Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just graduated basic training for the army

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    BTW: Corporal Klinger was a crossdresser and he never got thrown out of the Army.
    ...and everybody on that TV SHOW did so many things that were contrary to Army regulations yet nobody ever got so much as a single Article 15 out of it...

Trying to predict real life based on a TV show is funny!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Congratulations what's the worst that can happen? Ask but don't tell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Its totally not worth it....
    I was in the Air Force and had to curtail my dressing for the time I was in.
    I only did it on leave and hundreds of miles away.
    If you get caught by your peers, there is no way out of the abuse by them.
    And, inspections are MANY as several have said and you will have no explanation for that frilly nightgown in the bottom of your trunk.
    Just avoid doing it for the time you are in
    Good luck!

Kaylyn,

First, congratulations on your graduation. I am sure you're looking forward to attending your job training and moving on to your permanent party duty station. There are only five MOS that do not deploy. A bus could hit you tomorrow on Post and you would be brought to the infirmary. You don't have to be deployed to get hurt, people drive like idiots everywhere and in every country.

Second, times have changed since the "don't ask, don't tell" rule was enforced. In the 24 years that I served in the Army, I knew several Soldiers that were either of the alternative lifestyle or were a crossdresser. most of them were great Soldiers and friends. No I never felt the need to turn them in because I felt then as I do now that it was their life, not mine. As long as their life didn't interfere with the safety of the mission or it's accomplishment I didn't care.

Thirdly... I didn't work behind a desk. So I could not indulge in my dressing needs as often as I would have liked to. It was a different time, with different people. From what I hear now the Army is a totally different climate and more relaxed. The senior NCOs that I knew complain to me a lot about how the Army is changing. So enjoy it. Be cautious, know the area you're in. Do Not Go Alone, off Post. The locals may not care about US customs. I went with a few of my Soldiers, that confided in me so they wouldn't be alone and get into trouble. Safety in numbers... Be careful around the barracks if there are combat arms Soldiers about. Most will not understand and you could get hurt.

Just be cautious, vigilant and most importantly don't leave without your Battle Buddy.

@--}----
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by MissVirginia-Mae View Post
    If you get caught by your peers, there is no way out of the abuse by them.
    !
    uh... you could tell your commanding officer or superior or whatever and they could inform them if they don't knock it off they're in trouble? like they'll get put on KP peeling taters or made to jog 10km in the rain and eventually booted out!

they're supposed to SUPPORT their fellow soldiers!

a working UNIT!

not abuse on another!

this is so bizar?

and sure there are clothing regulations... but when off duty? ... your UNDERWEAR?

can a female private be in trouble for wearing too cute of underwear that NO ONE WILL SEE?

(and if they do see it it is none of their damn biz nash just as commenting on your felling private's privates is none of your business?)

the whole thing is just bizarre!

the army or soldiers or whatever need to grow the hell up and focus on MUCH more important issues than their comrades undies... jeez!

Mink, thats a PERFECT world situation when your CO takes care of it....
    In the real world, it doesnt work that way, especially in the service....

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    uh... you could tell your commanding officer or superior or whatever and they could inform them if they don't knock it off they're in trouble? like they'll get put on KP peeling taters or made to jog 10km in the rain and eventually booted out!

they're supposed to SUPPORT their fellow soldiers!

a working UNIT!

not abuse on another!

this is so bizar?

and sure there are clothing regulations... but when off duty? ... your UNDERWEAR?

can a female private be in trouble for wearing too cute of underwear that NO ONE WILL SEE?

(and if they do see it it is none of their damn biz nash just as commenting on your felling private's privates is none of your business?)

the whole thing is just bizarre!

the army or soldiers or whatever need to grow the hell up and focus on MUCH more important issues than their comrades undies... jeez!
    Mink - The soldier who started this thread suggested that he wanted to wear panties and a bra while in uniform, on duty - not sleeping as you conveniently changed the situation. You criticism of soldiers and the military demonstrates a total lack of understanding of what it is like to be in a military unit - where everyone must totally depend on each other to survive. It is your buddy's business when they think you are not focused, that you are more concerned about panties and a bra than doing your job. Sorry, but everything a soldier wears is carefully designed and tested - to include footgear, outer garments, duty uniforms and underwear. Yes, underwear. A tight bra and silk panties are not the optimum undergarments for duty - any duty. If you have a heat injury because you are stupid enough to wear a tight bra that is "too cute", you adversely affect everyone else. Regulations require loose fitting, not too cute, cotton underwear, which is issued to all soldiers. Also, person's reputation is everything in the military. It has to be. You don't have a 9-5 job fixing computers or pumping gas. A military career is not the joke you make it out to be. It's not as bizarre as you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    Actually females can get in trouble, not sure of their standard issue.

Was talking with a young FtM Trans. We got to talking about the types of clothes that FtM Trans wear, and yes some actually wear men's clothes, not just male looking female clothes. When he was in the Army, would get in trouble for having male underwear in his stuff.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Undies are issued with your uniform and you can choose boxers or briefs.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post

BTW: Corporal Klinger was a crossdresser and he never got thrown out of the Army.
    MASH* was not real life...just a sitcom. And, Klinger was trying anything to get out of the army. Putting on a dress really does not make you a cross-dresser. There has to be a certain mindset to it. If I remember Cpl O'Reilly had an affection for a Teddy Bear. The MD's drank too much. And, there was too much sexual harassment too.

Hi Kaylyn, congratulations on making it through basic.

Thanks to all those who have served and gave you advice. So I'll defer to them and agree that you should not have any pretties in the barracks or on base. I also agree that even in a car might not be safe because your car could be searched. One thing I would add is to consider a small storage unit when the time is right.