Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I owned it and got *quite* a reaction

I owned it and got *quite* a reaction

I was shopping in one of the local SteinMarts and found a size 11 low heeled pump that I was interested in.

The shoe department is kind of set back from the store, and it was empty when I got there. I grabbed the box of shoes and sat down to try them on. I thought this would be easy peasy, because once I sat down, I was basically hidden from the rest of the store.

Mind you that I'm still sporting bright pink toe nails, although the color is kind of fading. Since the shoes were pumps, I wanted to try them on without socks. So, I took off my right sock and slipped the shoe on. Then I noticed that a woman was coming into the shoe department. I thought she was a customer, so I decided to continue what I was doing and try on the left shoe. My feet are almost half a size different, which makes it even more difficult to find shoes.

It turned out the woman was older and was an SA.

SA: Are you looking for shoes for you wife.

Now, remember that I already have one shoe on,

I look up at the SA, and decide I might as well own it, because it should be pretty obvious since I am trying them on.

Me: Umm, actually, they're for me.

All of a sudden, everything stops, just like in a really dramatic part of a movie. The SA gets a total "deer in the headlights" gaze over her eyes, and finally says "Oh".

I decided not to try to explain myself any further, because I think my last sentence overwhelmed her processing function.

She takes a few steps and looks away. I try on the left shoe, and stand up to see how the shoes feel. I like the fit, so I decide not to press my luck by walking around in them. I put them back in the box and start heading over to the register. I thank the SA on the way out, and head to the register to pay.

I guess the SA will have quite a story to tell her hubby after she gets off work.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 04-11-2016 at 07:03 AM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    All of a sudden, everything stops, just like in a really dramatic part of a movie. The SA gets a total "deer in the headlights" gaze over her eyes, and finally says "Oh".

I decide not to try to explain myself any further, because I think my last sentence overwhelmed her processing function.
    Probably just as well as I think she was in Stimulus Overload mode. Wouldn't have been useful...

DeeAnn

hehehe I think thats awesome, what the hey at that point, I say why not? Sounds like you had fun with the moment at least Steffi.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Banned Read only
    That's why I shop 'en tween' mode myself, ya, it's kinda obviously for me! I still remember picking up a pair of flats at LTS after work en drab and the SA after looking up my phone # handed me the bag like it was infested with vermin 😬 Presenting en tween (or full on femme) is SOOO much easier girls!

Thank you Steph for owning up
    that the shoes were for you.You
    should call back to the store and
    share with them rhat the SA. you
    had trying to help you might have
    had a lite stroke because her eyes
    glazed over and her speech was
    incoherent.

Some people are such babies!
    I went into a Salvation Army store last week and as I was looking at dresses a female store clerk putting dresses on the rack said to herself "someone needs a dress".
    It put a real bummer on my dress-up fun, they had a cute dress my size for $8 but after that I couldn't buy it. I don't know if I read her wrong but I thought what a douche, LOL!
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 04-10-2016 at 11:38 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Silver Member
    Hey, it is best to own it.
    I've even told SAs it was for me and they didn't believe it.

Which Stein Mart? Since you've broken the ice, perhaps I'll follow with a visit to buy shoes. The SA will wonder, what the %^*+{
    Tina

I was in a similar situation to yours a few weeks ago, Steffi, except in my case it was a Walmart. I was also in drab, had spotted a pair of women's shoes that appealed to me, and was hoping for a stealth moment to quickly try them on away from prying eyes. Since the shoe department appeared to be devoid of people, I thought that there might be an opportunity to do this right then and there. But as I rounded the corner of an aisle that I thought might be empty and largely out of view from the rest of the store, I spotted a GG sitting on one of those small benches in the middle of it who had obviously had the same idea as me - except... she was breastfeeding!

Oops!

I beat a hasty and discrete retreat, deciding that it might be best for all concerned to postpone my shoe-trying-on attempt to another day.

Banned Read only
    Steffi,
    The best way to do this is go online and check out the shoes and make a list, when you go into the store find a SA that looks OK with you buying shoes, go to them and tell you wish to buy lady's shoes for yourself and do they have a problem serving you. That way you have her on your side and she should be more than helpful, I had a great time because I did it in that way, now I just go in , scan the racks and try them on, but I always ask if a SA is about if they have any objections. The other point is I'm surprised the SA didn't ask you to put some knee highs on, they don't usually like you trying on shoes in bare feet. I found that one out the hard way by being asked in front of customers to put them on was only going to happen the once , I now wear stockings or tights.

always fun to throw a curve ball
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Went to payless after work. Just browsing. Found a few cute wedges 11w. The sa came up and told me they looked great on me. When u got to the register she started to push purses on me. They were on sale. I told her I have enough already plus I didn't like the styles.

After a statement like yours I have had assistants help me try other clothing as well.

It's good when they can own it as well. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congratulations on owning it, etc. but ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I wanted to try them on without socks. So, I took off my right sock and slipped the shoe on.
    You were trying on shoes barefoot? That's kind of an uncool move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    You were trying on shoes barefoot? That's kind of an uncool move.
    yes, there is the possibility of picking up a fungus or atheletes foot. If I'm planning to try on shoes I'll wear thin socks (trouser socks, men's dress socks…) - and shoe stores have nylon booties available if needed.

I'm at the point where I like to see the SA's reaction when I say "they're for me". There's a Payless in the area that gets so many CDs coming in they seem to expect to hear "they're for me".
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

It would have been fun to throw her a curve; "You know it sure is easier trying on pumps without my bra & boobs!"...... What fun,

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yeah grab one of the nylon footies next time and not your bare feet.Any lady knows the rule LOLOL
    You owned it so kudos to you.
    Its really just that easy to buy ladies items so to all of you that say I could never do that well get over yourself because you can.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Nice story Steffie I think it's still strange for many for us to do such things but I like how you handled it you took it in stride and decided it's just normal. The SA may indeed be telling that story in her break room all week.
    Thanks for sharing
    Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    yes, there is the possibility of picking up a fungus or atheletes foot. If I'm planning to try on shoes I'll wear thin socks (trouser socks, men's dress socks…) - and shoe stores have nylon booties available if needed.

I'm at the point where I like to see the SA's reaction when I say "they're for me". There's a Payless in the area that gets so many CDs coming in they seem to expect to hear "they're for me".
    As far as I'm concerned, the main benefit of the nylon "footies" is that they facilitate the slipping into (and out of) shoes while one is trying them on - no more, and no less. Beyond that, they are simply a form of "feel good" window dressing, and provide no discernible barrier properties. Anyone who thinks that they protect either the shoe or the wearer from the possible transmission of a foot fungus or other type of communicable infection is only fooling themselves. They are nothing more than a glorified knitted mesh sieve when it comes down to it, which is also why a secondary use for pantyhose is as a strainer for paint or the like.

Banned Read only

Red face this Sounds Fun. Lets All go Crash a Store

with overwhelming crossdresser purchases.

especially if they are not use to it.

XD is the secret crossdresser intials on a chain .
    we have are secret symbol that's not obvious.
    Last edited by summerbunny; 04-11-2016 at 01:44 PM.

i think you did the right thing...own it and enjoy it

Silver Member
    A couple of years ago, I needed some loafer type 'tennis shoes'. At Wal-marts, in the women's shoe dept, I tried on a pair. An SA told me that the men's shoe department was 'a couple of aisles over. I replied that my feet are too narrow for most men's similar shoes. She smiled and wished me a good fit.

Good for you for 'owning it'! I have noticed how much better I feel inside when I decide to 'own it' in such circumstances, rather than fumble around trying to make up excuses. It makes me and my resolve stronger and mor confident.
    Well done!
    Di

Ive done the same the same thing in Pay Less shoe stores around here. There is no reason to hide the fact once you have your feet in the shoes and your painted nail in plain sight..LOL

I love that you said it. The world is changing, and the more that people like you are frank and straightforward, the more the world will continue to change, so that "girls" like us will no longer need to be afraid to be seen as who we really are. And for you individually, didn't this break the ice, so that it will be easy to say something similar next time?