Thread: Mind over body??

Banned Read only

Mind over body??

Somewhat related to Claire's 'non HRT estogen levels', This is weird and im not looking to get beat up so I'm using that as an opener 😯

OK...I'm highly 'symptomatic' of being on HRT, so much so I went to a GP a few months ago and he took one look at me and immediately prescribed an endocrinologist.

She did some VERY in depth blood work and turns out...I'm completely normal (T levels are on the high side for my age even)....OK, but that doesn't explain why I look like I'm going through some kind of puberty but with a different ending (ya, softer skin, feminine fat redistribution, mamogram even showed signs of glandular tissue (not having had one ever before though, nothing to compare it to), hair growth on my head (ya, I used to look like Jason Statham)).

I find the topic a little awkward so I took the results at face value and didn't push for an explanation other than inquiting about the possibility I might be Mosaic Kleinfelters..."Oh no, you would be the size of a pea, you're not MK"

I don't have Cancer (at least as of 4.5 mo ago), I get tested thoroughly for that every 6 mo since having T cancer 😧

She suggested a phsycologist, seriously, can you 'wish' yourself femme (maybe Im just all 'sour grapes' ...no, thought about that too).

Could that be a thing...

Mind over body?

Robin, I've wondered the same myself - finally this afternoon i get to speak to the dr about my blood results that he has.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    I think it may be possible that a very strong inclination towards being feminine may contribute to your feminization. I'm sure that's always been a huge part of how I feel and look. I've been dressing up and feeling like a woman since I was 5. My body is far more feminine than masculine - lack of musculature, body hair, thin frame - and most of my actions are more like a woman's, as are my emotions.

Just my two cents, hope it helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

The best answer is no you can not. If that's the case I know quit a few of us would be full blown woman by now. Not taken any thing from u
    But to add on to reined if you go on a soy Diet U can during up your estrogen count. I had mine cheeked and it was At female levels. If I could have just got t down it was at 1100 ppm or something close. And if I need I can pose a pic of Results. Do I c a change In body not really. I am a good 38 b and it not fat.

Robin,
    Did they also check your estradiol levels? Unused T in the system can be converted to estradiol, via the aromatase enzyme, and produce ancillary effects similar to feminization. When my endo started me on my T shots last year, she mentioned that I should watch out for breast growth, weight gain, fat gains in the lower body, etc. She stated that if I started exhibiting any of these things, she could start me on an aromatase inhibitor to block the conversion process from happening.

Banned Read only
    Robin,
    I hope all the tests come out OK and don't show anything to worry about !

Your post does pose an interesting mind over matter question !
    Many of us can think of situations where we need to convince ourselves we can do something, I'm thinking more about a work situations but just walking out the door dressed takes some thought and courage !
    I guess if you continually do this the chemistry involved will be produced more often so being exposed to it has to affect the body in some way !
    To take this to the extreme, some people may feel they have transitioned in their mind because they have continually triggered the chemical signals, to the extent that physical changes begin to show.

Banned Read only
    Thanks for the replies ladies, really much appreciated ☺

@Lisa - great point! I'm familiar with that bio-chem pathway as well, my endo did check that (took so much blood for testing they gave me a cookie and orange juice afterward LOL 😂 )

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like one of those, "What if", threads, Robin.

However, it doesn't take much for some folk's sensitive systems to go haywire. After all, I never had one thot of trying on ladies things for over 50 years. Then, they put me on meds for my prostate and look where I am now!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    LOL Sherry, I should have figured something was up when the doc smiled and said "Oh, you're going to be just fine but you might want read this ☺ ' as she hands me a copy of Vogue magazine 😂

Ummm, ooookay 😯

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy J Angel View Post
    But to add on to reined if you go on a soy Diet U can during up your estrogen count. I had mine cheeked and it was At female levels.
    But if you read studies, you'll see that eating tofu or drinking soy milk does NOT alter body characteristics, unless you eat 10 times more than a normal person would eat, and even then, of the two extreme cases cited, one had no breast growth at all, the other had gynecomastia, and they both had erectile dysfunction.

I had a link to this study and it was deleted because we're not supposed to talk about herbal dosages. But it was referring strictly to tofu or soy milk (grocery products which are a huge staple in Asia) and not herbals. lol. Asian men do not have breasts. Anyway, if anyone is interested is seeing the study, please PM me.

As to elevated estrogen levels in aging men, you should read this:

http://www.seasonswellness.com/itsnotjustawomanthing/
    Reine

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The mind is a powerful thing so anything is possible to a degree.
    Growing boobs using your mind is far fetched but who knows?
    When I was deep into martial arts I was able to do some amazing things using mind over matter so much so I was amazed myself.
    You would be surprised trust me.
    I'm not a muscular person but thru breathing meditation and using my Chi ( inner energy of the mind) I was able to hold my arm out straight and had a 200 lb man hang off my arm for 60 secs and my arm never wavered,like he was hanging off a 2X4. At that time I might have weighed 140 lbs.
    I was able to do lay on a bed of nails and have my master break a cinder block on my abdomen with a sledge hammer.
    There were bruises on my abdomen after and poke marks on my back(none thru the skin) but using mind over matter there was no pain and that alone shows the mind can do amazing things.
    We did things like that at karate tournaments and demonstrations.
    Would I do that now? ummm I don't think so.LOL
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-19-2016 at 12:59 AM.