Thread: Going out with a mugles (SO, friend) and 'passing'?

Banned Read only

Going out with a mugles (SO, friend) and 'passing'?

I go out all the time (mostly en tween) but never with anyone in tow. I know most of us don't really give a fart if we pass (I'm a raging narcissist and I don't even care, I still try to look nice though 😉 ).

Made me think, most mugles don't really get it and 'might' feel a little embarrassed being 'seen with a tween' (we're getting there slowly IMHO but that's a discussion for another soon to be deleted thread 😂 )

I am (after 18 months of marinading in the pink fog) comfortable going out with my SO wearing seriously sexy (IMHO) women's skinny jeans and clear nail polish (sooo much less than my solo tween look), anyhoo...to the point

Anyone else camping on that plateau, looking up and contemplating climbing to the next next level?

Not to that point, but to the point of starting to wear nail polish regularly. We all had Easter and I wore nail polish. Not a word was said. I have found the colored, i.e, pale polishes both last longer and look better than clear. My colored lasts 5-7 days and at best I can only get 3 days out of clear.

Silver Member
    (marinading in the pink fog). Love that description!

Performing in a burlesque variety show en femme with two of my GG burlesque friends this weekend. Not as a DQ but as one of the girls.

Going on a five day vacation to Las Vegas with a group of GG's. I'm going bankrupt on all the casual and formal outfits I've been buying lately. The fog is really thick up here.

Hope to make my 2nd appearance in a bikini at the hotel pool. I don't think I pass but it's super fun and all of my GG's are very supportive.

My sense of it lately is that "most muggles" don't mind being seen with us as long as they've got plausible separation and deniability. I think crossdressers who are out and about are viewed kind of fashionably at the moment -- like having a gay friend was in the 80's. We are exotic pets. Doesn't mean they'll pay our bar tab, though.

I'd happily go out with anyone who was prepared to be seen dead with me. End of!
    Not all of us grow up to be the man we once thought we might become.

My candle burns at both ends. It will not last the night. But Ah, my friends, and Oh my foes, It gives a lovely light.

Most of the time when I go out it is with what you call "muggles," My wife, daughters, their boyfriends, some work colleagues and other friends. I occasionally go out with other TG people as well. I really don't like to be out alone.

If you are interested in "passing" then being in the company of accepting friends is amazing reinforcement for your presentation. Nobody questions you if you are already accepted by the people you are with.

Also, don't forget Persephone's Law: "The likelihood of being identified as TG is proportional to the number of TG people in the group."

Dear Robin
    Unfortunately I have not reached the point to go outside ,,,Im still in the cold waters ,,,playing it safe .....I wish I could ...love to but too dangerous for me ..
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post

If you are interested in "passing" then being in the company of accepting friends is amazing reinforcement for your presentation. Nobody questions you if you are already accepted by the people you are with.
    I agree with your thesis 100%. A CD's acceptance by another person is sort of a signal to The Herd that you are one of them. My personal experience is that the best accessorizing item a CD can ever have is a man in Drab, particularly if he is opening doors, and otherwise affording the customary deference which men would give to a GG.