Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost outed by....my dress!

Almost outed by....my dress!

After five fabulous days of being immersed in Anna, I came home from my last dressed up outing ready to enjoy the evening in a satin nightie. I happened to look down on the couch, and saw dozens of tiny reflections. In seconds I realized that the LBD I bought and wore all day Sunday had shed a goodly portion of it's glitter. Taking a flashlight around the house, the depth of my anxiety took shape. I had left a trail in every room and every surface. The fabric chairs and sofa cushions were the worst as the texture seemed to capture and hold the glitter. Even smooth surfaces attracted the particles like a magnet.

So after 2 hours of vacuuming, mopping, and wiping down I think I have most of it. Of course I'll have to repeat tomorrow before the SO gets home to catch what I probably missed tonight. Be very careful girls with those sparkly dresses, because I'm pretty sure it would be hard to come up with a good explanation.....

Fairies came to visit?

I feel for you, Those glitter dresses can be rough that way.
    They stick on your face, get in your hair. pretty much everywhere
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

One time had a glitter eyeshadow on for the night. Came home and scrubbed my face with the makeup remover wipes and a washcloth for good measure. Went to work THE NEXT NIGHT and someone asked me why I had glitter all over my eyes and cheeks. Glitter and sparkles are THE WORST at trying to keep a secret lol.

Silver Member
    Don't forget to clean the cleaning implements if your wife also uses them. She may empty the vacuum or use the mop and wonder why you bought a glittery mop. I avoid any fabrics and cosmetics that are even vaguely in the glitter/sparkle family. Glad to hear you noticed your error with time to clean it up! I only see three ways out; "It is from my dress and I cross dress, so how was your trip?" or "I had a little fling while you were away and her dress left them behind, so how was your trip?" "Oh shucks, I didn't want you to know of my surprise but I see the LBD I got you for Valentine's Day left a big hint, so how was your trip?" (Then in a beautifully wrapped box give her the same dress).

I had a nice sequin dress that was shedding about twenty seaquins every time I wore it.

Had to get rid of it.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Yea, glitter, wig hair, price tags, and other clothing adornments like little glass jewel like decorations glued to jeans or blouses. I'm careful not to go all over the house, try to keep any such items contained. Good thing I used to clean up the house when my SO was gone for a few day before I discovered my femme / CD . She isn't surprised to find the house clean when she returns

Sara, I like your third suggestion

Platinum Member

Sounds like Hansel & Grettel & The Bread Crumbs !

Hi Anna, Been there and done that, Lucky that my wonderful DA/DTWife knows all about everything.

Your story reminds me of the story about Hansel & Grettel dropping bread crumbs to find their way back home ~~......
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 02-09-2016 at 08:43 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sequins and glitter sure do add to the anxiety, I had a similar incident, the sequins and glitter were on shoes and refused to stay there!
    Hugs
    Abbey x
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    We got two different Xmas cards and both had glitter on them. Any chance you did as well? If so just say you were looking at them again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

There are always clues, some more obvious than others. Curled eye lashes, missed eyeliner, missed nail polish. And I do love sparkles in my eyeshadow, so difficult to get all of it off, I know I have made people wonder about me. Oh well what else is new, people are always wondering about me.
    Kelli

Aspiring Member
    Instead of dust bunnies you had glitter bunnies.lol. thats why I don't wear anything that has glitter on it

I have a dress which has glitter all over the skirt. It sheds a little each time I put it on, but it's not too obvious. Besides, I do all the vacuuming in the house, so if I do vacuum, there's no wondering why.
    Oh, I really love the dress!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarciManseau View Post
    We got two different Xmas cards and both had glitter on them. Any chance you did as well? If so just say you were looking at them again
    Yeah, and I really detest the clowns who send cards loaded with confetti too. I make sure I do not buy any dresses with glitter or sequins on them for the exact same reason.

Oh, just tell your SO you had a lap dance at the gentlemen's club and her glitter got all over you. At least she won't find out you're a crossdressers

I vote for AnnieMac as Best Answer!

This is why glitter bombs are called LGBT Napalm.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Whew!
    I tend to stay away from glitter, myself.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Thanks Jennie- you rock!

Watch out for lipstick stains, too. I've left a few of those on drinking straws, cups, and on wipes left in the bathroom wastebasket (I don't want to flush them into our old plumbing and risk a $150 visit from the plumber). Fortunately I am out to my wife so she just teases me about them.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

I tried on a dress once that had so much glitter on it there was literally a pile on the floor in my fitting room. Then of coarse it had no zipper and had to be pulled over my head. By the time I got through I looked like I had been glitter bombed.

When I got home I undressed in the garage and immediately went straight to the shower. I watch for and avoid glitter material now.
    Live and let dress.

A little off point, but my ex-wife use to go through my wallet when I was asleep. Of course she would always deny it. But I knew as I am right handed and would go to put my pants on in the morning and my wallet would be in the left pocket. She would always deny it. Well one day my daughters were playing with glitter and I asked them to make daddy an envelope with a red heart on the oust side, out of construction paper with lots of glitter in the envelope. I put it in my wallet. About two weeks later I walked in to the master bath in the morning and there was glitter everywhere. She still denied that she had ever been in my wallet. Glitter tells all.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    Hiding your crossdressing from people who live in the same house is very difficult and doomed to failure over the long haul. Glitter, wig hairs, makeup and lipstick stains, marks from high heels, and many other little things will have you caught eventually. I know, I went through it for a while.

You say you vacuumed and mopped, that's fine, I used to do that, but what happens when your wife comes home and finds the house too clean and neat? After you finish cleaning, you need to go back and make it a bit messy.

I bought my first and only glitter dress when I was on a business trip. I had glitter all over the hotel room but thankfully none on me or in my suitcase. It got purged on the way to the airport in the bag I bought it in and I will never buy a glitter garment ever again, although I'd live to have one.

Ever tried to get rid of the smell of perfume? :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

OMGosh...your story just shot a dose of adrenaline through me as I remember purchasing years ago a cheap sparkly dress only to realize that after laying it down on the passenger seat of my car (of course I had to take it out of the bag to admire it on the way home) it was shedding blue minute crystals everywhere. Fortunately, I noticed before I started the car and left the mall parking lot. I marched right back to the boutique and returned the dress! And then I spent the next 15-20 minutes getting all those &*^%)#! sparkly things out of my car!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg