Thread: Has anyone walk down a church isle, in their wedding dress?

Has anyone walk down a church isle, in their wedding dress?

I love wearing my wedding gown and always wanted to go to an open church and walk down the isle. Even if a groom wasn't at the end waiting for me. I think it would be the closest experience, being a bride at her wedding. If I would get anything out of it, it be from pictures taken there. Has anyone done this in a church? If you did, how did you go about doing it? Was anyone in the church at the time?

Hello Robync
    How about finding a church somewhere, find the Clergy person ask them if you can take some pictures in there church as the bride walking down the aisle,
    you could make a donate to the church.
    just a ideal?

Carolyn xx

GOOD LUCK

Robyn, I was just married on Sunday. When my wife and I were planning the wedding, we decided to have a Saturday night party to help everybody get acquainted. I suggested that I appear as a bride and my wife thought it was a fantastic idea. Over dinner, we brain-stormed all sorts of ideas on what I should wear and had a lot of fun. The, reality set in and we decided that it wasn't a good idea. Still fun though. I compromised by wearing tanzanite ear studs to match my blue tie and my wife painted my toenails to match. I got a lot of compliments on the ear studs!

Banned Read only
    Robyn,
    I have worn several wedding dresses but never down an aisle, and certainly not in need of being married to a man.
    I will say that I photographed weddings for thirty years and often wanted to be one of the bridesmaids standing in their lovely dresses behind the wedding couple at the altar.
    On one occasion I was asked by one of the guests to stand with the group of five bridesmaids for a picture, I squeezed right in the middle and put my arms round the two either side in their satin dresses, I really did feel one of the girls for those few minutes.

I have several wedding gowns but have never walked down the isle. Then again I've enjoyed the company of many bridegrooms and honeymoon lingerie. Seriously, I'm engaged and will be married in may in Vegas. Yes I'll be fully dressed and he gave me the ring on one knee!
    Every inch a lady!

I have friends that were married in Provincetown, MA, both in gowns. If you are interested, contact the Unitarian Universalist Church there. And, it is a wonderfully accepting town to be out and about in.

Dee

I was the maid of honor in a 4H play when I was 9 or 10. The dress was a dark green satin, I think. It felt great and I enjoyed being in it in public. My sister played best man, but I don't think she "crossdresses". It wasn't in a church, of course, but in an auditorium. Another 4H group of all boys dressed as girls too that year, but I don't suppose any of them were ever CDs otherwise either.

Last year my GF and I were looking at gowns for me at thrift stores, but she soon turned against my dressing, so I didn't get anything. But I may one of these days, if I find a better GF.
    Last edited by LelaK; 04-30-2016 at 10:33 PM.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Pity no Robyn but I have worn a wedding gown and thought how lovely it would be to be the wife of a nice man. I still think that and it may be possible. Thanks for the thought, Jenny