Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should they think?

What should they think?

It's no secret that many people make snap judgements about people based on their appearance. If someone were to see you walking down the street while crossdressing, what would you want them to think about you? Or what would you like them to know?

For me, I would want them to know I'm a really nice person who cares deeply for their friends and family. Maybe if they saw the person inside the clothes first, the clothes wouldn't be nearly so important.
    You may call me Adam, Adyson, or Ady, whichever you prefer.

I am unapologetically me. You can accept me or reject me, but you're never going to change me.

What I want them to think ?

"OMG, This guy has balls !!"
    Last edited by Nine; 03-03-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Banned Read only
    Why should I care what they think? I can't hear their thoughts.

Banned Read only
    Saikotsa,
    Most of the time I feel that anyway but more so when dressed, people will always judge a book by it's cover it's natural instinct for our fight or flight reactions ! luckily we can communicate to show people we are harmless and caring and mostly people do accept that but not all. Even as CDers we do the same how many times have you seen posts claiming to have seen another CDer but were unsure whether to approach them or not .

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Ady,

From a CD perspective, all I want is to be ignored on the street, in the same way I am as male me. I don't care what people think about me personally, but their actions can impact upon us.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    This is so true clothes don't make the man or women it's what's inside that's most important.
    I know that's why when I'm out enfem I just try and be as normal and nice as I can be

From a CD perspective, all I want is to be ignored on the street, in the same way I am as male me.

This too is my goal. If they some how figure out I am a CD, I don't care at all what they think. Frankly, how I dress is no one's business but my own.

I really don't care what people think as long as they treat me as I would like to treat them. Some day maybe it will be accepted that a man can go out in a dress and some makeup (if they want) and be treated normally.
    However I feel more comfortable (at this time) to go all out, hair, breasts and try to pass somewhat as a woman. Whether I fool anyone I don't know but at least maybe I get a second guess.

I would want anyone who saw me to say to themselves that they just saw a really classy professional woman.

Very good replies. Teresa, very true about human nature, even ourselves.

I would want them to not think anything about me, just keep going about their day and I'll go about mine.
    Two Spirits

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Good luck.
    First and foremost you’d want them to think that you’re non-threatening.
    Second would be a nice-looking, clean and an up-to-date stylish woman who dresses her age, about the same for 99% of the women out-and-about.
    And, last but certainty not least, is a person who is aware of her surroundings, just as are the people who are looking at you are.
    That’s it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's none of my business what passerbys r thinking. And besides, whatever I imagined they're thinking I'd be wrong most of the time.

I'm much more interested in those I speak with. Because then I can ASK THEM what they think! If I find them interesting or compassionate enuff that I care to know!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I once walked by a greengrocer setting up outside his shop, when I got a "morning Luv" that made my day.

Certainly I mean no offense to anyone here, but it does ring a little hollow to say you just don't care. I am not calling anyone a liar or a faker, etc. It just seems that it is basic to human nature to be somewhat aware of those around us, even in what they may be thinking. Consider a sociopath, someone without the capacity to consiously care about what others think. If they be a crossdresser, then they don't "need" this site or anything else, they will just put on the dress and go. But we are here, we do care, so even if we come to terms with not really caring (deeply) what others think, we can't shut off our awareness.
    It seems to answer the OP it would be to wish that people would not assume we are perverted or flawed in some mental way, to not cross the street when they see "US" coming. It would be nice to be less ignored as accepted. The journey continues...

One of the reasons I do not go out in public..... because if I was dressed in public, I wouldn't want anyone to think anything at all. They would just see a woman passing by.

wow that person is happy

Reality Check
    What would I want them to think? I would want them to think that a woman just walked by. Nothing more, nothing less.

in my ideal world, trans awareness grows the same as LG, and no-one thinks anything, cos it's "just clothes"; maybe they admire my fashion sense?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Quote Originally Posted by CherylFlint View Post
    ...nice-looking, clean and an up-to-date stylish woman who dresses her age, about the same for 99% of the women out-and-about.
    Well said.

Taking this a half step further, I've always said that I expect to be perceived as trans when I am out and about. Face it, we are unique and more often than not will attract some attention, whether at first or second glance (or beyond if one is quite lucky). When out & about, I want those who see me for who I am to think "wow, she can really pull this off". Of course, if they aren't wearing their glasses, I'll gladly take "nice-looking, clean and an up-to-date stylish woman who dresses her age, about the same for 99% of the women out-and-about" .
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I would hope they would see how free and comfortable I was. Just like every other person on the street, hopefully
    -Shelby

Absolutely nothing, I would hope that I was blending and presenting well enough so as to draw no unwanted attention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

He is a pretty girl for being a guy
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I want them to think, "It's just not fair that he looks so hot in that dress!"
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

i want them to say she looks happy and that is all that matters,,,
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.