Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes or no

Banned Read only

Yes or no

I know some here will say I can't do this because I'm not a female but take a deep breath, put some panties on if this helps and do it anyway.

Put yourself in a woman or girl's position, should they be O.K. with a male crossdressing to what ever degree whether it be just panties, under dressing, androgynous, a few visible items or all out. Females do it to all degrees and it's accepted by all. Now answer the question.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Absolutely Yes. We all need to be admired and accepted regardless of our outward presentation.
    Now, what about the clods that show up at elegant symphony events in shorts, t-shirt, sneaks and a ball cap?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Yes, yes, yes. We deserve love and respect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

We have the right to be ourselves without feeling bad about it.

If someone else has a problem with that? Well, then THEY have a problem. Not you.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I would guess that the overwhelming answer, which I would agree with, would be a resounding YES. But your sample is probably a bit skewed and may suffer from the tiniest bit of what I think statisticians call "selection effect"!
    I'd be intrigued if anyone answered NO, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Put yourself in a woman or girl's position, should they be O.K. with a male crossdressing to what ever degree whether it be just panties, under dressing, androgynous, a few visible items or all out.
    I have a problem whenever anyone says "should"...
    So NO - nobody has a right to impose their beliefs or values on anyone else - any person has an express right to like what they and dislike what they don't..

And this is a flawed premise:
    Females do it to all degrees and it's accepted by all. Now answer the question.
    Females do not (or very rarely) do it "to all degrees" - specifically, while they may do androgynous or mixed mode, "all out" is extremely rare.
    MtF CDers use wigs, forms, makeup as well as clothing. To my mind, the "all out" FtM equivalent is fake beard or stubble, a chest wig (can you get leg wigs...? ) and 6 pairs of socks stuffed down your jeans front... (obviously that's for my endowment... ) - I don't believe cis-females indulge in dressing like that...

You are entitled to your view - but I feel that you could perhaps broaden it a little more...

Katey x
    Last edited by Katey888; 02-12-2016 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Spelling!
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Hell yes! It's 7 am here and I'm about to have a shower, put on some skinny jeans, a bra and makeup and go out (ok, boots, panties, etc...it's kinda chilly 😉 )

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    6 pairs of socks stuffed down your jeans front... (obviously that's for my endowment... ) -
    Katey x
    Just six? I'm so sorry.......

You are who you are. Feminine expression, whether it is what you do or ingrained in your being is what it is. Society is turning, albeit slowly. Many women out there are cool with it.

Until it lands in their backyard by way of their own SO being TG/CD.

That too is what it is.

It is too much to expect that any of our SO's should feel obligated to undo a lifetime of socialization and their own biological attractions to align with this thing of ours. Some will, many won't. Some can't. All we can do is live our lives and be visible in the ways that work for our own situations in hopes of contributing to a sea change that is not likely to be very fast at all.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Reality Check
    We can't put ourselves in the position of a woman because we are not women and have never been women. The closest we can come to answering your question is to ask ourselves if we would be OK with our wives or girlfriends or just any woman on the street trying to dress as and look like a man. Would you be OK with your wife in a crew cut, fake beard and wearing a prosthetic penis?

As for your last sentence, women wearing jeans or tee shirts are not crossdressing.

Actually Krisi, we can put ourselves in the position of a woman through something called empathy.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

It would be absolutely OK to me, in fact I would prefer everyone to be open about it rather than in the closet.

Put yourself in a woman or girl's position, should they be O.K. with a male crossdressing?

No they don't have to be.....

I am not comfortable with a man with a beard wearing a dress.

So, I do not think anyone should be obliged to have some other belief forced upon them.

For example, I don't mind gay people as long as they don't want to pat me on the bum all the time....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Actually Krisi, we can put ourselves in the position of a woman through something called empathy.
    Not really. We haven't spent our lifetimes as females. We might think we can put ourselves in the position of a female but in reality, we cannot.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    We can't put ourselves in the position of a woman because we are not women and have never been women.
    This exactly it. Women are different, and their perspective of putting on men's or men-like clothing is different from ours of dressing as a woman. It does nothing to change their identity. Most just do it for comfort and convenience. We on the other hand get some kind of kick out of it. Not necessarily a sexual kick, but a form of excitement nonetheless. It could be sexual excitement, or simply the excitement of finally being able to let loose a part of our identity that we have to keep repressed most of the time. Whatever our reasons it does not have the same connotation that wearing masculine clothing has for women.

The fact is that most women dressing in masculine clothing aren't trying to present as men at all. Most of us on the other hand, like to wear feminine clothing to present as women.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Rushing View Post
    Just six? I'm so sorry.......
    hee hee
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Banned Read only
    ...Females do it to all degrees and it's accepted by all...
    Firstly, this statement is utterly false. Unless you want to call pants exclusive domain for men which has not been the case for a century. Even then, compared to the male equivalent, they are completely different.

Secondly, cross dressers SHOULD be more objective about what they are bringing to relationship.

Thirdly and lastly, I believe that women, in general, ARE ok with cross dressing. Has has been supported here many, many times by the women of this board, it is the lack of honesty that causes the grief, not the cross dressing itself.

I believe everyone has something and this isn't the worst thing....
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    ...it is the lack of honesty that causes the grief, not the cross dressing itself.
    Sometimes it is the cross dressing itself. I told my wife before we were married that I had this tendency. She has never liked it, and likely never will, it's a major turn-off for her to even think of her man in women's clothes. Her support limits itself to DADT, which is tolerance, not support. And I can wear panties at will, but she'd never go out and surprise me with a new pair or two on my birthday or Valentine's day. That's as far as it goes.

It's one subject that I don't think is possible to generalize about, but I've been hanging out on other boards as well and it seems to me that the number of women that go past mere tolerance and actually embrace their SO's dressing is a fairly small proportion of spouses, and there has been more than one divorce over the issue. I myself came very close to divorce on the issue.

Hmm. The OP question was "should they be ok with it?". That doesn't beg any questions about the nature of FTM "crossdressing". (I love the idea of leg wigs Katey!).

What it does touch on is the nature of (small L) liberalism. To what extent should a liberal tolerate intolerance or illiberality. That a biggie and cuts across a while host of issues, many of them arguably much more important than whether a guy wants to wear a dress.

Originally Posted by deebra
    ...Females do it to all degrees and it's accepted by all...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Firstly, this statement is utterly false. Unless you want to call pants exclusive domain for men which has not been the case for a century. Even then, compared to the male equivalent, they are completely different.

Secondly, cross dressers SHOULD be more objective about what they are bringing to relationship.

Thirdly and lastly, I believe that women, in general, ARE ok with cross dressing. Has has been supported here many, many times by the women of this board, it is the lack of honesty that causes the grief, not the cross dressing itself.
    hey jen, your first point....women have and do wear male clothes, some have even been adapted like you said, boy shorts for example, boy friend jeans another, so while womens clothes assimilated mens clothes if they were to simply put on our clothes and run down to the quickie mart for a squishy no one would most likely care or notice, if we in the same instance grabbed a flowered jean that fit and a blouse and feminine boot say, its noticed and remarked about.....

second, everyone should be objective to what they bring to a relationship regardless of how they dress....

third, the support and acceptance of the GGs here will always be balanced out by women on other forums and possibly some here, in those they will denigrate and disparage theyre mates for crossdressing, so in general their is a lot of things that have to align and happen for a women to accept us and yes honesty is a valuable part of that...

but to answer deebras guestion in the context that we just grabbed some clothes to get a squishy from the quicky mart like i pointed out above, yes their is a double standard in society with that, as far as forms wigs the whole nine yards, like someone said dont want a chest wig on my girl, and a silicone dong would freak me out, one sock or more to, so just strike it up to me being a hypocrite, i like my girl girlie, so you cant make someone like it..... its just still weird to some....

that would be a no from me deebra....
    Last edited by mykell; 02-12-2016 at 12:37 PM. Reason: i broke the quote
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not this argument again.............................................

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    To my mind, the "all out" FtM equivalent is fake beard or stubble, a chest wig (can you get leg wigs...? ) and 6 pairs of socks stuffed down your jeans front.
    TBH that's a good point which in my own ignorance hadn't thought about. In this extreme reversed example, while I am comfortable with my SO wearing mens clothes (as she does), I would be very put off with the idea of her stuffing socks down her jeans to emulate the male bits, and wearing a chest wig and false tasche and beard etc. So I can more easily equally imagine now how awkward it would feel for most women being asked to accept their SO wearing breast forms. I am guessing though that on percentage (not necessarily the main majority of women), far more women than men would still be accepting with their SO, at least bregrudgingly anyway. It does sound selfish, but I guess I can't help how I feel just as much as anyone
    Gurlz they wanna have fu'hun. Oh gurlz just wanna have fu'hun x

Silver Member
    My answer is NO. Women come from varied cultures and backgrounds. Even those who are liberal could not be expected to universally men who wear women's clothing, Period! Bless those who do accept us. They are in the minority, fer sure.

I don't think it's any business of theirs what I do, much as it's none of my business what they think...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard