Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are you AFRAID to be weaker,more vulnerable, softer,

Banned Read only

are you AFRAID to be weaker,more vulnerable, softer,

Dainty,take up less space,defenseless,dependent ,delicate and more fragile?

Does being much more feminine scare you?

I hear flawless and are stealthyTS tell TG's who are transitioning how hard they look." You look hard as a brick" are "you look like a brick" and "your a butch queen".some hold on to masculinity so that they are able to defend themselves and are called Butch queens as a result . some let go of there masculinity entirely and go stealth and try not to associate with CD,tg,ts etc.
    Last edited by summerbunny; 03-31-2016 at 12:51 PM.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Yeah the vast majority of words or ways you describe women is not the way I would. I wonder how many women would describe women that way. What does that say about each of us?

Banned Read only
    At times women have those traits more often then masculine men.

Less Testosterone equals less physical strength.
    Last edited by summerbunny; 03-31-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Banned Read only
    SummerB.,
    The answer is no, going back to the recent thread of " Real or an Act ?"
    I'm still me, the difference being dressed as a female to satisfy my inner needs, I may smile more and feel happier but nothing else changes !

I'm sure there are women physically stronger than me , women fall over things as much as men, none of this really matters !

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by summerbunny View Post
    Less Testosterone equals less physical strength.
    Sure, I'd agree with you on that, in general, but I don't think that equates to being:

Quote Originally Posted by summerbunny View Post
    dainty,take up less space,defenseless,dependent ,delicate and more fragile?
    Again, I would simply say that you and I have a different view of what it is to be a woman.
    Last edited by Nadine Spirit; 03-31-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Not afraid at all. I'm actually more empowered and less afraid to be myself en femme.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

That sounds like
    "Olive Oyle" on Popeye cartoons! Most women in the USA today, are acting tougher than ever before.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I and another crossdressing friend actually appear physically taller and stronger when crossdressed than wearing our usual guy clothes. And I am not talking about looking like a "butch queen".

The transitioners that I know are just themselves and they're doing fine. Personally, I don't know any that take up less space, are defenseless, are dependent, are delicate or are more fragile. But, neither am I (I'm a GG) and neither are most women that I know. It's true that women mostly can't beat men of their size at arm wrestling, but that's OK. It doesn't make us weaker in general. We no longer live in a world where we need physical strength to survive.

Dainty? Who wants to be dainty. Most people want to be strong. We need to be in order to survive.
    Last edited by ReineD; 03-31-2016 at 04:52 PM.
    Reine

You need better "friends" that you hang out with or different places to go, IMHO.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Chantal, I agree some of us look tougher, stronger, when dressed. I think i do in some photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post

Again, I would simply say that you and I have a different view of what it is to be a woman.
    But Summer didn't say woman. Feminine is "having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with women, esp. delicacy and prettiness:" Maybe effeminate would be a better word choice? (of a man) having or showing characteristics regarded as typical of a woman; unmanly.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I'm not at all afraid to be feminine and demure. That doesn't mean I have to be fragile and weak and depend on everyone else to do things for me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member
    I would not describe most women as "dainty, take up less space, defenseless, dependent ,delicate and more fragile. These adjectives are not positive and maybe condescending.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    But Summer didn't say woman. Feminine is "having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with women, esp. delicacy and prettiness:" Maybe effeminate would be a better word choice? (of a man) having or showing characteristics regarded as typical of a woman; unmanly.

1) summer MEANT women
    2) it's not the word(s) it's the stereotype. Maybe it just misogyny.

Aspiring Member
    Even before I crossdressed, I was many - if not all - of these things; even now I still am quite a few of them, though I may not be crossdressed. And I doubt a single outfit of any gender is going to have any impact beyond altering my appearance, my body language and how anyone else would look at me. Sure I may look more dainty, delicate and arguably vulnerable while dressed in a supposedly hyperfeminine outfit, but beneath all that I'm still the same soft-spoken, scrawny and emotionally vulnerable individual, without the getup necessarily getting in the way of that.

I wouldn't touch the words 'masculine' or 'feminine' when I describe mannerisms here.

When I'm out dressed I feel more at ease and behave more laidback and softer than in drab. Perhaps because I'm in a much better mood when en femme. I'm more polite and tolerant, even daintier. That's about it. I'm not afraid of this softer side of me coming out. Actually I like it. I'm still capable of reacting strongly if pushed to far, and in that sense the male side of me remains. I still remain me, with a softer side more in evidence.

Aspiring Member
    I always have been weaker, more vulnerable, softer.

The one good thing about being dressed is that you no longer have to fake that you aren't to earn man cred... no need to posture like a rooster.

I too feel much more at ease with myself when dressed, and enjoy that softer side. Heck I even enjoy the softer side now when i drab, with the right people (mostly in the company of women).

I am me, I am happy, I dont see how me being happy makes me any different than just happy....
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Summer you need to stop reading so much goofy stuff on the internet.
    Maybe change friends or at least stop taking what they say verbatim.
    Some not all inner city black women will fight as dirty as a man and act more like men than women.
    Hell they even run off their men and have them put in jail, to me thats pretty tough.
    Your theory doesn't hold water.
    Just because I like to dress doesn't mean it changes me physically.
    I may be small in stature but I can fight if I have to.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-03-2016 at 02:47 AM.

Banned Read only
    I'm gender fluid (just realized that, I think, kinda, maybe 😧 ) and my take on this is all about manerisms?

When I'm a 'guy' (not that often, I try to avoid it) I tend to TRY to walk like an ape and frown a lot, hands firmly clenched in a fist, ready to deliver a defensive blow 😡 (yah, totally over compensating!)

When I'm 'tween', my manerisms are...natural, I wiggle a little when I walk and my arm movements are, well, kinda femme ☺

When I'm a chic, I move like a chic (I strive for poetry in motion) 😃

Am I afraid to be weaker, soften, more vulnerable...as a guy, yes...as a chic...I think I'm afraid of NOT being 😐

Anyone 'read' those emoticons, Pamela? 😉
    Last edited by Robin414; 03-31-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Silver Member
    Need to be careful - a lot of gender and some racial stereotyping in this thread.

I don't think feminine needs to be defined as weaker. in guy mode I am a karate instructor, and urge my female students to rise to the max of the aggression they can muster in self defense. When I am in fem mode I am aware of the aggression I can muster (not in anyway less then when I am male) in self defense. Personal strength and the ability to use it is not gender specific. However training and technique are essential to maximize effectiveness.

I'm not sure what "weaker" means. Does it mean intelligently using reason to know or where to engage with threats, or is it "weaker" to fail to respond to any threat with scorched earth tactics?

I have a hard time without absolutes and strawman and black and white fallacies.

Regardless, I don't feel any weaker when expressing love and empathy openly for others. In fact, I gain strength, confidence, and solace from it.

Do I walk around limp-wristed and things like that?mi don't think so, but if I do, it is who I am. Others judgements says much more about them than me.

When presenting as a female it's not a bad idea to act a little less masculine. I think that's what Summer was driving at. Looking like a man in a dress is undesirable by most CDs that are presenting in public.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder