Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long skirts

Thumbs up Long skirts

A "gentleman caller" *giggle* that I had yesterday bought me an outfit that consisted of, among other things, a long black, beaded, gypsy skirt. Now, I've stated before that I don't often wear anything other than jeans and tops out and about, but I do wear skirts and dresses at home. But I usually buy knee length, or thereabouts, dresses or skirts. Maybe calf length. And often with a petticoat, full or not, beneath. I love the 50's look, right?

Anyway, this is an "almost" ankle length, heavy skirt, and I love how it both looks and feels! It's almost a matronly look, but not quite. God, it justs moves so "womanly", LOL!

I'll post some pics later, after I've done my face.

But who else likes these long skirts? (Last one I had was waaay back in the middle 90's, and doesn't fit anymore-dratted waistline!)

IMHO.. long skirts pencil straight are the livin' end! not quite a 'hobble' skirt but certainly not for the quick of feet. --but then... i'm every inch the skirt ****.. well.. when shoes aren't in sight.
    -k-

Those peasant skirts are fantastic. So comfortable to crash on the couch in, but also wonderful when walking around, the drape of the fabric feels wonderful when brushing against the legs. As well, they come in so many colours and fabric combinations. I think I own at least 6 now. Then there's pleated short skirts, another topic all together.

j

Red face Long skirts

I love the feel of long skirts, especially the ones that are ankle length. It makes it nice when you wantto curl upon the couch as you can draw your legs up and cover your feet especially when it is chilly.

I like any skirt, but being the woman I am I really love shorter skirts
    hugs Bobbi

Sometimes demure.... Anne Charlotte's Avatar

Gypsy Skirts....

I just love them.

I bought a brown one last autumn, and my wife bought me a black one for Christmas..........I posted a pic of me in the brown one at the time.....I'll have to see if I can find the link to the thread.....they just feel sooooo lush.

I love them with long boots (high heeled of course).

oh, here it is......
    Last edited by Anne Charlotte; 08-16-2006 at 04:12 AM.
    Live the high life.......wear 5 inch heels !!!

LOL Annie C

Tracy -- I love long skirts and own several. Have yet to buy a peasant skirt although I would love to have one to own and wear. Waiting for your pics.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I like a variety of skirts. Can you really have too many. Anyway, I like long skirts whether they flair out or go straight down. The flair type does however take the emphisis away from my lack of hips a bit. When buying a long skirt, I am happy when it can partially cover my feet as I am 6 foot without heels (not that I am trying to cover up my feet).

Long Skirts Rule!

Long skirts are the best!! Thicker ones for the winter, light floaty boho gypsy style for the summer with strappy sandals! This is my latest purchase, from Per Una at Marks And Spencer. Mxxx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Haley Pink~

Peasant Skirts

The nicest thing happend to me back in 2005. I did go to Walmart and try on some dresses and skirts, as I had told you all before. These are the ones I had gotten. The Girls at the TriEss meetings love them. I bought two loose nit sweaters and camisols to go with. The jean skirt I bought from Roamans catalog and the belt from a Local Lane Bryant store.

I love wearing them.
    Thanks for the oppertunity to share Sis and the post.

Haley

Haley Pink~

Boots to match the skirts.

Here are the Roamans boots I have , but in black for these skirts.
    My picture I took was washed out in the blackness of the boots. I wanted you to see the diversity of this boot. It scrunches,lolol.
    Haley
    Thanks again for this thred Sis.

LOVE those boots!!!

Where did you get them?

Julia

Haley Pink~

Boots.

Mine came from Roamans online hun!
    I love them. The heel is just the right length that your feet don't get out of sorts.

Haley TY for the post Sis.

Hi Monica
    You look gorgous in that skirt.

Went in Per Una in Fosse Park Leicester last Saturday. Wow the new ranges are fantastic. I'll have to mortgage the house to buy all that I saw especially the skirts even more must have than last season.

Looked into Wallis as well got some really nice dresses as well. Good also to see High Street stocking a good range of 16's which unfortunately I am.

Shoes in Next this year are good too. Brought a pair of peep toe courts today.

I must stop or else I'll be shopping again tomorrow!

Lynda Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by TracyDeluxe
    A "gentleman caller" *giggle* that I had yesterday bought me an outfit that consisted of, among other things, a long black, beaded, gypsy skirt. Now, I've stated before that I don't often wear anything other than jeans and tops out and about, but I do wear skirts and dresses at home. But I usually buy knee length, or thereabouts, dresses or skirts. Maybe calf length. And often with a petticoat, full or not, beneath. I love the 50's look, right?

Anyway, this is an "almost" ankle length, heavy skirt, and I love how it both looks and feels! It's almost a matronly look, but not quite. God, it justs moves so "womanly", LOL!

I'll post some pics later, after I've done my face.

But who else likes these long skirts? (Last one I had was waaay back in the middle 90's, and doesn't fit anymore-dratted waistline!)
    I love the longer skirts also. My late wife got me into them and she had a lot of them that I have now inherited. You said it so perfectly. They do make a world of difference in the way they move with each step. (HUGS) Felicia

Smile Long Skirts Are Just The Tops!

Hye Lovely admirer of all things feminine; I must admit that I adore my long flowing pretty very feminine flower print dresses-when I wear them with some very snassy patterned fashion tights and lovely low heel court shoes-I think I am the "Belle of the Ball".I love the feel of those soft heavenly garments next to your skin and it makes me feel every bit a woman.Can't say I am a lover of jeans or the like-but put me in a dress,tights and cute shoes and I am fast away in a feminine dream!

Love and many kisses,
    SAMANTHA BEWITCHED.xx

I don't have any short skirts anymore. All are way below the knee. I think my legs are too skinny for short skirts.

Long skirts can be sexy as well, plus they feel great against your legs, and you don't have to put extra attentioin to the way you sit

Sometimes demure.... Anne Charlotte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynda jane hamilton

Shoes in Next this year are good too. Brought a pair of peep toe courts today.

I must stop or else I'll be shopping again tomorrow!

Lynda Jane.
    Have you bought shoes from Next ? I know they do a size 9, but it only seems they have them in the Next Directory.....neither of my local stores stocks above 8.

They have a lovely rounded toe ankle boot with a slight platform (1cm) I have my eyes on, but they are £50 !!
    Live the high life.......wear 5 inch heels !!!

LOL Annie C

I do have couple of longer length skirts 1 leather & 1 velvet, they are bit heavy to wear in the warmer weather; so I tend to wear them when it is cool. I would love to get a long denim pencil skirt, have seen some RG's wear them and think they are very sexy.
    Sabrina.
    What matters most is how you see yourself.

Love them to! Just had my wife long denim size 6 skirt on yeaterday. Awesome! allison

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

long skirts

I like long skirts! Even though I have several skirts that are shoter (see profile pic) I usually dress a little more consevative. I like the 'career girl' look.

http://crossdressers.com/forums/show...007#post266007

This was an earlier 'mirror shot' trying to show one of my favorite skirts, a black velvet with soft grey print.

The pic doesn't really do this skirt justice! Someday, I may get around and try to take another pic!

Francine
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

Long skirts -- love 'em

Get mine on Ebay. Plenty of choices there.
    Yael

I love love love wearing long skirts. Short skirts are fun and they do look sexy but nothing feels as good as the swish andw sway of a full length skirt! Oh so fem.

I love all skirts, knee length, just a little above, mid calf, and ankle length. I get more compliments from women when I wear a skirt that is a little longer that looks classy. A few years ago when silk broomstick skirts were popular I had several. I was trying one on in Express and came out of the dressing room to see how it looked in the three way mirror. I had to wait my turn at the mirror, there was a very attractive woman(about 30 or so) wearing the same skirt I was. It was emerald green, she had a tan sweater and green suede boots. She looked lovely, she said my skirt looked great with the black turtle neck and black boots. She went out front and got me a black belt that really set the outfit off. I loved it so much, I took the tags off and wore the outfit home. (after paying for them!)

She was very friendly to me, she said she really liked my outfit. I was wondering where to wear my new skirt, she made several suggestions, including work. I explained that I wasn't really out at work, she said I should be. All in all, it was a delightful conversation. She was friendly, she treated me like another woman and was encouraging of my femininity. I have found most women friendly if you make contact in a non-threatening nos-sexual way.
    Catherine
    Last edited by Catherine; 03-02-2006 at 08:47 AM.