Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How you look

How you look

I have seen many posts from girls that feel bad about the way they look. I feel that it is not the way you look to others
    so much as the way being dressed makes you feel. I could not pass as female but as soon as I dress I am whoever I wish to be.
    If you feel good when dressing then just enjoy it.

I feel good when I am transformed into Lisa and pass very well.I learned passing very well from this,practice and lots of it.

I feel I look as good as I can with what I have to work with and I'm happy with that. I may not be a raving beauty but feel that I have a certain look and feel good doing it. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

When I dress I feel great. In my mind I look fantastic. Then I look in the mirror, oh my. No matter how good my makeup , no matter how cute the outfit, I still see the ax handle wide shoulders and NFL linebacker size. As big as I am I can walk gracefully in the highest heels. I have watched all the mannerisms of girls and can almost pull off all the deportment and actions as to not be read that way but, there lingers the linebacker. So I just dress for me and how it makes me feel. I have gone out in public and will again even though the nervousness is intense.

When my wife and I first discussed it, she was baffled at the obvious masculine aspects of me, and how I could possible look passable.
    I explained that what I see is completely different from what she and others would see. Though that remains true, I find myself with a deepening desire to shave my body and facial hair (I have a goatee) and do a complete transformation. I'd love to know how good I could look. I have a long ways to go with my wife before she would accept that.
    For now, I dress head to toe, and it is sublime!
    Last edited by Chelsea B; 02-10-2016 at 04:49 PM.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

Banned Read only
    Tracy,
    I like to think it all through and put outfits together and do the best with what I see looking back at me in the mirror. The main constraint is it mustn't cost a fortune ! I went out to my first social meeting a couple of weeks ago and felt totally comfortable , I wasn't as concerned about how I looked or did I pass it was just good to be out and satisfy my femme side and its needs .

Aspiring Member
    Hi Tracy

I am not worried how I look to others as I only dress at home or in the motorhome (RV), have a beard and don’t do make up, although I have a wig. I just enjoy the dressing and contented feeling it gives me. The look down over my bust, skirt, tights and heels is exhilarating, but nobody else sees or knows.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    that is a great attitute to have!!! XOXO

Tracy, I am SO happy for you. Just a thought - many of the GG folks wish just as you do that they could look better.

We are not all born beautiful, and maybe that is good. Gives us something to strive for. Really, though, my thoughts are with the GGs (How I hate that term) that cannot cut it in the sense that they KNOW they do not look good. OK. So I'm a man. I am not handsome. I do not have a six-pack. I have a 24 pack with no definition.

I can have a beer belly, 3 day beard, grubby toes, trace of body odor - who the Hell cares? I'm a man, right? A provider (except when I pass out in front of the TV, farting myself to sleep? No sXXX, This is my right!

Bet you look better than that, girl!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I think that most every woman has some concerns about her appearance at one time or another, so why should we be any different about ours??
    There are things I would love to change about my appearance, but I just deal with them rather than obsess.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Dressing has always been about how it makes me feel as opposed to how it makes me look.
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

Mandy Faye
    I love the way dressing up makes me feel
    , But have found myself being more and more aware of how I look ... I like that

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I completely concure, Tracy.
    I've been told I'm quite passable from people in person, but it is more about how I feel.
    If one is passable to themselves, that's all that matters.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Looks r very important to me!

I can't pass when out. But, I can and do in my mirror and my pics.

And that's all that's really important!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Hello, I'm Robin and I'm narsasis (is that a noun or a verb...whatever) 😕

It really is all about how you feel on the inside, I completely get that...it's why I present 'en tween' most of the time, I genuinely feel better not 'pretending' (to be a man or woman ). Sure, I still enjoy going 'all in' so I can unchain those damn femme manerisms (and rock my purse and cute ear rings) I need to let out!

Reality Check
    You certainly can feel however you feel and if dressing makes you feel good even though you think you don't look good, that's fine. It doesn't matter, especially if you're not out in public.

Personally, I'm more like the "girls" in your first sentence. I do try to look good (meaning look like a natural woman). It ruins things for me if I walk past the mirror or take a photo and see a man in a dress.

Do I pass? I have no way of knowing for sure and passing is a moving target. I have been out in public just driving and walking and haven't had any rude comments or snickers that I've seen. I know I couldn't go in a restaurant, sit down and order a meal and expect to pass.

Anyway, crossdressing is different for each of us. Whatever floats your boat.

Banned Read only
    I know my limitations. I'm an in home cross dresser with some forays into the evening under cloak of darkness for a stroll. I look my age which does not bother me. You can put lipstick on a pig and it still looks like a pig. I see too many aging women out in the wild who really would look better if they forgot the makeup. At home I don't even bother with makeup. A close shave will work for the day. With a wig on and with no point of reference to show my six foot height sans heels I feel terrific. I just stay away from mirrors. I spend my day doing domestic chores, baking, meal preparation, and, maybe eating my breakfast and lunch in the backyard..weather permitting.

Sometimes I have good days and bad days. I always try to improve but in the end it's really how it makes me feel inside.

There are days when I am passable and there are days when I am not. A proper makeup and matching outfit help greatly.

There are days where I have no desire to be passable. Simply nice leggings, tshirt and a glass of wine will do.

Well there's how you look, and then there's so called unkept. say like the worst case a homeless person, dirty hair, face, clothes, etc.

I wish it was more acceptable for guys to wear makeup. Just a light foundation can make such a difference in how you look.

I went to a wedding one time and all the women were so attractive.

The next morning at the breakfast get together I thought where's all the hot women?

Lets face it makeup is so cool.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

If I got credit for effort, I'd look great.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

If one tries and the makeup looks good then one should look good and every one looks different to others. So, if you get a complement then it is a true one. Don't have fear over how you look.
    Part Time Girl

This is something I have always pondered. Since I see myself as myself all the time. In the morning look in mirror and wonder how to pull it all together. I have never been very good at makeup skills. Never had a pro makeover. Know I am not classically pretty. Have had men call me gorgeous but then again they are looking for something.

When I transitioned in the 70s, the ultimate goal was to pass as just another woman. Found that ones attitude had as much to do with that as anything. After SRS, in str8 clubs men are always after one thing, and will apply charm and liquor to get what they are after. As an older woman people don't even look at you.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TracyUK View Post
    I have seen many posts from girls that feel bad about the way they look. I feel that it is not the way you look to others
    so much as the way being dressed makes you feel. I could not pass as female but as soon as I dress I am whoever I wish to be.
    If you feel good when dressing then just enjoy it.
    I agree Tracy. A good perspective.

If I had the proper time to get everything just right, I think I would do just fine... BUT, time is a luxury. I work with what I can, when I can - and no matter how I look, it's all about how I feel, as it should be... no?