Thread: why did I do it?

why did I do it?

I was out doing some yard work when I remembered I had a small chore to take care of, so being all sweaty I jumped in the shower and before I knew it I was standing in front of the mirror with my "face" on and dressed casual femme with the girls of course, styling my hair. Why did I go in that direction? I could have just thrown on some jeans, a T shirt and work boots and done my chore, in and out in no time and back to my yard work, but noooo I had to get girly, now I don't want to go back to work, I guess I can find something less physical to do. Kind of funny how I do these things without thought, and about who I would be interacting with, just me being myself, I used to be concerned about my voice but now I just speak in my natural tone(not too basso anyway) and let the chips fall where they may. Is this the natural progression of an aging gender fluid CDer? I know go with the flow, but who would have thought? I think this spring and summer are going to be very interesting.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    I find it's the little things that I stop thinking twice about. Just before my first social outing I borrowed my wife's moisturiser before putting my makeup on, next time I was out shopping I bought some Olay 44+ without thinking now I apply it every day after shaving ( I find it does work !), it's like accepting shaving my legs every day it's part of my life now and never think twice.
    I have to say when you do get out the door thoughts about passing and what does my voice sound like don't matter the same, the part of you that needed to get out is finally being satisfied.
    There is no such thing as a perfect woman , we only have to overhear female conversations to find that out so what makes us think we are going to become a perfect woman, to me it's not what it's about.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    So true Lisa it would be easier just to put on a tee shirt and jeans and go about it but then like you say you look in that mirror and think why not get dressed and before you know it your going about your normal business but all dressed what I would say more comfortable, so maybe that's it because it's comfortable

Being comfortable, being happy would seem to have a lot to do with it I think, I know I realized recently sometimes just being dressed or even partially makes me feel both.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I think your yard work needed a woman's touch. That's why you did it.

I know the feeling. This morning, I changed from night gown to jean skirt, knit pullover over the bra and forms I slept in, flats, earrings and necklace. It feels so natural. Went for a short walk around the neighborhood. Gotta' go to work which means un-crossdressing into my uniform. Oh well, I'll be back in lovely mode when I go to sleep tonight.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

When my daughters were growing up, one of the first things they did after getting up in the morning was put on their makeup.
    Heaven forbid anyone would see their actual face.
    I can remember as a child, my mother never did anything or went anywhere without "freshening" her lipstick.

I guess it has gone full circle.
    Every morning after I shave, I get my makeup on and get dressed for the day.
    That's just the way it is any more.
    And of course if we go anywhere, I have to freshen my lipstick.
    I guess that is one of the perks of being retired.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Sounds like a nice place to be in your life. When I've got time at home between contracts, I love to get my girl on every day.

Enjoy your 'now' leisure time and as they say in the Nike advert, "just do it".

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Platinum Member
    Hi Lisa, You are just so GIRLY
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Mikeor said, "Being comfortable, being happy would seem to have a lot to do with it I think, I know I realized recently sometimes just being dressed or even partially makes me feel both."
    It all seems to boil down to this: being dressed makes one feel comfortable and happy. The more you dress, or the longer you have been dressing the stronger these feelings become and dressing just becomes the natural thing to do. Rather than being a natural progression of aging it seems to be a natural progressing resulting from experience.
    Also, the more people dress, the less they seem to worry about passing. A lot of CDs seem to feel they won't, anyway. Dress well, act normally and you'll probably blend in and rarely be noticed. You'll probalby just be accepted as one of the crowd.