Thread: Call me crazy...

Call me crazy...

So just hit 60 days on HRT....
    My wife and I foster dogs (one at the moment), plus we have 3 of our own... And they have been ALL OVER me the pat two weeks or so... Like BIGTIME snuggly won't leave me alone when I sit down kinda thing, to the point where my wife is "jealous" (not really).

Anyone else find their furry friends acting different after being on HRT for a while?

I love it!!

Jane

Silver Member
    Wookies find me quite attractive, I understand.

But dogs? Nope.

Reine

This is a real thing. HRT changes your chemistry.

My dog goes crazy when there's a man in the house, he loves them. He acts completely different around men than he does around women.

He LOVES his mama but with dudes he turns into a little puppy. With me and my roomie, he's either a big snuggle bear or a fierce guard dog if he hears something. Man of the house and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Dammit,, I guess I must of past the test then with Smudge,, He liked me and wanted me to pet him all the while I was there,,lol,, Who would have thought!!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Can only speak for cats. Mine discovered that boobs are a great place to land when jumping a great distance.
    Other than that, he's just a big aloof lump.

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Dammit,, I guess I must of past the test then with Smudge,, He liked me and wanted me to pet him all the while I was there,,lol,, Who would have thought!!!
    LOL he's very friendly to everyone BUT I can tell you for sure that he did not read you as a dude because he would have been bouncing off the walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Honestly I don't think it is pheromones or a smell thing. There is no indication that there is any sort of cross species effect in the pheromones that we currently have available for dogs and cats so I don't really expect dogs would react to human pheromones per se.

My suspicion is it is more likely to be subtle behavioural changes. You have generally been far happier recently in your forum posts, less frustrated and seeing some progress and pathway forward. I would strongly suspect this is reflected in your behaviour at home and I would suggest that it is this that the dogs are likely responding to rather than a particular smell per se.

I have definitely noticed that having been on HRT now for over 12 months I am far calmer, much slower to anger, far less muscularly tense, and my movements are more fluid and less jerky. Animals prefer this and we have noticed this in our veterinary practice so that we now rarely muzzle any dogs and cat scratches are extremely uncommon in our practice. The animals seem to like it and the clients certainly love it

I noticed that once I started dressing full time at home and behaving as myself, my four cats treated me as they always have treated my wife. Previously, they acted aloof around me. Almost afraid of me. Now, they cuddle up with me and show me the same love they give my SO. It's so wonderful!! An upside to some of the downsides in my early exploration of this journey. It's lovely to sit with them and have them so comfortable with my company. It always broke my heart that they borderline feared me. No more, we're all good buddies now. Obviously, with no hormones in my system as of yet, this would suggest my look and mannerisms are the cause. I've witnessed my babies showing love and fear of both male and females. So I'm not saying it isn't the hormones, but I'm more with Kate.....I'll bet it's more about your presentation and behavior than the latter. Lisa