Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just curious, what if you came out?

Banned Read only

Just curious, what if you came out?

If you were to come out as CD or TG to people you know well but still deep in the closet to (at work for example), would they say something like 'I totally KNEW it 😀 '

I'm thinking I might be in that 'I KNEW it 😀 ' boat?

Mandy Faye
    At work ... They would be blown away and it would cause huge problems ! ( I work hard at being very non-fem around job) ... Away from work ... I think I would fall in the " I knew it " category .
    Mandy Faye

Platinum Member

They Just Didn't Know Me As Well As they Thought They Did !

Hi Robin. Last year when I got my ears pierced so many friends including a lot of the people that I worked with for years
    said that I was the LAST person that they thought would ever get their ears pierced.

I guess that people just didn't know me as well as they thought they did ! ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

[Silly anecdote withdrawn as it seems to have offended.]
    Last edited by Pat; 03-07-2016 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Please don't use that word here

None of my friends have cared so far including work friends. When my other employees know and mom they won't be much surprised I'm sure.
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Probably most of the peaople I know would be quite surprised, and just a few would claim that I knew it!

Most of the people I grew up with new I CD and some of my friends CD in our teens with me!
    My brother is GAY and got married last year and everyone thinks they're great.
    I think my side of the family would say (I wondered if you grew out of that).
    My wife told me never to mention to anyone that I had an interest in wearing women's clothing.
    If I bought them then they're mens clothing, Right?
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 03-06-2016 at 10:01 PM. Reason: typo
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I would say mostly in the "I knew it" camp. But then again, I'm somewhat out now. Mani'd nails and shaped and tweezed eyebrows, subtle makeup often subtle lipstick. I know most of my female work mates notice, some comment on the color...some I've "come out" to. Some have met Chrissi...when you talk fasion and dresses and cute shoes with them, well it's kind of a tell, no?
    Last edited by Chrissi; 03-06-2016 at 10:05 PM.
    Smile! You'll always brighten someone's day, including your own from their return smile!

I'm not sure how I'd be received if I came out. Jacksonville, Florida is not the most CD/TG friendliest place on earth.

I thought all my close girl friends over the years, non romantic, would know. I am out everywhere and am publicly transitioning. However, they really had no idea. Everyone was stunned including my wife. I think now most people look back and see that certain things now make sense. I worked hard at suppressing my real self. Anyway it had to be done!
    Suzanne

having done that, i've had a mix of genuine surprise/shock - mostly - to a few "i knew it" 's. i'll put the knew-it camp firmly among the females and the gobsmacked firmly among the males.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    Done there, been that...

Other than WOW from a few people, one said "Didn't see that coming!".

DeeAnn

Depending on who i would come out to. I know most guy friends that i have would drown me in some lake and dump my body in it. There was a talk before about trans people and that was their comment. Colleagues would be supportive for sure but behind my back they would be different. Have a few gay colleagues and i can hear lots of people talking behind their backs. Dont have much family but mom would be supportive as long as im happy being who i am.

Interesting post Work would end and would be shocked Family (brother & sisters) I think half would disown the other half ok with it I think some might have an idea. Daughters (two) & Wife I would lose one daughter only because of husband (both my daughter know and accept) this would also cost me the lost of grand children. One son-in law would not be shocked one would. Friends would lose Ithink more then I want and I think overall they would all be shcoked.Connie

Well after a divorces (not cd related) moving across the country and seeing my children about every 2 years. Don't really care anymore. I also think that at may age (65) if I want to dress (it doesn't involve anyone but me) what do I care.

Non-binary/Questioning
    I identify as non-binary on Facebook and post a lot of trans-positive stuff, but I normally present as quite male in person. Aside from the people who know me on FB (and maybe not even all of them) most people would not say they knew it.

At work it would be WTF!!! To my old friends from the hood WTF!!! My family knows but it's a taboo subject to even think about it, needless to say we are not tight. My neighbors, as I posted, have no feed back yet, so WTF!!!.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Aspiring Member
    The sky would fall.

I left my home town (population 4500) in Nov. of 1974, 6ft tall weighing 248lbs, known as a kick butt biker who never backed down from anything, had more than my share of girlfriends and was respected by friend and foe alike. I returned in April of 75 weighing 140lbs wearing a dress, makeup and wig (went back to my hometown on the advice of a quack doc.) big mistake! blew everyones mind, most still haven't got over it. To this day if at all possible I avoid the place. So in my case not a single person could or would have known if I had not exposed myself.

Banned Read only
    In thinking about this a bit further, for me there were 3 elements that came together.

Age - The key point here is that the older you get, the less you care. I was 67 as of last December.

Ian Harvie - Our LGBT employee affinity group hired Ian to come in and do his stand up routine for our annual fall community event. As such, he represented our first transgender entertainer that we hired as he had transitioned 10-15 years ago. There seemed to be a certain symmetry there in the sense that it seemed appropriate for me to do the MC function as DeeAnn.

Timing - Along with the age thing being a reason for not caring much, I also knew that I would be retiring a few months after the event and leaving town. Any negative consequences would only have to be tolerated for a short time. But, as it turned out, if anything was said it never made it to me.

In looking back on it, I'm glad that I did it as it lifted a weight. And one thing that I'm very pleased about is that the message was delivered as I wished. Not that it was scripted, but I did think about the topics that I thought would be useful for the people that I spoke with directly.

The full story is chronicled here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ght=Ian+Harvie

DeeAnn

I'm sure many of them would say "I knew it!"...and they'd all be lying. They would just say that so to appear they were more aware of things around them then they really are.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I think Allisa's reply sums it up for me. WTF! All the way.

I've got plucked eyebrows, pierced ears and more often than not, shaved hands and arms, so I'm sure many in my last regular office job discussed this. I caught many of them looking at my eyebrows when I was working with them deskside, but I have to admit, I didn't care either. So for many of them, "I knew it" may well have been the answer.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

My co-workers would be shocked and surprised. I only wear my earrings and that's it when on jobs all man though. I work construction so I know they would laugh at me if they did know.

Banned Read only
    I think it would be a total surprise unless they already know because they violated my privacy by snooping around as kids. I'm six foot and 195 pounds, balding, unshaven most of the time, known to wear tee shirts and cutoff jeans. I don't shave my arms or do any sort of body modification.

Well, when I came out to my wife and her sister they both said they had no idea. I expect to come out to a few friends and siblings so I expect them to be quite surprised.