Thread: A Special Fitting

A Special Fitting

Hi Girls,

I am so excited, as this monday I am to get a bra fitting. Some back ground is in order. I have been dressing and going out for a few years now but have never had the nerve to ask for a fitting before.

Two weeks ago I took my son out of town, so he could shop for his girl friend for Valentines day. Well you know how it is, I had to go shop also! At the department store I found some panties and a bra and went up to pay for them . Well one lady ran my card and another bagged my things and I took my treasures out to the car and put them in the trunk.

The next evening was the first opportunity to remove the bag from the trunk and when I got into my bedroom, I found a three ring notebook, with a long list of names and phone numbers for the bra fit clinic that had been going on at the store.

I called after work the the next day and explained to the manager of the department what had happened. She called me back so I would not run up a long distance bill and asked me to read her the names and numbers. I was happy to do this and she was very nice but I could not work up the courage to ask for a fitting and just told her I would return the book at my first opportunity.

Well I called her friday and explained I would be coming over on monday and would bring her the book. Then asked if I could put myself on the list. She was quiet for a couple of seconds and then replyed, yes if they were not busy when I came in she would do that for me. We talked about times and at 11:00 am monday morning I will get my fitting.

I am so excited am sure I won't be able to sleep sunday night. I have tryed things on in the stores and even in this store but this is the first time I will have help in the fitting room. (actually a young lady did tie up the back of a corset for me at a Fredricks once, but it wasn't the same thing, because she did not work with me and fit me) Any way I am a quivering mass of antisapation(sp?)

Hugs Krystal.
    What does not kill us only makes us stranger!!!

What Me Worry
    Good for you I hope you have a wonderful time.

I hope they aren't busy at that time.
    DonnaT

Good for you. Takes all the guesswork out of it. Hope you enjoy

Love

Helen xx

I had a fitting this past weekend in a store in Richmond, Virginia. I went dressed and I hope you do too. The fitter was very nice and very professional. She mentioned that she had spoken to many CD's but I was the first to actually show up. It may be that way with your store. She also mentioned that she had some men call and can be rather creepy (going into detail about what was going to be done and stuff like that.). I said that we CDs were a very diverse group. She said she knew and that every group had bad apples. (I was impressed with that!) What actually happened and I expect this will be your experence, is that she asked me what size I thought I was (42 D) and we started there. She wanted to know what style I wanted and she got a few to try on. I went to the changing room and tried one on and she came in and checked it. Of course it was not right. We went to a 42 DD, the correct size. She brought some in and left. Once I had one on, she came back in and checked it. She treated me just like I was the middle aged woman I appeared. Very professional and a great result! I now own a bra that fits correctly. It looks better and feels better. I also used the oppurtunity to do some outreach. She said she was impressed by my looks and demeanor. I complemented her for her professionalism. She said I didn't act any differently than any other woman shopping for a bra and she treated me that way. I had a blast and I hope you do too! Don't be surprised to pay around $50 for a good bra. Have fun!!!!

Hi Krystal,

Glad to hear you're going for a bra fitting. You'll love it girl.

I had my first bra fitting (as Alan) last October and i enjoyed every minute of it. I phoned the store manageress of my local lingerie store and asked if it was ok to be measured? Her response: "No problem at all and i'll open up the store about half an hour before we normally open so we can spend some time fitting you". Although i was initially a bit embarrassed when i tried on the first bra in the presence of the manageress, after that it just felt normal. The manageress wasn't complaining either as she got a £100 sale from me!

So Krystal, enjoy yourself hun and please let us know how it went please, ok?

Take care for now.

Sara xxxx

Follow Up

Ok Girls,

I had a wonderfull day!!! Yes I went dressed and had my fitting. Got there a few minutes ahead of time and just started looking around as the manager was busy. I found some panties to die for and then she came over and got her book and took me back to the fitting room.

Once we got back there she told me she wasen't supposted to have men back there but we should be fine. then she measured me and we went to look at the wares.(I liked looking with someone else with me) She recomended I try six different bras and what they would do for me. Ie... hold my forms in place better etc.

While in the fitting room I of course overheard the different ladies talking about their undies and bras. Nothing earth shaking but fun to listen to.

When it was safe to come out I turned two of the bras back but purchased four of them and six pair of panties. Good lingerie is so expensive! After I paid and was getting ready to leave the manager pointed out a special sale day comming up next month and said I should take advantage of it. I hope to.

Walked around the mall for awhile and went into Victorias Secret to look around, I know shocking huh, as I was headed out the door one of the gals came over and asked if I had seen anything and I replyed no not this time. Well she then said "I haven't seen you in for awhile" you could have knocked me down with a feather. I stick my nose in that store very regularly but never before in drag. Then she told me I looked very nice today. From that point on I was walking on clouds.

Stopped in another store away from the mall and found a sale going on. So added another nine pair of panties, two camisols, another bra, and a skirt and trowser socks to the booty of the day.

All in all, one of the best shopping trips I have had.

Am inspired now to go again, to another town, for a repeat but will have to save up some before I can splurge like that again.

Hope you all get to have a fitting if you haven't had one yet.

Hugs Krystal.
    What does not kill us only makes us stranger!!!

Krystal,
    Thanks for sharing. What an experience! To be treated as a fellow woman. You must of been in women heaven!!
    I always wondered what it would be like doing a bra fitting! Thanks for letting me get an idea. I was wondering if forms made much difference to "fit"? (they don't sag, bounce, too perfect shaped, ftoo irm, loose on the body, etc). Isnt it amazing how many women wear the wrong bra type/size! Something they wear everyday and a large part of women's appearance and they endure slipping staps, odd shapped cups/cones and cutting sides!
    It costs doesnt it! You can drop a few hundred in a minute. Key is NOT to get the wrong size.
    Victoria Secret Gal asking: As nice as those sweet salesgirls are in: the cosmetic booths, dress counters, Victoria Secret, shoe stores - they talk amongst themselves! (What else to do when sales are slow?). Thats fine - more I love to approach them.
    Thanks Krystal.
    Love,
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith
    We went to a 42 DD, the correct size.
    DD??? OMG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KathrynW
    DD??? OMG!!!

Same size I wear, though I've never been professionally fitted. I love big breasts, even on me.

Quote Originally Posted by KathrynW
    DD??? OMG!!!
    Yeah, I have really broad shoulders and I needed to be balanced. I'm thinking about going to either a D or a C however.