Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who are the CD pioneers of CD.com......

wow...6/24/04. Makes me an "ancient one"

I joined in 2005. No wonder I have to use extra foundation. Time flies when you're having fun. And getting all dolled up is fun!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I spend a lot of time on FB now. Because it turns out Sherry's quite an exhibitionist. I had no idea when I joined here back in the day.
    And, I've met some of the most deliteful folks here. Both online and in person!
    I'm surprised I've lasted here this long. I seem to keep forgetting the rules!
    Fortunately, the Mods know I'm old, forgetful, but lovable.

A number of dressers who left here invited me to sites that were less controled. They were also as boring as watching paint dry!

Kudos to Tams and the mods here! They run a tite ship but there's no place else like cd.com on earth! Thank u all!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I think leaving your mark or making a difference is valued more then just being the first to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    ...............I would think the 'what's new' button back in the day was pretty light.
    light perhaps,but were still discussing the same topics...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyla View Post
    I think leaving your mark or making a difference is valued more then just being the first to do something.
    sometimes being the first to do something is leaving your mark, Orville and Wilber might agree as well as the vast others.....
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Mikell , Look below the avatar and that will tell you who the old-timers are.
    ....................... It's amazing how few active members are there
    so many signup and that was the last time that they ever logged on.........
    Isn't it amazing that we can have so many friends all over the world with just a click of the mouse......
    i had a thread about that topic when i first joined, even today, i try to welcome as many as possible, for most it is the only post......my reasoning is we are all so attached by our devises and social site that perhaps many accidentally out themselves, i was surprised by all the notifications from CD.com when i first joined before i corrected them in my profile....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Silver Member
    Virginia Prince, a true pioneer , was active in our cause probably before this forum came to life. Her publication of TRANSVESTIA was a major milestone in my development. . Do you remember her and her publication?

Interesting thread. I didn't know how long the site was active before I joined in 2009, so cool to know it was launched in 2004.

I still find this site interesting and fun. It is still very active compared to other message boards I've encountered. I understand that there are topics that come up repeatedly, but I'm OK with that. I can either read them or not, but I also understand that they are valuable to some of the newer members.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Virginia Prince, a true pioneer , was active in our cause probably before this forum came to life. Her publication of TRANSVESTIA was a major milestone in my development. . Do you remember her and her publication?

i dont know of it but will look it up, i had this info fall in my lap from the passing of my mom,

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=mom+caregiver
    ....Mykell

Great thread, it forced me to check my start date. May 2005. That was a very intense time for me, wrestling with how far I wanted to go on the journey. Ups and downs over the years. It does seem that in the past 11 years, transgenderism has certainly become more visible and the basic crossdressers, ( which I consider myself) are possibly a minority of a minority in the TG community.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    May 2005. Guess I'm getting old. Lol

2004 is 12 years ago but in the internet / interest of things doesn't seem that far back?

it's just the mid 00s!

I've been on one message board (music board) since 1999! [and that only started in 99... the website was from 1997!]

that's nearly 20 years!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-20-2016 at 05:19 PM. Reason: be nice. we don't make fun of people and we don't allow use of reigious names as humor

Wow, February 2005. I guess I'm one of the originals.. Although sadly my posting hasn't quite been up to the level of basically anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post

Then again, that wasn't the question
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by azncd View Post
    Wow, February 2005. I guess I'm one of the originals.. Although sadly my posting hasn't quite been up to the level of basically anyone...

just re-welcomed a girl from sept 2005, seems the UK and Australia were popular back then..... you can always catch up with posting, and sometimes folks just post nonsense that has noting to do with the topic just to bump up the post count or whatever....
    ....Mykell

I am happy they started it and kept it going....its been a lifesaver for me
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

It seems like I have been here for awhile. I do miss some of the conversations from years ago but still enjoy reading about what everyone is up to now.

I was in my 20's when I joined this forum. I am currently in my 40's.

I check in here about once a month to see if any old friends are trying to contact me, but I don't hang out on the internet, and I've found "discussion" is pretty overrated. So I lurk occasionally.

Jennifer in CO, you have me by 2 weeks and a day. So close!
    Last edited by Wen4cd; 04-22-2016 at 12:19 PM.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Mikell,

Still here, albeit 10 years later. I don't post much but I stop by for a cup of coffee every so often. Season in life change, but my appreciation for pretty things remain.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

member sine 2005 here and i "lurked" about for months before i joined

Never realized I too can be considered here with the oldies. Member here since May 2007, and all that time just a bit under 1.1K in comments.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine