Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Age and location

Reality Check
    I'm surprised that someone would have to ask the question. I would also warn that even if an age and location is stated, it's not necessarily factual. Members can put anything they want in their profiles. For that matter, they can post any photo they want as their avatar. It could be themselves, a friend or a random photo from the Internet.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet." - Abe Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    "Don't believe everything you see on the Internet." - Abe Lincoln.
    I've heard that quote for a really long time... pretty much since it's inception when Al Gore invented the interwebs but I didn't remember it was Abe Lincoln. Thanks Krisi!
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

62 outside Knoxville Tn.
    Lets all enjoy what we do

Nobody here under 50 yet? Interesting.

Erf.. saw someone at 38. The stupid Delete button isn't working

I'm statistically a 'cub'?

Why does this show up so late, I wonder?
    Last edited by mechamoose; 02-12-2016 at 10:31 AM.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

A young 63 from Pittsburgh PA. And I'm still playing ice hockey every week.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    44 - central California baby!

I leave my location somewhat vague as I live in quite a small community.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Privacy varies from person to person.
    I think I used to have my age on my profile.
    I turned 34 last month.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

41 - Orange County, California

“One should never trust a woman who tells one her real age . . . A woman who would tell one that would tell one anything.” ~ Oscar Wilde

I put my age up originally so no qualms there. Was hesitant about location for privacy issues and still being deep in the closet.

But for the record: Age-46 Location-small town West Texas

~Tara

I would guess, mostly for their privacy. Most wouldn't want to be recognized or approached in their local area "Hey aren't you on 'crossdressers.com'?" Some people are discrete, some are not. Personally I am not "out" to everyone. The lingerie shops, of course, my wife and maybe two other people, not counting the folks here. I am sure no one wishes something held over their head...

@--}----
    Michelle

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar
    WOW !! Do I feel OLD , 76, still do a Play Boy Bunny, & Maid, every haloween, Lake Havasu , Az
    Yes, my hair is my own, No wigs,,
    (((HUGGS )))
    JoanAz

going to be 50 this year...New Yorker now living in the GREAT state of Texas...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Like Nadine Spirit, I live in a small town so I just give a general area (which is still small compared to other areas of the state, country, world). My age is top secret because I try not to think about it, but I do look younger than that guy who possesses my body most of the time.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Platinum Member
    I figure it is an issue of maintaining one's privacy. I think a lady new to this site and young would think she has a lot to lose if she were to be recognized. Yes, I'm sure there are many logging onto this site late at night or when her spouse is not home, and, making sure she clears the sites she visited. If you do not clear the "history" and her wife or S/O sees this site and starts to peruse the general open to the public area, her wife may be able to piece things together. I don't remember if a non member can access the tab of who I am, which has my date of birth. I also have the general location of where I live. I am sure if my wife, who knows I am a cross dresser (DADT) would be able to piece together enough info and come to the conclusion Stephanie47 is her husband. If you're going to make adverse or terse comments about a loved one you may want to make them in the sections not viewable to non members.

I am a retiree, so, I have nothing to lose with regards to any adverse employment issues. Yes, nobody really cares, but, they do care. Anyone who thinks people do not have opinions that are negative concerning people who are not like themselves is living in a fantasy world.

Who else may be able to identify me? My two kids and their spouses? I hope a discovery of my cross dressing would not overshadow 35 or 40 years of a loving relationship.

I can understand the reluctance to post anything, which is what I suspect goes on with the very high numbers of non members lurking as "guests" on any thread.

ADD ON: I checked the users on the site right now. There are 67 members and 267 guests. All can view my comments. Hi Honey! It's me!
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 02-12-2016 at 12:16 PM.

The "visitor" issue is why I mainly post in the member sections (photos and shopping) as it adds a layer of "security". It's also why I have vacillated on having a pic as an avatar. I guess I am getting a little bolder, but I sure understand girls wanting and valuing a little privacy.

I think Stephanie nailed it here: "Yes, nobody really cares, but, they do care. Anyone who thinks people do not have opinions that are negative concerning people who are not like themselves is living in a fantasy world."

Silver Member
    I certainly understand the privacy need. I lurked for many years before deciding to join. When a girl joins, she might consider showing the city, if a large one, or the county, if a small one. An Avitar need not be shown, unless its one from public domain that you like. As to age and birthday, fudge a little. A brand new, young appearing member, Jolynne Wynn, showed her county, which has over 3 million people, so it surely was safe to show it. That's the way to do it, especially if you'd like to contact a sister for whatever reason.

Here's a counter-question -- what's it to you?

72, Southern California
    joank
    Southern California

Me thinks that many girls would be much more comfortable with disclosing that kind of information once the government starts registering pitchforks, especially the ones with multiple forks that are quickly thrust.

55, Shecagou.

But seriously, who asks a lady for her age? Try imagining this question in a gg-only forum...

64, Killeen, Tx.
    Part Time Girl

A young 76 and in North Texas.

I had to look at my profile to see where I left it. As I thought, I do have my birth date and location present in my profile. So I guess I am no longer concerned about who may or may not look at my profile.

-KD

Age 70, Western Pennsylvania

Jodi