Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypnosis

Hypnosis

Hi not posted for a while has any one tryed hypnosis to quit dressing I've been trying to quit for a long time but lately it's all I can think about and seems to be getting worse thanks

Hi Hooter,
    Hypnosis will only work with what a person really wants to do in their unconscious; sounds like your urges are stronger than that. I'd not confuse an addiction with CD.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Reality Check
    Has anybody tried willpower to quit dressing? Wearing women's clothing is something that's entirely within your control.

You have a choice; Put on panties or put on briefs. Put on a bra or put on a tee shirt. Put on a blouse or put on a shirt, etc.

If you really want to quit, you can quit. If you don't really want to quit, you will fail.

BTW: The people who have quit dressing don't come back here to post about crossdressing so don't let anybody fool you into thinking it can't be done.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Has anybody tried willpower to quit dressing? Wearing women's clothing is something that's entirely within your control.

You have a choice; Put on panties or put on briefs. Put on a bra or put on a tee shirt. Put on a blouse or put on a shirt, etc.
    Anecdotal only, but I've tried and failed. The longest I went was 15 years. Since then I've gone a few months at a time without even putting on a pair of panties. But eventually the urge comes back, and unless acted upon, becomes hugely frustrating.

As for hypnosis, my therapist suggested it. I didn't try it, I shied away from it.

I can't say whether it is an addiction or not, but I can say it becomes a compulsion. That's why I have some issue with dressing representing our "freedom". When something becomes compulsive, we become a prisoner of it and acting on it, rather than representing "freedom", further enslaves us to our compulsion. That's not freedom, that's a prison. I know I tend to be compulsive by nature when something catches my fancy. It could be something like dressing, or something as inane as a new breakfast cereal that I must have and go crazy if the store runs out.

Quitting dressing is like quitting smoking or drinking. It all depends on how badly you want to quit. It's called will-power.
    Jon

Those who say you can quit if you want to - it just takes will power - are leaving something out: quitting at what cost emotionally, psychologically, even physically? Without such considerations, it's a one-sided discussion.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Hooter- why not tell us more about your situation, your experiences, your fears, hopes- let us help you explore your reasons both for wanting to crossdress and wanting to quit. Perhaps we can help?

Has anybody tried willpower to quit dressing?
    Come to that, has anybody tried to quit getting hurt just because other people are mean to them?
    Last edited by Nikkilovesdresses; 03-03-2016 at 11:31 AM.
    I used to have a short attention spa

If you really want to quit, you can quit. If you don't really want to quit, you will fail.

BTW: The people who have quit dressing don't come back here to post about crossdressing so don't let anybody fool you into thinking it can't be done.
    Yeah, I think that would be about as successful as gay conversion therapy
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

CD from ME

Hypnosis

WARNING! BUT.......

You know I was thinking about how I was going to get some income coming in, with my income being cut
    soon. Maybe I will see if the government will give me a grant for that. They give grants for everything else
    under the sun, why not that. Now that is a study I personally would be interested in. Both Hypnotherapy and
    attempting to quit.

Jmo2
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-03-2016 at 05:00 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours

Hi thanks for replying I'm 32 I'm marred with two children I've been dressing on and off since the age of 12 in the closet told my wife about two years ago I played it down witch I know now was a bad idea she was at first surportive but now she hates it and it dose cause problems she hasn't seen me dressed and doesn't want to have any thing to do with it and that's ok but she would like me to quit I only dress about once every couple of months the problem is I think about it every Minite of every day. every woman I see I'm looking at there cloths and shape wishing it was me pictures books internet I've been looking at hormones sex changes I think it's turning into a obsession I can't think about entering else and I don't know how to stop or if I want to but I love my wife and kids so much and will lose so much of my life if I carry on I'm so confused my head is spinning sorry it's a bit long

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

It's a shame u can't buy anti dressing patches like for smokeing

Hi Hooter
    As far as I see it, CD'ers have an inbuilt desire and need to cross dress to some extent, be it fully, all of the time or just a little now and then. We are all different and I believe you have to do what your body wants or you become stressed and frustrated. For my part I can go a couple of weeks without too much problem. I came out to my wife last year, she understands to an extent, and knows what I go through if I can't dress.

I have been dressing for over 50 years and have come to understand what I need to do to stop getting stressed, Little and often suits me, you have to adapt your routine to match your desire to dress. I slip on a nightie for an hour or so in the morning, under dress, with bra and panties when I can and dress more fully when I can.

Good Luck
    Jennie x

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I agree actually. I think most people can control the physical action of doing it or not. But what they can't always control is the desire to do it.

Which is a great question. Why does the desire not go away? Why is it that some can go 10-20 years with no dressing at all, and then just hop right back into it?

That is an assumption you are making.
    Last edited by Nadine Spirit; 03-03-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Aspiring Member
    I quit smoking.
    I quit drinking.
    I'm going to quit quitting.

It's after a therapy of hypnosis that I stopped smoking, it's also after this therapy that I start CD. !!!

Aspiring Member
    Maybe crossdressing does have some element of addiction to it. If we are to be scrupulously honest about it, dressing feels good. Whether one does it for sexual kicks, or not (which is my case), it just feels good. For me, it is a sensual feeling; the swish of sheer fabrics, the comfort of panties, the feeling if being hugged by a bra, the sensation of pantyhose on our legs, seeing my feet in heels, and I could go on... it just feels good. When we become addicted to a drug or alcohol, it takes greater and greater quantities to satisfy as the addiction grows. Who here has started with panties and had her CDing grow to the whole nine yards: makeup, dresses, shaving, etc.? Well that certainly was me. And now I want to dress more and more, and I can't at will due to family concerns. And I think more and more about HRT, SRS... but I wonder: if I went that far would I still be satisfied? Or would there still be a big empty hole to fill? And after SRS, where can we go from there?

At some point I absolutely MUST step back from all of this before it eats me from inside. I can manage a few months but I get frustrated. When I went 15 years without my wife says I was impossible to live with (she's still around BTW...and that's a testament to her patience not to me). Willpower alone is usually inadequate to overcome an addiction or an obsession.

Believe me this is not fun. I hadn't dressed in a few weeks (gave it up for Lent) but yesterday needed relief, and did dress. When I looked in the mirror, I saw a freak. A 50-something man in a dress and lipstick. Not a hope in hell of passing. No sirree, I am NOT having fun with this. Maybe I should try hypnosis. The one thing that works somewhat for me, to take the edge off the frustration, is vigorous exercise. The problem is that I can see clearly what CDing is doing to me... but I can't do anything, from my own will to stop it.

Silver Member
    Even though I tried many times, I was unable to crossdress until I tried hypnosis. Fortunately, it was successful.

I sure rather stay just the way I am and enjoy life the way I was meant too. I have the best of both worlds. My spouse agrees

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hooter View Post
    ...has any one tryed hypnosis to quit dressing...
    Tried it once, but I was arrested shortly after for walking naked on the street. The upside though is I was only charged for decent exposure....(wannabe pub comedienne).

Living a DADT lifestyle isn't going to help and you seem to be sinking in a mire of troubles. It's not so much quitting, but getting help to come to terms with this element of yourself. I think this chose me and not the other way round, so I can't give it up. I'm lucky in that my wife accepts and I can take what life throws at me and deal with it as best I can, but I personally love this side of me, so I won't be seeking any help.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

In terms of stopping, I tried sports, hobbies, fast cars, family, religion, alcohol, and denial, and none of that worked. At the age of 52 I finally took a hard look in the mirror and admitted to myself that I am transgender. Things got better after I came to terms with myself. Fortunately my wife accepts me for who and what I am.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

I see that most all on here have wives or a SO, to communicate with, or keep secret from, about his thing we do. I have the opposite , in that i have never had a wife or So, BUT, I have mentioned this thing i do, to many women i befriended, and NONE of them accepts a man who likes to wear clothes that pertain to women. I have made some efforts to do it less, but do get temperamental, and cross. Other times, get cross, at myself for being a crossdresser, because women are NOT looking for effeminate weak men. Part of me is blue collar, work and get dirty guy. I have bipolar, and depression bad, too. I wish there was a magic pill around. But, i need to control this compulsion, and not let it totally take over my life. It is on my mind most of the time, too. Hooter, don't beat thyself of much over this thing. You are noble in putting your wife and children over this compulsion, and you are doing the best you can, under a difficult , little understood condition. if you can afford it, maybe a good therapist could assist you. I see one, but she is not very helpful.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 03-04-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Has anybody tried willpower to quit dressing?
    Yes, but it ultimately comes down to this: When I'm not in a relationship, I can still maintain not dressing up. But it comes at a price, and I have to make the decision on whether or not I want to pay it. A certain amount of, for lack of a simpler description, 'cpu cycles' involved with suppressing the desire to crossdress. Whether we're consciously aware of it or not, the mind can be busy as hell working behind the scenes taking care of things. Going for longer periods of time while under stress slowly increases that amount of stress, requiring more and more work being done in the background. What winds up happening to me is I become short tempered, more easily distracted, and forgetful. So sure, I can stop crossdressing anytime I want, if I wish to become a nasty, depressed, airheaded asshole, who has trouble sleeping. So I choose to dress up whenever I feel like it. It's basically like choosing the lesser of the evils in my life. Like which buttheads to vote for in the next elections.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Save your money.

This is a rather complex topic.
    It is might well be natural for some men to develop a certain curiosity about female attire, about how it might to wear such clothing. Some of these men might even try dressing up in female attire to get an idea of what it is like. They might even get to like it, just as they like any other style. They might start to have qualms about dressing in female attire or feel some kind of social pressure and decide to quit. With enough willpower this should not be all that difficult. These people are not true CDs, however.
    First of all, to get down to real basics, clothing is a means of expressing one’s personality. Some people like bright flashy colors and a flamboyant style of dressing. Others go the opposite direction and dress in a very conservative style with more somber colors. This would hold true for both males and females. Clothing style and one’s inborn personality are connected. People dress according to what suits their innate personality, the one they are born with.
    Some styles are generally accepted as being geared towards females and some towards men. In general, women prefer certain colors like soft pink, and also like frills and lacey type clothing. They like clothing in which they feel comfortable. They tend to like a light, somewhat flimsy type of clothing. I’ve heard that the female body contains a higher water content than the male body, about 5%, causing them to feel the heat more, hence they prefer lighter clothing.
    Most women would feel very uncomfortable in heavy very male style clothing such as that worn by a lumberjack in a northern climate, just for example. They would perhaps even be really turned off by the dark, harsh colors along with the heavy socks and boots. Clothing worn by outdoor construction workers in a cold climate would be another example. Of course there might be exceptions. I have seen pictures of female railroad workers dressed in the heavy clothing of that occupation. I wonder what they wear after work, however….
    Males tend to prefer darker colors and a more severe look. Just as most women would feel uncomfortable in very typical male attire, most men would feel uncomfortable in very typically female attire. It’s not just cultural, but instinctive. As I noted, this might also be to some extent related to the differences in the male and female physic.
    A CD would seem to have inherited the same instincts and maybe even some of the physical characteristics of females. His tastes are naturally inclined to female tastes. Just as a female would feel uncomfortable in very male oriented attire, so would a CD. He is driven to don female attire for the same reason that females are. It’s part of his inborn personality or instincts. Also, since a CD also has a strong female aspect in him, he needs express this part of his personality and hence dresses accordingly.
    This type of CD could not stop dressing through willpower. As NicoleScott put it:
    “Those who say you can quit if you want to - it just takes will power - are leaving something out: quitting at what cost emotionally, psychologically, even physically?” Right on. One question along these lines would be whether a gay person could quit through willpower? At what cost?

As far as therapy is concerned, as ChelseaB put it:
    “Yeah, I think that would be about as successful as gay conversion therapy.”
    Reverse this. Could a straight person be converted to a gay person through therapy?

A real CD can only be happy if he learns to accept this aspect of his personality, comes to terms with it, so to speak and acts accordingly. Judging by the postings in this forum, this seems to be a real truism.

Hi I can quit dressing on the outside them my brain seems to go in to cd overdrive I think I will try a therapist first I tryed before but had one session and the appointments were so far apart due to demand I ghess that it dident help much if I stay on this path I will lose my whole life.family friends job everything so is it better to live life in a shadow wanting more to please everyone or lose my life and still be unhappy and lonely it's a no brainier decision in theory thanks for the replying

I have tried hypnosis for unrelated issues. My brain just couldn't relax enough to make it work.

Not all of us are candidates for it. I'm not throwing shade on anyone, my mind is just too alert, all the time. Then again, I'm an Aspie. It messes with my sleeping all the time, because my mind is just too awake. Every sound triggers. It isn't all unicorn poop and rainbow splat. Sometimes it really interferes with like, life.

<3

Kitty / Moose
    Last edited by mechamoose; 03-04-2016 at 05:41 AM.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder