Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dressing at home

Banned Read only
    I sort of interpreted the inquiry as to "what others may do" to mean as in accomplished. When I do dress for the day which is about seven hours I always wear a dress. I do not own any feminine pants. From inside out it is a bra, panty, slip, stockings with a garter girdle, heels and dress. I forego the makeup, but, I do wear a wig. My wife is still working outside the home and I'm retired. So, many of the domestic chores fall on me: vacuuming, laundry, ironing, change bed linens, meal preparation, etc. As a child of the fifties and sixties, I follow the lead of June Cleaver of "Leave It to Beaver." It's always a dress and heels.

I am similar to others and like to wear something like a dress, stockings, bra, jewellery and hair. I couldn't get dressed without a wig otherwise I don't feel the same at all. Sometimes wear lipstick and mostly never wear heels around the house as they are too uncomfortable.

Depends on day and time, If I have time and the mood suits, ya I might have a dress on with the works, I do like skinny jeans with stiletto boots too. Ive done housework in heels more than once. I have a lot of lingerie Ive been sleeping dressed for a couple months now. I have several chemise.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

i live alone for now and usually have three days to do what i want. its usually bra, panties, hose and either dress or skirt and blouse. it all depends on the mood. i sometimes add a wig but not often and makeup rarely as it takes too much time. i basically live my three days enfemme unless i have to go out. i recently purchased quality forms and think they are great.

At home, I like it casual. For chores and such I usually wear womens shirts and tees with bra and panties on under. After dinner, I'll shower and put on a nightie and house coat.

I try to dress on my days off from work. Today I just have a red dress on. Sometimes I'll wear a bra and panties underneath if I'm in the mood. Will wear pantyhose and thigh highs from time to time.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

I'm strictly lingerie at home. No makeup or wigs. But I LOVE the feel and look of lingerie. I couldn't imagine wearing men's briefs ever again!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    I always present myself totally as a woman whether I am at home or going out. It just seems right!
    Well.... most women do not wear makeup (or heels) when at home alone.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 05-10-2016 at 12:34 AM.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I never understood the use of the word 'girls' as to refer to breasts. Or 'boys' for the reference to testicles. Doesn't make any sense. ......... .
    It's an attempt to be "polite". It's better than "tits" and "balls".

depends on what I'm doing. Like this morning...took off my gown as I got out of bed and put on a Danskin top and denim short shorts. Sitting here working and so dressed. When I go out to the barn later, I'll put on a different t shirt with a sports bra under and jeans. I don't bother with makeup...haven't for years. Daily wear is what you see in the avatar. Just plain drab fem if you will but still fem.

Back before I transitioned in 81, I came home everyday from work and changed into something fem with full makeup and curled my shoulder length hair. Wife was very happy with me being as fem as possible when not at work or with family.

Its not what your wearing, it are you comfortable wearing it...

I WFH a few days a week and that is my highlight of the week. No wig. No makeup is needed. The ability to dress how I want is what makes my WFH everything. I can go 50% and feel just as happy. Enjoy it.
    be sweet for me

-Renae

I just dress in clothes usually. I put on shoes, lipstick and earrings (clip-ons), depending on how much time I have to dress. Time can vary between 30 minutes to several hours, so the amount of makeup varies accordingly.
    I get the most satisfaction from panties, bras, and stockings.
    Di

Interesting to read the wide variety of what our members do. So far, all I've done at home is mostly just the clothing (complete inside to out) but seldom do the wig. I guess I'm not a fan of my current wig. Fortunately, my wife isn't put off by a female body with my male head.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

whether at home or out in public, I just go with the clothes. no wig or makeup. I'm not trying to present as a lady

On the very rare occasions that my SO decides to put on feminine clothing at home, she also does not bother with makeup. Or the silicone breast forms, hip pads, and waist cincher. She does have super lightweight foam pads to slip into a bra so the top will hang right. And there is never a need for a wig because my SO has long hair past his shoulders that he wears tied at the nape in guy mode. In girl mode, she just wears her hair loose. It's all about comfort at home.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Tina81 View Post
    I'm curious what others do....when I'm home alone, I'll wear heels, panties, pantyhose, skirt, breast forms/bra, blouse and bracelets. I won't bother with a wig (too uncomfortable) or make-up (to much to fuss with and to clean-up). Wearing clothes is easier to put on and take off. I'll spend a good part of the day dressed like this and really enjoy walking about the house in my heels and the feel of being dressed like a woman. There is just something about wearing women's shoes and the feel of my "girls" breastforms hanging in my bra as well as the looking at myself in the mirror. So I'm wondering if others will dress up without wig or make-up.
    Holy Smokes!!!!! THESE ARE MY EXACT THOUGHTS!!!!!! HOW DID YOU GET INSIDE MY HEAD?????

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Depends on what I'm in the mood for. I might to the whole smash, or just lounge around in lingerie. There used to be a nightclub in my town that I could dress and go to- but it did a crash and burn. It was fun while it lasted. So now I get to stay put, or track down a new place. That may mean doing some traveling- nuts.

Always pantyhose. Then it don't take much to slip on a dress or skirt. Might as well put on some heels too. And it don't take much to put a wig on either. Sometimes I don't mess with the makeup.

With me it's underdressing with panties and/or bra. 🌺

Panties4me
    Panties 24/7 for me but when home alone it's bra, forms,slip or cami, sometimes pantyhose and sometimes shapewear. No outerwear for me, very happy just wearing lingerie and underwear.

I'm with you on the make-up part. I hate the hassle of clean up. Wig, Yes. Gotta have my hair. I don't go out any more, so why bother with the make-up? The only time I use make-up, is when I'm planning a photo shoot. Which isn't very often any more. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Tina:

Back in the day, when I first started, I would dress all the way up when I was able to take a day at home; this was mostly because these times were so few and far between. Later, as I got more time (especially when I became a widower and had the house to myself) I would dress every day, but not in full: I would wear panties, bra and breastforms, women's clothing (including shoes) and a wig. Nowadays, I am back to having very little time to dress--and I did a tragic purge a few years back in which I dumped all my wigs, clothing, shoes, makeup, breastforms and all--so now I can't do what I did, but when I do dress it is still panties, bra (stuffed with cloth) and women's clothing. I will get back into light makeup--not full foundation and all that, but lipstick for sure.

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I sort of interpreted the inquiry as to "what others may do" to mean as in accomplished. When I do dress for the day which is about seven hours I always wear a dress. I do not own any feminine pants. From inside out it is a bra, panty, slip, stockings with a garter girdle, heels and dress. I forego the makeup, but, I do wear a wig. My wife is still working outside the home and I'm retired. So, many of the domestic chores fall on me: vacuuming, laundry, ironing, change bed linens, meal preparation, etc. As a child of the fifties and sixties, I follow the lead of June Cleaver of "Leave It to Beaver." It's always a dress and heels.
    What about the pearls...?

When i have a weekend at home alone i will dress ,heels makeup brestforms,all the way. I love the feeling of being in my own space as wanda.other times at home are short ,maybe a hour or so. I have been nearly caught on occasion.I sometimes think deep down i want to be.
    I sometimes will go out and water the garden ,or sit outside and read.

Without wig or makeup? Nope. When I dress it's en-total. Starting with a close shave...all over, moisturizer, scented hand lotion, a touch of perfume, selections of lingerie, and attire, wig, last my nails. I know it's out of fashion, but I always wear some form of hose...nylon stockings with a garter belt or OBG, or thigh highs, or pantyhose, a waist cincher...sometimes I'll change...thigh his are my favorite...Hanes Silk Reflection. I have many wigs. I usually wear flats or low heels. Hip and butt pads are a great asset. My silicone breast forms are wonderful....so realistic. Actually, I have two sets of bras and breast forms...D cup and A cup...with breast forms for both. Yes, dressing for me is a carefully deliberate process. I'm always wearing panties, a bra and hose.