Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdresser.........sort of.

Zenlady,
    Yes indeed you are a crossdresser. I'm pretty much the same as I wear bras, panties and my preference of leggings every day. I don't own a wig or makeup. I have a beard. I used to worry about what people think of me but life is way too short to worry about others. I'm just happy to be able to do what I want whenever I can.

Yep you are a crossdresser. As am I. Sometimes it is just panties and bra under boy clothes. Other times it is full on wig and makeup or just a dress no wig or makeup. Just enjoy what you do.

I started for most of my crossdressing years without wig or makeup - I did not think it was necessary and/or not sure what to do with it and/or that I would just look like a clown.
    But with 2 years experience, I am hooked on how I can make myself now the person I had always dreamed of looking like.
    Hugs, Ellen

Reality Check
    If you are a man who wears women's clothes from time to time, you are a crossdresser. Or at least, you "cross dress". Some of us do it differently than others but that's OK.

I am a bit different from you as I like to "play" a woman as best I can. That means wig, boobs, hips, the whole works. We are all in the same boat though.

I didn't know the word crossdresser because I never thought I was anything but a guy that enjoyed moms lipstick and her girdles n hose. It all kinda started slowly at a very very young age. I was a rough a tumble boy but knew that silky feel was better than candy. Teenage years the silky feel gave me inner peace and help me thru puberty, then my college and working years helped me thru the stress and problems with my own family. They never knew except my lovely wife knew I enjoyed smooth feeling clothes against my skin. In retirement, family raised and just me and my wife I have started to explore more the deep rooted feelings I felt only in my young years, that's when I really started cross dressing with a passion. It does relax me, arouses me, and satisfies a deep urge that I've postponed with just the few articles of under garments I started with over 60 years ago. I didn't call myself a crossdresser or want to be one till I went all out and saw myself in the mirror feeling fully contented at peace in my soul. I still love being a male and won't ever be fully out but deeper down I know I'm a cross dressing fool. Its roots are deep inside me.
    Every one has different levels of it. Seek your own level and enjoy, no matter where you start, how fast you progress or the place you seek to halt the progression, just enjoy the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenladyCD5 View Post
    I like to crossdress, but........I'm not a "complete" crossdresser. When I say "complete", I mean passable as a female.
    Well then, under your definition, at least 90% of us aren't 'complete' crossdressers. The rest, well, it depends upon how far away we are as to whether we'll pass as female. Like car paint jobs; we say that a 20 foot paint job is one that looks great from 20 feet away. So me, I'm a 1000 yard crossdresser. At midnight. In the dark. During a total eclipse.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Zenlady,
    I'm at the same level as you, i.e.,, no make-up or wig. 4" heels, panties, pantyhose (yes, I like especially like black opaque tights), slips, 38C bra, breastforms, skirts, blouses, dresses and, recently add bracelets and necklace and scarves.
    Tina
    Tina

No you're not "sort of" a crossdresser. You're a crossdresser.

It's interesting that you mentioned that you don't know if you'll end up progressing to wig and makeup. So just take your time, enjoy the journey. And if you ever decide to try wig and makeup, there are great resources to help--this site included.

Hi Zenlady,

I am very glad that you posted this. I always wanted to write something along the lines of your message. In my younger years we were called "transvestites". And reading upon the subject of transvestism I thought that it was "required" that we wear all that women wear. So I tried shoes, necklace perhaps lipstick. None of that appealed to me. So in spite of some posters saying that we start simple and evolve into more elaborate dressing it was different for me. I abandoned items that do not appeal to me. I do not wear women's shoes, makeup, jewellery, wigs, brassieres as I have nothing to put there.

I never wanted to be a woman, behave like one or even look like one.

I have evolved into my present stage that I dress in clothes that I find more pleasant & comfortable, clothes that are considered "women's" but I no longer regard them as such. I wear them, and I am a man, therefore they are "man's" clothes.

Like some other posters I also have facial hair, which precludes me from going out and about, dressed the way I like to dress.

On the other hand, I have attended several crossdressers functions where I was warmly welcomed, beard and all, and had a good time interacting with other CDs.

After I joined this forum I discovered, to my surprise, that just about all try to emulate women, and do so very well, I must say.
    For a while I felt that I don't really belong here, but reading thousands of postings I found that even though I'm somewhat different there is an affinity present.

And encountering such a great variety of crossdressing types, from people like I, through "true" crossdressers, gender-fluids to trans-genders allowed me to appreciate the intent and desires of others.

For a period of time I did not consider myself a "true crossdresser" and searched for a word that would describe me, as "man-in-skirt" is an awkward construction and not easy to say.
    I have failed to find a proper word for it and therefore I am still a "crossdresser" and that's fine with me as it puts me in the same boat as those members here, whom I now consider "friends".

My dressing preferences are somewhat different than yours, but that is true of just about everybody else.

This is a very interesting discussion, as most of them here, are.

Once again, thanks for posting.

I totally relate. I still have the beard I have worn since I was in college (decades ago), but dress at home almost daily. I have fantasized about shaving, having a makeover and a night out, but am still quite comfy dressing en femme most of the time, presenting as male when I leave the house.
    Trisha

Hey, it's like what the lady in a roadside stand said when I bought one of her dresses in drab .... "Whatever floats your boat!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Platinum Member
    Hi ZenLady , The only rule for Crossdressing is that there are no rules.

For me it's all or nothing when I get dressed I love seeing that
    lovely lady in the mirror smiling back at me......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

You are definitly not alone here, I am the same
    I do have a couple of wigs, packed away someplace.
    That is how often I wear them, But from the neck down every chance I get.
    Only had makeup done once by my wife for a Halloween party, other then that one time.
    never had any makeup on.
    So every chance I get just an guy dolled up from the neck down.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I too stop at the neck. No wig or makeup. Tho, I do go out dressed femme. Love walking around in skirts and heels!

Banned Read only
    Zen, "Crossdresser" is a label, who cares if you are or not? I wear the clothes (bra, panties, skirt, cami/blouse, tights/leggings/stockings, heels), have naturally long hair, never disguise my voice or try to have fem mannerisms, and refuse to shave my mustache. Do shave legs, arms, and pits. The only makeup I wear is the occasional toe polish. Never care to try to pass. Don't have any forms and don't want any. Completely straight and quite happy being a man. Am I a crossdresser or a guy in women's clothes?

So no, you're not alone.