Kristyn I like the look. Used to have a secretary who wore a sheer blouse with lace bra and slip. Tonight I was sorting some of my Ts and tops. Found I have several tops that would show my bra through them. Most are thin Ts. I do plan on pruning my male attire. Sometimes I do need to present as a guy.

Reality Check
    I like the look of a sheer blouse.

I love to see a nice bra and lace cami through a sheer blouse its so sexy.

Kim

I used to not like them and my girlfriend talked me into trying sheer blouses on,starting to like them now.Wear a camisole under it and looks good

Oh you're preaching to the choir here! Love the look,

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

I love the sheer blouses but I can't seem to find them for my size 2x 3x I hope someone can send to the right place I would love to get a couple that are really sheer and for us larger girls. Hugs DonnaP

I see many girls in sheer blouses which show off their bra or cami underneath. It is always an exciting sight for me but my wife often comments that these girls are showing off too much.

When I am dressed in a thin white shirt I always wear a woollen sweater or sweatshirt over so that my bra, be it white or black, is hidden from view.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I see this also..... a return of the semi sheer mostly white dress blouses that were popular mainly in late '60s through the '70s.
    in fact, i see growing a return to '70s fashions in general, like pencil skirts, high heels, nylons ,etc.
    i now even see slips being sold again in some stores.
    i have even seen a return of blue eye shadow for example .
    All this is of course with a modern twist but, the '70s influence is definitely there .

FWIW.......

My take on this.....

The feminine '50s fashions were the result of WWII
    Women wanted to get feminine again.... after the war.

The feminine '70s fashions were the result of the '60s "hippy" era and.......
    women wanted to get feminine again.

Now we have the 21st century and women no longer have to prove that they are man's equal in this world.
    Not having to prove that any more, woman are again free to be...... feminine again
    They are now free to be man's equal, even their boss while wearing high heels and a pencil skirt, etc.

It seems that wherever women are denied their femininity, (in dress) they eventually reclaim and embrace their right to dress in a feminine manor.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 02-10-2016 at 10:28 PM. Reason: spelling

I have a semi sheer white tunic that shows my bra quite well.

I love sheer blouses with a pretty bra underneath or at least a sexy camisole. I have always liked the monochromatic look, white under white, black under black etc. Even a light pastel bra under white looks fine, I'm not crazy about a white bra under a black blouse for instance as I think it defeats the purpose of the sheerness.
    That being said, I wish they made prettier bras in larger sizes. If you're a 32 or 34 there are mountains of lovely stuff, not so much in the larger sizes.
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

I certainly love the look!

I too love the look. It can be very feminine and sexy. I have some blouses and dresses that are semi sheer and like that pretty silhouette of the top of the bra or camisole in front and the clean lines of the visible bra straps in the back. I would like to do a sheer top with a lacy bra underneath without camisole and shape wear underneath. Unfortunately, that probably will not happen for me because I really depend on the shape wear to give me the shape and presentation that I strive for. When done right it is wonderful, when done bad, I would rather not see it.

Platinum Member
    Hi Liz, I love wearing colored lingerie under my sheer blouses . ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I worked at a big company and one day one of the secretaries was wearing a sheer blouse and lace bra.

The word spread like wildfire and she must have noticed that just about guy in the building came up with a reason to pass through her office.

Well she never wore that blouse again.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I often wear contrasting underwear under thin blouses.

Yes it does turn the male heads around.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.