Thread: First time out -- loved it

First time out -- loved it

Hi All,

I just wanted to share my first outing with you all. I just loved it.

I was able to do it because of PaulaQ. She is really awesome. Thank you very much Paula.

I went to Cedar Springs Rd in Dallas on Friday. I had taken half day off from work. I changed in the car from drab. As it was my first time I thought wearing jeans would be more comfortable than a skirt. I changed into jeans, top, my favorite bra and panties . Had taken my breast form's for the first time outside home. Wearing them outside is lot more different than having them at home. Applied some make up and lipstick in the car. Along with my wig I think I was not that bad. I was not that passable, but I felt good.

Now it was time to get out of the car, I felt a little nervous. Luckily I had Paula's number and called her. She said she was about to enter the parking lot and said she would come and help me. As soon as I saw her in the parking lot, I felt confident and I stepped outside of the car. We went to hunky's hamburger. I was a little scared as was not sure how people would treat me. But it turns out that Paula is pretty famous in hunky's and the cashier knew her by name. It eased me a little and he talked with me as well very courteously. We sat there and talked for a while. I was feeling very good. First time out as Diana.

People there dint care and they were doing /minding their own business.

After talking with her for sometime Paula suggested she would show me around and we decided to go to Sue ellen bar. Before that I waneed to use the rest room.she said that it's not a problem and I can go to women's restroom at hunky's and no one would care. So there I was out for the first time and could use the ladies restroom without any issues.

After that we went to Sue ellen. It was a little windy and my wig hair was coming over my face. It felt really good.

At Sue ellen there were few folks but no one cared. The owner whom every body over there call her Mommy, was very polite and treated us any other. I felt really good and was really happy that I could spend couple of hours as Diana and no one cared as whom I was and how I was dressed.

Thank you again Paula.

For those who have not gone out and want to go out in Dallas, cedar springs is the place.

Sorry for the long thread, I had a great time.

Hugs,
    Diana

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    VERY awesome experience!
    Overcoming that initial hurtle can take a lot, but once it's done it is done.
    Congratulations Diana!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Great news and I still remember the first time I went out as Lisa as well

congratulations, and is there no end to PaulaQ's awesomeness? :-)))
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Fantastic, great to hear you had an awesome time and thanks for sharing your experience x
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

I am so glad for you that you had a good experience. getting out and about can be addicting.

Keep rockin' sister!

Jenn

Congrats, I remember my first time was great too. Makes you wanna go again doesn't it? Now you've got the bug too!
    -kat
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaWales View Post
    ... I changed into jeans, top, my favorite bra and panties . ...
    I hope not in that order...

Congrats. I remember my first time out. My SO and I dressed up and she told me I looked super cute. She asked me if I wanted to go out. I decided to go for it. (wine helped). Ended up at a gay bar. Danced - even got a pic taken with my SO. Super exciting and fun. She was amazing (still is) and super supportive throughout. Ended up going few more times. Not a big deal, but every time I step outside, I feel super charged and sexy.

Hope you will have more outings.

Banned Read only
    I really had a very nice time meeting you, Diana! I enjoyed talking with you a lot! I thought you looked really good, and thought you were very brave. I have a feeling you'll probably visit that neighborhood again. You definitely need to hit S4 on a Friday or Saturday night to catch the drag shows there. They are a great deal of fun.

I was really touched when you had told me that you'd driven through that neighborhood before, afraid to stop and get out of your car. I can remember doing that for so much of my life. I was fascinated by the Oaklawn Cedar Springs neighborhood. I drove through it, seeing gay men and women, seeing trans women, but never stopping. I did this dozens and dozens of times during my adult life. It was miserable. I felt there was some answer there, if only I knew what it was, or were brave enough to seek it out. But I always left - too afraid to stop.

Until finally I not only stopped - but I lived there. Turns out I didn't really learn what I expected to learn there, but it was educational nevertheless, and I'm glad I had the experience.

Anyway, I'm glad you no longer need to drive through there, feeling sadness and longing for something that seems too dangerous to even try to attain. And hey, there's some fun to be had over there, too. They are just bars, with people in them. A lot of them are really nice people too. Really no different in any way that really matters, at the end of the day, than anyone else.

Folks who are in the Dallas area who want some help, whether it be pointers to resources or support, or as in this case, just help getting out the first time, are welcome to PM me. Our you can find me on facebook - it's not hard - I'm Paula Minnie Ellis.

I've met a number of people from the forum in person, and talked to quite a few more by phone or text or instant or private messages. I really enjoy getting to know people. My time is limited sometimes - but when I have time, I really do enjoy meeting folks from here.

Diana,
    Having support when going out changes the game completely.

Glad you had a good time with Paula.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Diana,
    I'm glad it went well for you, Paula is a great inspiration on the forum so it was really kind of her to meet up and give some confidence.

For my first time out to a social meeting I dressed at home and drove the thirty miles to the venue, It felt odd to be driving not knowing if other drivers realised I was a Cder. I can't wait till the next monthly meeting, thinking out an outfit , heading off in the car again and walking across the car park at the hotel !

Thank you for the inspiration! I can't wait for my first time. Don't know when or where yet, but I know it will be liberating because of posts like these.

Happy for you that your first time out went well Diana. Bet you are planning the next one already!

Way to go Diana!
    So much gratitude for the experience of others who are willing to share and give their time!! Thanks PaulaQ!

Peace
    Stevie

So glad your first time out went so well. Hope it's the first of many!

You are awesome person Paula. I am very glad that I could meet you. You are right, I think I will go back to that neighborhood again .

Thanks again for helping me.

Hugs,
    Diana

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I hope not in that order...
    If it were in that order I would become think maybe a super girl

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thanks all. I really loved my first time out. For those that are thinking about doing it, I would say just do it. You will have fun.

Don't think too much, just go with the flow.

What a great story! Thanks for sharing!! I am so happy for you. So brave!! Way to go, girl!!!!

Platinum Member

Your First Time !

Hi Diana, That was wonderful that you were able to get out,
    I'm sure that you will go out many more times, But you will always remember your first time. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

hi Diana,

sounds like a super day out, happy for you