Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Office Politics

Yea for you Michelle. If we don't stick up for those like us, How in the heck can we expect others to do it.
    I have done the same in discussions with closed minded people and I am sure after walking away, they wondered, wow, I never would have guessed he supported him. We all must have a little courage if we ever want to be accepted.

I don't even think this is about Jenner either, I think we need to stand up for any person that others are talking about and it is not right.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissy_Michelle View Post
    I may have overstepped my place in this cubicle world.
    No, you didn't. B/S like that ALWAYS needs to be challenged. Reason being that it is often a short hop to pointing a finger at someone close at hand. People don't say "Man, I hate those trannies, but the queers are OK.". Chances are if they disparage one of us, they will likely disparage ALL of us, so it's best to stop it before it gets started.

DeeAnn

Banned Read only
    Wow, way to go! Even if you're perceived as a full on man in this context, that's sticking up for the 'stalwart underdog' and whatever gender you are it's a truly admiral quality!

@Rachael.Davis - ya, Buck Angel...female model becomes super man...I'd like to see that guy walk into the ladies room 😉

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    Caitlyn Jenner did not win an olympic medal. Bruce did. In trans politics our old persona is dead.
    So if you had a child and transitioned you would stop loving it and never speak of it again? Ain't buying it.

Edit: The more I think about this absurd idea the more it hacks me off. Are the Wachowskis, formerly the Wachowski brothers, now the Wachowski sisters, who made "The Matrix" series of movies no longer filmmakers because those personae are "dead"? Does a person who transitions have to give up all their patents, trademarks and copyrights? It is total nonsense to say the persona is dead. People speak (euphemistically) of the name being dead, not the person. Your history doesn't die when you transition, it just gets more interesting.
    Last edited by Pat; 04-02-2016 at 10:34 AM.

...In trans politics....
    Hmmm, is there a "Trans Congress" that defines what is trans and how trans people should act? Perhaps an "in" group that was happy to be considered the intelligentsia of the Trans movement and now feels threatened by someone whose public prominence eclipsed their own?

Sorry, but from my point of view "trans politics" isn't going to make me forget my past or abandon my wife and children. Maybe I don't fit into their narrow vision, but I need to live my own life, not theirs.

Banned Read only
    In this world there is too much intolerance. It is not limited to anyone and everyone on the transgender spectrum. There are too many people who dislike, discriminate or are intolerant of people who are not like themselves. Everyone should stand up to any sort of discrimination and bigotry. I know this thread is dealing with transgenders, but, I've heard the same dribble over my six plus decades about gays, lesbians, blacks, Latinos, persons of other faiths (too numerous to list), etc. If you don't stand up for someone, then, don't expect anyone to stand up for you when your time comes.

What, an essentially peaceful and inclusive group of people defined by their beliefs, being hi-jacked by self-serving politically manipulative extremists with a view to furthering their own ends? Surely that could never happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Hmmm, is there a "Trans Congress" that defines what is trans and how trans people should act? Perhaps an "in" group that was happy to be considered the intelligentsia of the Trans movement and now feels threatened by someone whose public prominence eclipsed their own?

Sorry, but from my point of view "trans politics" isn't going to make me forget my past or abandon my wife and children. Maybe I don't fit into their narrow vision, but I need to live my own life, not theirs.
    Not all of us grow up to be the man we once thought we might become.

My candle burns at both ends. It will not last the night. But Ah, my friends, and Oh my foes, It gives a lovely light.