Thread: At the movies en femme!

At the movies en femme!

So after my chickening out episode a couple of days ago (if you didn't see my post on how I went out shopping and then chickened out and stayed in the car) I promised myself I'd go out tonight only my second time out and it was good . My GF and I went to the movies to zoolander 2 (not nearly as funny as the first one btw but anyway) of course I had the usual paranoia where I think everyone is looking at me and talking about me but I braved it and carried on as if I was doing nothing wrong even though it does feel like your out of place. I think that feeling is born in the mind fathered by social stigma and mothered by my own fears of rejection. But I got through and will go out again baby steps
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

Banned Read only
    and the world didn't end! Keep on going out and you will not feel "odd" but rather you will feel free.

The first time my wife and I went out together when I was dressed as a woman, we went to a movie at the mall.
    No problem, we walked in she bought the tickets we went in and watched the movie and left.
    We had a fantastic time, so she decided we should do it again, but this time we needed to go to the food court and then to the movie.
    So we got there and the movie was sold out so she decided that wouldn't be any problem.
    We could go and eat then go shopping until the movie started.
    I was not prepared for that, My heart was pounding so hard, I thought sure everyone in the place could hear it.
    In addition the clicking of my heels were so loud it nearly drove me to distraction.
    Fortunately I just had on 2 inch heels, because the mall felt as though it was at least 4 miles long.
    By the time we made it around the top floor I thought I was going to drown because I needed to use the restroom.
    And there was no way I was going to use the ladies room. Fortunately I found a family room that was empty or I would have been in trouble.
    As afraid as I was, I lived through the entire process. That was at least 30 years ago.
    It is definitely easier if you have an understanding spouse.
    Keep it up, it will get easier.
    Krysten

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    .......... but I braved it and carried on as if I was doing nothing wrong.............
    Therein is the key.
    You must have the frame of mind that you are no different than any other gal who is wearing what any gal wold wear ......and you are doing nothing out of the ordinary.

It you act like you are doing something "wrong" people wll suspect that you are somehow.
    Otherwise they will no give you second look.... provided you present reasonably feminine.. keeping in mind that being feminine does not mean to be beautiful.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 02-22-2016 at 09:41 PM.

You learn a bit each time. I recall going out as a teen back in the early 70s, again in the 80s and 90s (sometimes with a mustache - another lesson learned). Much easier these days it seems after having gained some presentation insights. However, I am always alone so precaution must always be among the first principles. When we chicken out might just be acute awareness and good judgement for that particular moment. Joni

Glad you had a good date with your GF

Reality Check
    I'm glad you made it out and enjoyed it. I suppose a movie theater is pretty safe but it's dark so people won't see you and if you get interested in the movie you'll forget that you are a "woman" so I don't really see the point. But if it works for you, that's great.

The cinema is a good choice for someone getting used to going out enfemme. Interactions with the muggles are kept to a minimum. There's usually a disabled/family toilet to fall back on if your nerves get the better of you and yep, while you spend a couple of hours in near darkness, it's time you can get used to being out dressed and let your nerves settle.

Using these little confidence builders is the way to go, baby steps. Other small interactions include drive through fast food, filling up with petrol, self serve and kiosk and buying something such as gum or sweets from a convenience store. Each helps to get used to being out and to enable you to get hold of your nerves.

Good luck in your next adventure.

Helen
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

All i can say, is that you are so fortunate, to have a girlfriend period, and one that will let you dress up, and even go out with you dressed, is extremely fortunate. some of us have never had a steady girlfriend, and especially one who tolerated crossdressing! Count your self a rare bird! I have to go to a movie all alone, if i ever go.

Congrats. My first time out was a few months ago with my wife to the movies. I loved how my shoes sparkled in the footlights on the way in.

Gwendolyn

I went to the movies for the first time about 6 months ago, alone. I was super nervous. The lobby had glaring lights and I was the only one alone and the tallest person around.

When I bought my popcorn, with many people around, I was identified as ma'am by the SA. That made me feel good. When I walked in to the theater, the lights were on and it seemed like 200 pairs of eyes were on me. Actually, nobody screamed or pointed.

I chose a seat next to three women who smiled at me when I sat down. That made me feel comfortable.

When I went to the ladies room, there were at least a thousand light bulbs in there, but I was alone, so no big deal.

We are our own worst enemies. The only person that even stared was a little boy with his parents as I exited the building and staggered in the bright light. He was probably afraid the amazon woman might fall on him.

To go with another woman would be sublime. Even so, it's a complete non issue and hope to do it again sometime.

Good for you, Nicole. I'm happy you have a GG for support and understanding.

My first time out to the movies. My tallest heels, and had to walk across the parking lot with my SO at my side, we walked past a cop that was there. Then into the theater we went and the ticket SA was nice and said have a good night ladies. Got popcorn and went in. No problems. Then we went to dinner after at a cracker barrel. It was quite an exciting evening. Also driving my large dodge Ram diesel with a skirt and heels. That was over year ago. Now we go about once or twice a month. It's a kick and fun.
    Part Time Girl

I too started out by going to the movies. Another good place is a museum, especially onenthat has a special exhibition. People are too busy with the dispalys to pay much attention to a CD. Museums are good places to build up confidence.

Reality Check
    Rather than the movies, my choice is shopping malls, city parks and the business or tourist section of a nearby city. In the daytime.

Of course this means dressing appropriately. No mini skirt, no six inch heels and low-key makeup. Walking around the tourist part of town allows me to take photos (of myself) and not look out of place. Just have some monument or place of interest in the background.

Sunglasses are OK if the sun is shining.

I saw "how to be single" earlier this week, with only 9 minutes to dress and make up, but it's a really fun chic flick and I highly recommend getting your girl on and seeing it.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Aspiring Member
    Your doing fine. We all have chickened out at one time or another. And the walls didn't come crashing down on your 2nd night out either. Like you said.baby steps. It will work out fine for you. Good luck on your future outings