Thread: Out in the woods

Out in the woods

This weekend I decided to go out to the local wood for walk en femme, I have not done this since I was kid.
    Early morning I left the house, underdressed as I often do and drove to my local woods. Once there I changed into
    a dress and heels put on my wig and announced to the world here I am this is me. Of course there was nobody around
    but the sentiment was true.
    I walked for a while feeling so free and at ease, although I was so cold as I have no top coat in my girly wardrobe but as I
    turned to walk back to the car I came across an elderly couple walking their dogs. They were on an adjacent path that was a
    little higher than were I was. I felt shock at first thinking have they seen me or just a woman walking in the wood, the lady
    gave me a wave. This made me feel so good but I could not push my luck and I hurried back to the car got back into drab
    and drove home.

Tracy, Heels are not the sort of shoes that you would wear shall we say"off road". I would have said that flats are more in keeping especially if the ground is rather muddy, or even some ankle boots.

An outdoor coat would be a great help with the weather that we have had and are having. Then at least you would blend into the background so to speak. Plus, a bag on your shoulder and you could be out for hours with no problem. Enjoy.

Julie.

no make up? what kind of heels? 2,3 or 4" pumps? I've done something similar. I was out very early in the morning and slipped on my 4" pumps and walked on the sidewalk. It's a lot harder and different when walking around the house. I noticed I had to take much shorter strides and to slow down my pace! All in all, it felt great and i love the sound of heels on concrete.
    Tina

Banned Read only
    Julie,
    Your comments are very true, sensible footwear and an acceptable coat. I was surprised how difficult it is to achieve in the winter months, admittedly I have only been searching charity shops but finding the right coat has proved more difficult than I thought. I am kicking myself now because I was to try on some brown leather boots in a charity shop because they were uncertain what size they were, they fitted me perfectly but being flat I felt they looked too much like wellington boots, two days later I changed my mind be when I returned to buy them they had been sold !

Tracy, it is good to be out walking like that, having a dog helps , I have been caught out a few times but the World didn't end I just had some fun with the people involved.

Heels? Hiking? In the woods?
    You have my utmost respect as you are one brave lady! I have been on a late Autumn hike at a lake that has wonderful trails but is seldom used at certain times of the year. I was looking very girly in the hike,but had on great hiking boots to get me along the trail with no issues. It truly was an interesting, if not strange look, but it got the job done! Lol..!

Dog walkers are the greatest danger to anyone who wants to go out and about in quiet locations such as parks and woodlands. They appear out of nowhere and of course their mutt then wants to be your best friend so the owners now want to say sorry, don't worry he doesn't bite ( just puts his muddy great paws all over your good skirt/dress).

Yep I'd have to agree that flat boots, thick tights and a sensible skirt (denim?), a warm top and rain coat/waterproof jacket is the way to blend in those sorts of locations. Heels will get you noticed.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Thanks for sharing your story. This is something I am going to do in the coming weeks, as well. I took a walk a few months ago and felt the freedom you described. It was wonderful.
    Di

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Julie,

You can't go out without your girlie coat. Shop those sales for a nice coat or even good old Ebay for a bargain. I got an epic coat from Wallis on Ebay for only a few quid. I'd have to be up at 5 in the morning to do an early walk, as I can't go out unless made up to the nines. This is of course the slippery path to constantly wanting to do it again, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Dog walkers are the greatest danger to anyone who wants to go out and about in quiet locations such as parks and woodlands. They appear out of nowhere and of course their mutt then wants to be your best friend so the owners now want to say sorry, don't worry he doesn't bite ( just puts his muddy great paws all over your good skirt/dress)...
    This made me laugh. Never had it happen en femme, but so bloody true when you're out and about.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I walk in the woods a lot. That said, I only wore heels a couple times. First, the heels tend to sink into the dirt or sand. Second, most womens shoes are glued, not sown. And when they get even a little wet or damp, they just come apart. I lost a favorite pair of ankle strap heels when the soles just came off after I walked on some slightly mushy ground in the early spring. But come summer, my favorite outfit is just a thong, little sundress and sandals. Can't wait.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Dress for the venue, heels and the woods is a fashion mistake LOL
    Glad you had a good first outing tho'.

During my teens, the forested area just opposite my flat was one of my favourite haunt where I can changed into my woman clothing, then spend an hour or so there. It all went well till I was caught in en femme in an ambush that eventually led to a miserable period of about 3 years. After that incident, I never dare to walk near or through any forested area.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I'm sorry, but you lost me when you said that you wanted to go for a walk in the woods, by yourself, en femme.
    I suggest you pay attention to staying safe. Many of us older CD's are older because we pay attention.
    I suggest you do the same.
    Having said that, there's no limit to the enjoyment and fun you can have dressed in public, as long as you stay safe.
    Walking in the woods alone isn't using your brain.

Banned Read only
    I love hanging out in parks myself but those damn dog walkers can be a pain. A walk in the woods would be fun but getting clocked as a femme sasquatch kinda freaks me out so I tend to avoid it (alergic to tranq darts, they make me break out 😯 )

Hell-o Tracy

I can totally understand the desire to just get out , ANYWHERE!
    And a maintained forest trail is totally doable with the proper heel!
    Spiked heels? Maybe not! But something with a larger heel is totally doable!
    Granted not the best attire for a hiking path, regardless of heel type, but hey!
    No rules! RIGHT?
    And then again.... There is a heel, and outfit for every occasion!
    Try something like this next time out. (Talk about "blending")
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I would have to totally agree with Cheryl!

Silver Member
    A fantasy walk in the woods.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I loved Kristyn's (Hell on Heels) post . You're not taking this seriously are you? I can tell.
    Epic camo heels and dress though.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    A fantasy walk in the woods.
    Holy smokes!!!!! LOVE THEM THERE BOOTS BUT REALLY; WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO RISK BREAKING A HEEL?????? BTW, I LOVE EM'!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Reality Check
    If you want to walk in the woods as a female, you should really dress as a female would. No woman in her right mind hikes in the woods in heels. Few would wear a skirt and blouse or a dress. Few would wear a lot of makeup.

Think about it.

Silver Member
    Tracy - It seems like you wanted an isolated place to walk freely in your dress and heels. As most have pointed out, a walk alone in the woods, in heels and a dress is risky. There are many better alternatives which are safer, like a drive en femme in your car. You can stop in safe areas, get out of your car, and have the same feelings of freedom and joy, and drive safely away at your own discretion.

Always have your phone, always be aware of your surrounding environment no matter where you are. Be safe and have fun.