Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: coming out to others

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina81 View Post
    ...Define Part-Time......
    Tina, to me, part time means 1) occasional cross dressing and certainly less time dressed than in full guy mode. But more to the point of informing others, do you need to be dressed in their presence? If yes, then tell them. I dress a few times a month at most. I never choose to nor feel a need to dress instead of doing things with family and friends. So, my cross dressing doe snot affect them in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie7 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice.

A couple of questions:
    - Has any one got an example of telling another person who they tought would be accepting (or a CD/TG herself) and it got horribly wrong?
    Jennifer: I do agree with you on having a reason to tell someone. My reseaon is that I'm telling her how I think she is brave and courageous and I want her to know where I'm coming from.
    - But the question is, I worked with this person and she is not my close friend. Due to circumstances I might also not work with her again. So the chance of us seeing each other on a normal situation is slim. does this matter?

Kaite x
    Perhaps the best way to approach this person is to begin a stronger friendship with her. As the friendship develops it will seem almost seamless to go ahead and include your inner secrets with her. There is no time line you are on, just allow your relationship to take a course that is natural.

Silver Member
    While I'm pretty open I've only initiated the "coming out" outside of family to a few people. I wear women's clothes but don't tell people I'm a CD. If they can't figure it out and ask I'll answer. I know that people can see that I'm wearing women's apparel. I've never felt the need to tell people.

I have shown it to some of my family and they mostly ignore it.
    I don't think they take it as seriously with me as they would with another.
    They know I like women, so they don't seem to understand that bisexuality exists and I'm also found of men.
    For them this is somewhat theatrical rather than a lifestyle.
    I don't know how to do it or if I should do it. Once I had my dress on in front of my older uncle and he just came on to me (yes I do tend to dress ****ty). Honestly I don't know what to do with them.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Katie,

Telling anyone is a personal decision and as many have said here the only questions you have to ask yourself is: (1) Why do you want to tell the other person? ;and (2) What would be the knock on effects in your life should this secret accidently get beyond this trusted agent to others in your social/work setting?. Look I am not saying this person is not trustworthy and she will blab to the world but the funny thing about personal information is once you let it go to a source close to your personal/professional life, even to someone you trust, you loose control of that information. So are prepared for that potential?

IMHO, if you want to tell because you desire kinship of sorts, someone to share with then I agree with those who advocate getting in touch with a local CDing group where you can share common experiences and support. This person is transitioning and while she would most likely understand where you are coming from, her experiences and end game are much different from yours. As such, a CDing group would be more akin to understanding aspects of your desires and helping to integrate them into your life (covertly or openly . . . whatever floats your boat in the end ).

Cheers

Marcelle

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    It's felt good to tell others, and so far no negative results, but it's a risk- you must accept that however much you trust someone and believe you know them; however vehemently they promise not to divulge- once the secret is shared, it is no longer a secret.
    I used to have a short attention spa