Thread: Travelling undressed, had to come to clean to TSA

Red face Travelling undressed, had to come to clean to TSA

So yesterday, I had to fly to warmer weather for a training for work, and, being active military, I was able to do the TSA Pre-check. So, I figured I would be able to underdress with no issues. Get to security with the bra, panties, and nylons. Walk through the metal detector, and agent says, you're good... Oh, wait a minute, you've been randomly selected for additional screening. Now, keep in mind, I purposely picked a bra with no metal, and front closure, so as not to set off the detector. I end up walking into the scanner where you have place your hands over your head, scanned, and walk out. "Some areas" popped up on the scanner, that would require the male agent to do a pat down. He gets to the closure and asks, "Do you have something there?" What to say, no? Not to cause too much issue or anything, I say, yes, a bra. Then he has to pat my buttocks. Of course, he had to go under my t-shirt, so I know he felt the panties, and the pantyhose. He clears me, and says, ok, you're free to go. The walk to get out of the area took A LOT longer than I wanted. I think tomorrow, when I fly back, I won't wear the bra until after security!!

Hmmmm... 'Oops' springs to mind...

I've heard they've seen it all just like in the ER hospital. TSA is just looking for the truth, any evasion makes them think you're hiding more.
    Tina

I just was not expecting the "random" check and then the pat down as I am in a DADT. Thankfully my DW was not on this trip with me.

Flew a couple of weeks ago and had breast forms in carry on they had to open suitcase and the box they were in and swap the outside of box for explosives. Put them in checked luggage on way back.

Don't get me going on the TSA!

I flew twice this week, got a pat down both times exiting the scanner. However the TSA must have been doing some training lately because the pat downs were very brief and not intrusive.

I had on everything you mentioned, but the screening went no further than a very brief yeah brush of the hand to basically confirm I feel your bra, see you are wearing hose, and makeup ..................you are free to go

I took this picture when I got home, I traveled in blendy mode today, left the breast forms in the checked bag

Another funny thing is traveling with outfits like this no one even bats an eye I found, go figure

DSCN5864Z.jpg
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

I've been tempted but haven't worn any more than panties and very light makeup when travelling via air. Rather not deal with the "whats that?" questions. Yea we can all complain about TSA and have had experiences. But we are talking about security and it is important so for me just best not to mess with it. Including not looking like my ID picture .
    My experience was getting yelled at for setting off the alarm due to a metal plate in my leg many years ago - the day after the event that led to the whole gels/liquids limitation. So they were on edge to start. He yelled at me to do this or that, in the noise of the crowd I didn't understand then he yelled when I didn't respond. oh well, I did make my flight.
    Samantha

I've had similar experiences when underdressed. I guess the body scanners pick up on a bra, so I just say "I'm wearing a bra" when the question comes up. Usually involved a mild patdown. I'm now TSA-prechek, and at least the airports I fly from don't use the full body scanner for pre-cheks, so no problems if I'm wearing a bra.

When I've flown dressed (pre-pre-chek), there's never been a question about my bra or forms, and when I've been patted down, it was by a female agent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

OH MY GOD how embarrassing I would have turned bright red and sh!t myself glad to hear you survived lol
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MelanieAnne View Post
    Don't get me going on the TSA!
    Yeah, the long version of f-wads comes to mind although a very nice screener in Las Vegas, after seeing the breast forms in the carry-on clearly on the x ray, politely commented, "What show do you work in, Honey?" Gotta love Vegas people!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Silver Member
    Sorry to hear about the unwanted surprise but it seems like under dressing before going through a TSA checkpoint will always have the risk that you will need to explain/reveal some intimate info. TSA is far from perfect but it is what we currently have.

Reality Check
    Underdressing for an airline flight might not be a good idea if you don't want to go through that.

On the other hand, if you're not embarrassed by it, there's no law against wearing a bra and panties.

I just heard on the news that someone was busted carrying several thousand dollars worth of drugs in bras.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Cook View Post
    I've had similar experiences when underdressed... I'm now TSA-prechek, and at least the airports I fly from don't use the full body scanner for pre-cheks, ...
    Even if you are using pre-check, there is a small chance that you will be asked to step into the body scanner. The metal detectors are programmed to randomly select people to check full-body.

You will likely never encounter that person again in your life. Why should you care about the opinion of a random stranger...(I am trying to convince myself)...

It's one of those things like walking up to the cash register in a store with the cute little panties or bra that we're going to buy. We're afraid of being asked any questions, or of the possibility that, oh my god, the salesclerk will somehow figure out our secret. But the fact is that, in nearly all cases, the sales clerk--or TSA officer--couldn't care less about these things. They have a job to do, and aren't interested in our crossdressing.

Banned Read only
    Given the number of travelers that go through a scanner everyday, I'm sure finding a man wearing bras, girdles, pantyhose, etc is not unusual. It becomes business as usual. I would conjecture TSA has a legitimate issue of inquiring about silicon breast forms. I've personally never encountered or seen unprofessional behavior with TSA employees. And, yes, I have seen some video newscasts of encounters over the years that appear to not have been handled appropriately.

Like others I've gone through with hose and panties on and only the breast forms in my carry on stop me. They chexk it out see what it is and I'm on my way. Will then often put on my bra and forms before boarding.

Silver Member
    Before 911 I used to fly a lot and wore bras all the time. Even with the projections I think I only got checked a few times. One time I was carrying on my makeup case and the TSA gal checked it out and looked at me and looked at the girls and then let me through. I saw her talking to one of the other TSA women and looking over at me. I just smiled.

Not long after 911 I had forms in my luggage and they left the slip they had checked my luggage. I could tell they had checked the forms. Did get checked once, the female agent asked if I would like a man to check and I said no you'd be more familiar with bras. She laughed did the usual hand between etc. No problem said she liked my blouse. Only flew a few times more before retirement.

I had a pat down this January because I couldn't use the scanner. Or rather "wouldn't." I have a pacemaker, and while I don't think the model I have installed would be bothered by it, (it's certified for MRI's) I don't fancy high doses of x-rays for no good reason. I was travelling in a skirt, full male mode otherwise. I have been wearing them full time for about a year, and I didn't see any reason to make myself more uncomfortable on the plane than I had to. Guy doing the pat down was way more embarrassed than I was. When he got to the area around my thighs, I made the comment "It's OK, I'm not wasn't going regimental" No big deal.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Banned Read only
    i remember the first time i had painted toe nail tips and i went thru the screening and they made me take off my shoes but gladly not my Socks. it was never discovered.
    i could not handle being outed back then but now it has happen so many times that my skin is thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeArel View Post
    Even if you are using pre-check, there is a small chance that you will be asked to step into the body scanner. The metal detectors are programmed to randomly select people to check full-body.
    Yes, Dee, that did happen to me once. For those of you who would be embarrassed by this sort of outing, I used to be too. Now I just take with maybe a sense of pride -- so what if others in line find out you're wearing a bra? If nothing else, they will know that we are out there. If we educate the public a bit, I think that's good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club