Thread: Happy Dayz

Happy Dayz

HAPPY DAYZ POST (A Little Long)

As you would expect, a name change brings lots of individual projects to the fore. I'm saving the best for last 'cause that's when it happened.

I have already told you about my very pleasant experience at SSA. I'm still a little bit in awe with that contact and how well it went. Next to the DMV. Not quite as speedy as the SSA but nevertheless I left with what i came for. A new drivers license with my new name, a picture of the new me and the much cherished "F" in the gender section.

Next stop was the INS for a new passport. Again, a bunch of papers to fill out but all went well.

I've been spending a lot of time composing my letters for various people. All had been sent except the last two------ to my children. They both live out of town and have no idea about this impending change in my lifestyle. The letter went out as an email early last Saturday morning. They are both very prompt in dealing with emails . I waited and waited and waited for a response. Nothing came until a telephone call from my son about 9:00pm Saturday night. As expected he was in shock but after a nice talk he was in the 6 range on a 1 to 10 scale. He did tell me he had talked to my daughter(his sister) and she was VERY UPSET. I tried to call her but she did not answer and I left a message. I went to bed and had a very sleepless night. Sunday morning I got a call from my daughter and it was like night and day. She was very supportive. Not at all what I was expecting. Well, it was the best outcome I could hope for, and put the cap on a wonderful week. Almost...........

Tuesday afternoon my doorbell rang and it was a delivery man with flowers------- for me. Beautiful flowers from my son and his wife. This is itself is a wonderful gesture but coming from him it is especially meaningful. This is not his style. He doesn't even send birthday cards. Needless to say I cried like a baby for a long, long time. The message with the flowers was especially meaningful We're with you every step of the way. Good Luck! We love you.

Aren't children wonderful.

Those are my Happy Dayz

Susan

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

How wonderful!!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Heart warming.
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

happy smiles :-))
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Wow what a nice story ,can we adopt your children? I wish my sometime in the future could be as goos as yours ,you are so fortunate to have children like that .
    hugs phlis anne

Beautiful story.... beautiful person.... God bless

I'd say that's testimony as to how you raised them, Sue. Congratulations. Lisa

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sue,

So glad that things went well . . . you have some great children there.

Cheers

Marcelle

Well, that just made my day!! So happy for you!
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Gold Member
    That is awesome! As far as the daughter, I can see where initial discussions with close family members bring out a lot of emotions and controlling it as much as possible to not let things get away leave time for the thoughts to settle and love and acceptance to come into the equation. It is sounding good and I hope that keeps evolving for you!

Sue Won

Very sweet !