Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you are not TG why do you cross dress?

HI, I guess I am both , as I like dressing as a women, more then a man. I live about 75% of the time as a women now , as my wife loves me more as a women then a man. My wife has said to me she has the best of both worlds, a girl friend to talk too and a man that can due anything she needs around the house. We have been together for 10 yrs an married 2 an we go ever were as sisters an to all the different events as husband an wife. I would say our life is really balanced. I will be 75 in April what man that is a T S or a CD could ask for much more. Jo

Non-binary/Questioning
    I don't think I'm TS at the moment but I'm still on that journey of discovery. Right now I consider myself non-binary but still mostly male (maybe 80:20). I've been dressing for about a year now (I'm just over 50) and will go through periods where I dress at home constantly for a couple of weeks at a time, then stop for a few weeks before resuming. I don't really get a rush or a sexual thrill from it - I just enjoy the feeling of the clothes because they're comfortable and make me feel a bit more feminine. Sadly, I don't look it. I wish I felt relaxed enough to go out and shop for clothes in public.

For me, the crossdressing is an off-shoot of wanting to experience life with breasts. Don't ask why, I don't know. I've always been fascinated by breasts. Like now. Working from home, today, with the DDDs strapped on, wearing a mini-dress, black tights, & Kim Kardashian knee-high boots. I lost a lot of my dressing time when the wife stopped working on Saturdays so I take whatever opportunity I can get. That being said, I did go out this morning to get my coffee at the drive-thru wearing the same outfit sans the "girls".

Quote Originally Posted by Salerba View Post
    Absolutely. As I do not try do disguise as a woman, it's the pleasure of the clothes, and the comfort they provide compels me to do it.

-----------------

And I do not have to cover my facial hair, as you do.
    I know I'm considered a pariah here, but it's OK with me, and I love you all nevertheless.
    I don't think we are considered pariahs, though I do get the feeling, at least in my case, that we are misunderstood.

From your avatar, we dress in similar fashion. My skirt choices are a little plainer, though I was wearing something very similar to your avatar yesterday. The main difference is I wear my skirts full time, even at work. To me, it is important that the look is "believable" Not believable as in passing, but the whole image doesn't look too jarring as a male. My early style was often overlooked, and it was frequently assumed I was wearing shorts. When I started putting on opaque hosiery over the Winter it got more attention, and these days the skirts are quite a bit more obvious. Lately, I have been upping the visibility with patterned hosiery. I mention this because it is part of the reason for doing it. I want the ability to "display" in the same way that women do. I want to be the peacock. I am proud of my body, particularly my legs and see no reason not to show them off. Then there is the sensuality of the feeling of the clothes. The delightful way stockings feel on your legs, even the simple fact of the support they give when on your feet all day. The way that a skirt moves against you, and so many different ways that can feel! Pants just feel more or less constricting. The cooler, fresher environment for your nether regions.

Now some of this behaviour is described technically as TG, because I am taking on some of the gender display of a woman, but my issue is that who decides what belongs to which gender? The answer to that is social norms. As I don't think of myself as TG or a crossdresser, I just do my part to change the norms in my little part of the world.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Undresser,
    So the only "women's clothes" you wear is a skirt and pantyhose? If so, what kind of shoes do you wear with this outfit? What kind of skirt and skirt length? What kind of comments have you received? I saw a fella the other day where a knee length denim skirt with a polo shirt and running shoes? No one said a thing nor stared.
    Tina

Banned Read only
    I've said numerous times on this forum I have absolutely no idea as to "Why" I wear women's clothing. It's all conjecture. I know "What" wearing women's clothing does for me. Yes, I love the feel of the fabrics and the colors and the styles. I watch "Wheel of Fortune" primarily for the game, but, the allure of Vanna White and her pretty gowns/dresses grabs my attention. It is the same with "The Today Show" and all the pretty dresses. And, I throw in the weather girls on my basic channels (CBS, NBC, ABC), who seem to like to wear form fitting dresses. So, I love to emulate them as much as I can.

There may be some inner self that dictated a long time ago, "If you're going to wear women's clothing, then you have to look like a woman!" So, it's a wig because my hair is not there anymore. And, most women are not flat chested, so it's a bra. It just seems natural to add the wig and boobs to make it complete.

I also wear women's clothing to escape some stresses I experience attired as a male. It is my "self therapy." Buying women's clothing is cheaper than paying a therapist, and, in the end there is a closet full of beautiful dresses and undergarments.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Katelyn~ View Post
    I dress cuase it just feels good and I like the way I look when I look in the mirror.
    Goes for me too!!

Hi, I read the blog of Susan Miller, and she seemed to capture it for me. Some people like watching football to relax and enjoy. Some like eating chocolate. Given that there are 3 billion men here in this world, it is conceivable that there is an endless tapestry of hobbies, and this just might be one of them. Also, take for example someone who travels to Paris. You might live in San Francisco, New York, or Chicago. Anyone can make an argument that these cities are just as beautiful or exciting; but you still will want to go to Paris. Why? One reason is that it is a different world and exciting. For me, I can visit a different world a few times a month. I really enjoy this. To be honest, I really do not feel feminine, or that this is my true self. I really enjoy being a man. In fact I feel that if I had been born a woman, then this source of adventure would not exist for me. The visit to the different world is the lure.

I, like you, dress for the look and feel of the clothes.

I really have no idea why i love to dress, and why that feeling would come and go over the years, but when i do dress it is important to me to look like a woman. only recently in my life (57 years) have i come to embrace this part of me. I may not have dressed all my life and went through the normal things stop start no desire etc...but it is funny it was always in my mind. I can say this if i was born a woman i would have loved it, i would never transistion, as it is just not me and the effects on family friends and life would have been to much. So if i am just a CD or TG who never went further i dont know. I do know dressing feels wonderful, i love every part of it and relaxes me like nothing. ( well the pool bar at our favorite Cabo resort is right up there to)

Stephanie I so identify with what you just said, as well as what many of the rest of you have shared. When I dress as a woman I want to be, as close as possible, my vision of the ideal woman, otherwise I feel that I am mocking what it is to be a woman, the very thing, I love and idealize.
    Last edited by rachelatshop; 03-02-2016 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina81 View Post
    Undresser,
    So the only "women's clothes" you wear is a skirt and pantyhose? If so, what kind of shoes do you wear with this outfit? What kind of skirt and skirt length? What kind of comments have you received? I saw a fella the other day where a knee length denim skirt with a polo shirt and running shoes? No one said a thing nor stared.
    Yes, just skirts and stockings, stay ups or pantyhose/tights. I wear men's shoes, though I have bought, and need to go pick up, some boots. These ones. http://ca.longtallsally.com/p/tall/c...K167#16K167BLA
    Had a heck of a time finding good looking ones in my size. Have bought some dresses for experimentation, but it's much harder to make those work from my point of view. Sizes are much harder, because my top half is about 2 sizes bigger than the bottom, in dress terms, and they usually have features that are designed to make the most of boobs or cleavage. Skirts are usually around knee length, give or take, though one day in the cold weather, wore a pair of windproof pants for the commute, but mistakenly took a mini to change into. OOps! Not that mini, but about 3 inches shorter than the one I meant to be wearing. Comments, very few, essentially no negative ones at work. Couple of puzzled or confused ones. Lots of positive ones, mostly from ladies, sometimes telling me about their husbands who wear skirts at home. Typically get a comment about once every 2 weeks or so. Really expected more questions and maybe more disapproval. There maybe more negative comments and disapproval that I'm not getting to hear. It's been about 10 months now. Really hope it keeps on like this, would be hard to go back to pants.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

mmmm, nice question. It's the right kind of 'why'.

I love the process, the fantasy, the yumminess of dressing my dream girl just they way i want her, knowing she is feeling hot and wanted, and being her, dressing for her dream man while she tucks and hides him away. The erotic guilt, the frisson of maybe being caught, the rightness and the 'wrong'ness of it. Surrendering to the addiction of it like a functional alcoholic. The delight of finding the right shoes, the right corset and tight skirt that combine to make moving like a woman natural and inevitable. The feel on the skin, the way my body is growing into it. The virtual reality of it. Being surprised at the depth of my wants and the want for those depths. It also means my wife/lover does not need to be my dream-girl, that is my job.

kisses