Thread: What Dressing Does for Me

What Dressing Does for Me

I'm on the road and have been having trouble concentrating on finishing a project, a speech I'm delivering Friday.

I got up early this morning, put on a pair of silky pantyhose, bra, heels and satin robe. I sat down at the desk and got more done in an hour than in the last five days.

What is it about dressing that gets my creative juices flowing?

If only you could see me sarahcsc's Avatar
    Maybe you can't concentrate because you were distracted by the thought of putting on a pair of silky pantyhose, bra, heels and satin robe.
    "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me" - Ayn Rand

I notice that too, I can get more done dressed than when I'm not. May be because we feel more ourselves.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

For me, it's a de-stressor. The peaceful and relaxed state that it puts me in makes me more focused and productive.

On the flip side, I do get a bit distracted just reveling in the feeling.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

Aspiring Member
    Hi Genevieve

It works for me too. I often get a lot more done and am more focused whilst I am dressed; don’t know why, but it just happens.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Banned Read only
    Genevieve,
    When I dress and stand in front of my easel the painting goes much better !
    In still plan to take a painting break/holiday and dress the whole time, finding a secluded beach and just paint dressed would be doing the two things I enjoy most !

I've tried this too, especially when I was working from home. All I needed was a computer, and I was home alone. I thought it would be great, and while dressing has always been a destressor for me, I found I was too distracted. It didn't seem to matter whether I dressed in jeans, lingerie, blouse and flats, or a nice skirt suit, hose, and heels. Sadly, I always got less done while dressed.

Linda

One thing I love doing while dressed is work related conference calls.
    I love enjoying my feminine self while presenting as the authoratative male that I am to the participants.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I have experienced something to that degree.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Only weak effect for part of one day, otherwise it totally kills the negative self-talk so works well

Quote Originally Posted by Vikky View Post
    Hi Genevieve

It works for me too. I often get a lot more done and am more focused whilst I am dressed; don’t know why, but it just happens.

Vikky
    Hello Vicky I'm Patricia Starr and i do all my house enfemme. Every once in a while when I'm wearing a skirt I got to wiggle my behind. I'ts a habit.

Getting dressed to do a task usually is relaxing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    I'm with Linda on this one. Getting dressed as a woman distracts me from things I should be doing. If I don't dress, I get a lot more done.

Not to judge but am not a CD, but a long time Post-Op TS. Have only worn female clothes for 40 years. I normally wear casual clothes around home, which varies from summer/winter. If I have gone out during day, don't always change out of daytime dress. And that will vary the amount/type of house work I do. Or if I have gotten a new nighttime dress, I will try it with heels/hose to check out how well it works. Will then definitely be much more careful in what I do around the house. None of this is from distraction, but from the simple fact of not wanting to mess up my nicer outer wear. Which is what I assume has some bearing on any one.

Aspiring Member
    At one point dressing (or rather getting dressed) was a welcome distraction. I was (and still would be) happy to work from home in a dress, wig, heels and hose, even with minimal makeup. And it was effectively business as usual except just a change in clothing. It got increasingly distracting as I needed to anticipate the real plausibility of a 'fire drill' all the time. Doubly so when make-up comes into play.

Silver Member
    I think it would really vary. It probably depends on the task you were trying to accomplish and the circumstances around you.

What you are doing: If you are doing something creative or artistic for example, being dressed might help. If you are doing physical work, it might have the opposite effect.

Alone or with others: Being dressed alone might be more productive than being with other people dressed.

What you are wearing: If you have heels, nails and a wig might be distracting for some work but jeans and flats might different.

Yeah it varies for me... Sometimes, when dressed, I can get a ton done (probably because I dont have getting dressed on my mind) other times, I spend too much time on makeup or picking out an outfit like or a look where I am too distracted to work...