Thread: crossdresser starter kit.

crossdresser starter kit.

Ladies just wondering what are your considerations for essential must have items in order to start on this journey? Like if you made a starter kit what would be inside?
    Steph

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Armstrong View Post
    Like if you made a starter kit what would be inside?
    Steph
    A note telling you that you're going to go into deep debt to acquire everything necessary to pull it off.
    Jon

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    A trip around the world begins with one step. And, so it is with dressing.

While I'd prefer mine had started with 5" heels? It began with a pair of ladies jeans.

It's different for everyone starting out, Stephanie. We begin with the items that we find the most exciting and gradually move on up the CD ladder---------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A complete feminine wardrobe, make-up, wig if necessary. Depends on how far you want to go. And how deep your pockets are.

Heather

Banned Read only
    If you're going to emulate a woman you need to go all in. None of this under dressing stuff. You need to have at least one complete outfit.

1) Bra
    2) Panty
    3) Slip, if the dress is not lined
    4) Hosiery
    5) Dress
    6) Heels, but not too high if your first pair
    7) Makeup and nail polish, a least a bare minimum
    8) Wig, if your hair is not long enough to style into a short sassy look

What is the ONE item you must have first? That's where you start. After acquiring it, what one item you must have next? And so it begins.......but be warned, it never ends. haha. No, seriously, it never ends.
    Proceed at a pace you can handle (financially, but in other ways as well).

starter kit? hummm........OK lipstick and panties .......................................Debra

I like the idea of this starter kit being available in retail outlets. A sort of straight out the box and good to go CD'ers kit. Question is male or female section?

Three of the five would have to be wig, bra and forms. Four and five, dress and heels. The dress would be a sensible length and the heels not too high. This would be sufficient to give a reasonable look when standing for the first time in front of the mirror.

Of course if it were retail then there would have to be the deluxe package. That would additionally have knickers, padded of course. Tights, 3 pairs as a first attempt always ends in holes. Makeup kit; foundation, 3 colour eye shadow, eye liner, blusher and 2 shades of lippy. All of this would be in a presentation handbag.

And there would be the super deluxe kit containing all the above plus a magic pill that would instantly give you all the courage needed to step out the door.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

$1,$5,$10 and$20s should do just fine. lol

Go to your goodwill or thrift store and you can get a lot of skirts and tops and maybe a dress on your style for about $40, then find a bra and get undies. On makeup, that is a little more but you can get a lot at wally world. Hair, if it long enough, style it. My SO will not let me get a wig or breast forms. I have push up bras that do quite well. I grew my hair long. I now workout with a lot of women and trainers and we all all in a pony tail. LOL But then when you have more cash, get leggings, and hosiery. You may also have to get slips for a dress if it is shear. But that is in the future. Also if there is a payless shoe near, get women's tennis shoes, a heel and also a boot. start with that and you will have a great start.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Steph,
    I know this question has come up before but this time I did stop to think where would I start !
    To answer it I guess it depends on what Cding means to you, if it's sexual then what turns you on , if you want to look passable then the correct underwear to achieve a passable shape and clothes that are suitable for your age.
    Don't fall into the trap of thinking you have spend pots of money to look good, discount stores supply good enough quality in makeup, and great outfits can be found in charity shops. These days it is much easier with guides on most things on the internet plus Ebay for online shopping.

Banned Read only
    Hmmm, I'd try thebreastformstore.com they have TONS of stuff and ship discretely but I don't think they have a 'starter kit', more 'a la carte'.

The basic starter kit:

1) Padded push up bra and panties
    2) pantyhose
    3) 1 pair medium height heels
    4) wig
    5) Basic make up including a) foundation, b) contouring makeup, c) concealer d) eye shadow e) mascara f) eye liner g) lipstick
    6) little black dress
    7) girly sunglasses, and girly reading glasses for indoors (feminine glasses can hide a multitude of masculine features)
    8) skinny jeans and casual top for day wear
    9) handbag, since you no longer have usable pockets to carry things in.
    10) necklace and feminine watch or bracelets.

The deluxe kit would add

11) swimsuit or bikini
    12) shorts for summer
    13) feminine parka, puffer jacket or overcoat for winter
    14) sweaters and sweatshirts for in between weather
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

1. Heels either peep toe or pumps
    2. Gartered Chemise and stockings with matching thong panty (this completes my underdressing)
    3. Skirt and matching top ( I like skirts because I can adjust the length between respectable and vamp)
    4. A decent wig combed to perfection
    5. Water balloons to start, until you can afford breast forms. I love my breast forms - I even sleep in them,
    6. Make-up consisting of Eye shadow, concealer, eyeliner, lipstick, blush, lip liner, Nail polish
    7. Jewelry - Earrings, Necklace, Bracelets and rings....Must have several pieces to complete the look
    8. A beautiful scarf - accessories make the gurl

Check around your local area for real support and groups
    Some groups even have mentoring programs or will at least reach out to help on a personal level with advice and local resources
    Avoid fetish based organizations unless that is what you want specifically
    best of luck
    Have fun and enjoy your time

Reality Check
    The "starter kit" only needs what you think it needs. As I read through the responses, they are all over the place.

The three most important things for me are forms and a bra, a wig, and padded panties (OK, technically that's four). That's the starter kit.

You will soon want to add a dress or skirt and blouse, a pair of women's shoes (they DO NOT have to be heels), jewelry, lipstick and makeup. Other things will come to mind and when you realize you want them, buy them.

I should add that not all crossdressers have the same goals (to look like a woman). Some just throw on a dress and maybe a pair of heels and hit the streets. That is still "crossdressing".

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    For the longest time I would always have a quick transformation kit in the trunk of the car just in case I had a moment while out.
    It consisted of: a couple of bras, forms, pull over tight top, jean skirt and sandals.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!