Thread: Trans woman falls back in Boston Marathon

Trans woman falls back in Boston Marathon

I did finish but it wasn't as good as I hoped. I ran the first half pretty fast and felt good. However I found out about my changed chemistry in the second half. It was pretty warm and I ran a 4:01. I missed requalifying time by 1 minute. However, I did complete the Boston Marathon as a woman and I am proud of that. I promise I will be back. But first I have to heal from surgery!!!!
    Suzanne

You did great! Your time is secondary to having done it.
    I tried a four hour shopping marathon, and had to stop for lattes.

Run Suzie Run!! Congratulations on completing your second Boston Marathon.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Suzanne;

You did damn fine. Nothing to get down about. It's a new paradym this year and all good. Granted missing qualifying by a minute is a bit of a pisser with a personal and private hissy fit in there for good measure.

I'm proud of you and like Paula the best I can do is the airport sprint with a ton of baggage in heals. Perhaps that can be an event like caber tossing, etc. running ya not gonna happy for this girl if it's further then the length of an airport.

Great result and for a good cause!!!
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Jennifer thanks to people like you we raised over 1300 dollars in pledges for the HealthRIGHT 360 which provides health care and substance abuse assistance to trans women in San Francisco!
    Suzanne

Wow Suzanne, this is great. Consider what you went through in the last year....This is a fantastic result! Don't be down on yourself. Be proud!

Oh and the title was tongue in cheek reference to earlier thread. This was a fake headline!
    Suzanne

Suzanne, considering every thing you have gone through over the past year, I consider what you accomplished to be a great achievement.

Banned Read only
    Suzanne, maybe you caught the 60 minutes show last week that profiled a female Harvard swimmer who is trans and moved to the men's team. His most striking sentiment was that he liked winning but as a man, he's finishing dead last. He doesn't regret the switch just the finishing times:-)
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 04-18-2016 at 10:10 PM.

Yes no regrets!!!! I thought I had lost enough weight to offset HRT. I was wrong! Just have to train harder no smarter and lose more weight. However, SRS and BA may make that a long term project. Oh I do regret not having your legs Jennifer!
    Suzanne

Gold Member
    Look at all you overcame to do what you did. Changing your hormones and coming back and clocking 4 hours is awesome! It is a lot and I suspect long term training would result in far more improvements. BTW, I saw the average mile time for your last leg. I am still trying to get down to that on a treadmill for one mile.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I'm with Paula. How does anyone go 4 hours awake without caffeine?

But seriously, congratulations on having run the marathon.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Gone to live my life
    Hi Suzanne . . . WELL DONE! As you said you may not have requalified but you completed and that is no small feat. CONGRATS!

Cheers

Marcelle

Congrats Suz!! Well done, so proud of you! Look at all the other women that finished after you! You did really, really well. You are still adjusting to your new body, so it will take a bit of time. Now, the focus is getting ready for surgery....now there's a marathon!!! Be well!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Congrats I wish I had the endurance to do that 20 years of smoking (started quitting almost a week ago finally!) and some minor but annoying injuries to my legs while in the army makes doing this myself impossible.

Wow...Suzanne. Far as I'm concerned, finishing the thing period, makes you a winner in my book. Good job and congratulations!!

Suzanne, it looks like you shouldn't have too much trouble qualifying next time. Congratulations on finishing!

In my country, marathon finishes me. (My apologies to Yakov Smirnoff.)

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Yay! And thanks for running!!
    Smile! You'll always brighten someone's day, including your own from their return smile!

Banned Read only
    WOW, way to go Suzanne!!

Talk about an inspirational post!

Congrats! I walked the marathon course last year 6:10 hours as part of a fund raiser - just around 14 minutes a mile. I could not imagine running it in 4:01, especially hitting the hill in Newton. That is really fantastic......

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne F View Post
    I did finish but it wasn't as good as I hoped.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained. But, when you put it all out there, Stuff Happens!! No doubt, that was a Very Good effort.

DeeAnn