Thread: Pool time

Pool time

I went to my condo pool this morning in my bikini bottoms for the first time. Went for a quick dip and sunned for a while. The maintenance guy happened to come by and we chatted. What was really nice was that he totally looked beyond how I was dressed and simply talked to me as a person. He'd seen me at the pool before but never dressed in girl clothes. It was really nice.

Yep people are changing, my local life guards / pool attendants are always friendly and chat to me
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Reality Check
    Bikini bottoms are not really different than "Speedos". I have a pair of my wife's black bikini bottoms that I wear sometimes when appropriate. Your condo's maintenance person is expected to be nice to the residents. It's good that he talked to you but I wouldn't read anything into it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    He mite have acted differently if u were wearing the top of your bikini, too------?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'd have to agree with Krisi on this one. Guys' Speedos are pretty much the same thing as gals' bikini bottoms UNLESS yours had god metal rings or ties at the side clearly marking it as female. Of course, the material itself might make a difference as well... you know... bright flowers or pink... something like that. Still, it is nice to wear something like that and not have anyone really care one way or the other.

Lacy PJs

same for womens "surfer" shorts swim bottoms. Looks just like guys but about 3 inches shorter at mid to upper thigh depending on your build. A tankini with boy-shorts also passes rather well. Thats my choice when swimming (I have a black one and a dark green). Wife bought me a camo tankini once. Top was spaghetti-strap and bottoms were bikini style. Not a very masculine style, just camo. Still wore it, just didn't jump in and out of the water much...

Hi Jennifer in co,
    "tankini" please elaborate sounds interesting
    hugs phytlis

Careful I bite <3
    It's a bikini with a tank top styled top. They are for gals that wish for more coverage in the mid section but have issues with one pieces (long torso, or just plane don't like them).

This is about as close to what I'm talking about as I can get on a quick search. Mine is similar but black with gray sides and top of the bottoms:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Womens-Girls...-/221326023226

I go to the local Holiday Inn pool and I wear a black one-piece suit. I think one day I got ballsy and wore my bikini. Nobody says anything. (well maybe one little kid made a comment to his mom)....Guess we live in a different world now. The locker room was co-ed and I acted appropriately. Just use common sense.

my pool time - here i am in the little red cover up my wife bought me to wear to the pool, then in just the blue bikini
    jennifer (11)a.jpg
    jennifer (2)a.jpg

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Well, I thought it was a very lovely story, and you tell it so well, and with such enthusiasm.
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...

I think bikini bottoms are more daring than they used to be. You almost never see anybody wearing a speedo anymore, where it used to be pretty common. I started with speedos back in the day. Wasn't long before I graduated to bikini bottoms which, like Krisi said, weren't much different. I had one (that had been my wife's) that had a big gold ring on each side holding the front and back together. Even left a tan line of the ring! I had to work to get that tan line! I'm not daring enough to wear one now, and I'm pretty daring.

I just don't have to nerve to go to the wisconsin lake beach, i go to, in a ladies' suit. Maybe some day, if a group of other CD ers are there, i will go back to the truck and get mine. Too chicken by myself, at six foot six, amd moms with kids all over the beach. Maybe i go to the beach on a rainy cool day, when no one else is there, except the park grounds keepers.