Thread: Male To Female voice!

Male To Female voice!

Ok so I have a queston and not sure if this was right place for it to go. Here it goes! When you go out shopping dressed Fem do you use your male voice or do you work on your female voice?

I try to never use my male voice while dressed.

Banned Read only
    I try to soften my male voice but it is a male voice nonetheless.

Like others mine is still a soft male voice, maybe I get by with it, I don;t know.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

All I do is try to keep my voice up in my head and not let it resonate down into my chest or throat. That's the extent of it though. It's not going to be my voice that gives me away (unless people can't see me. ) So I'm not trying to make people think they're hearing a woman's voice, I'm just trying to make my voice not be jarring with respect to my presentation.

I've tried to produce a femme voice but as I don't get enough opportunities to practice let alone use it I like others tend to simply soften my male voice and try to use a more female "rhythm". That to me involves speaking ever so slightly quicker and with more inflection. However the danger is it can sound like you're in panic mode and trying to make a fast getaway.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I try my best to use a more female voice. It's a work in progress.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Banned Read only
    Developing a feminine voice will come pretty naturally for some, but most of us will need lessons and hours upon hours of practice to develop a feminine voice. I did a bunch with Kathe Perez' online lessons and one on one coaching via Skype. After all that, my voice passes now, and passes almost all the time over the phone.

It did not come naturally to me.

A lot of us who transition just give up on voice.

If I attempt to use a female voice I feel like I'm acting - and I don't wanna have to keep tha act up. The best I can do is talk like I'm talking to my dog, which sounds a bit more female! "Who's outside Lily?"
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I try to be as quiet as I can giving 1 word answers to people when I first have to interact with them. If they are friendly then I start talking in my male voice as I normally talk to anybody.

I try to femme up my voice when dolled up and out and about. Sometimes, I try to go all the way with it (using techniques I have read about) and other times I just try to soften my normal voice (which too many times on the phone callers mistake me for the Mrs.).
    I used to shop at this one cosmetics store a lot en femme, but the one SA told me she had no problems with my dressing (she also knew the male me), but she wanted me to talk with my normal voice. So, the place where I could practice my femme voice I couldn't out of respect to a great gal.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Banned Read only
    Anyone seen this video, seriously, I wish I could pull that off 😕

Return of "Girl Voice"" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/L1wNKjlfaK0

cool video....i have been reading the forum practicing my voice, you get a different perspective reading aloud, have to try this technique.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I always make my voice more feminine when out in public.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I always use my feminine voice when I am dressed. To learn there are some very good and helpful sites on the internet

I've worked hard at having a passable female voice, which I always use when out en-femme. It's good enough that I never get anyone looking at me oddly because my voice doesn't seem to match my girly appearance, and good enough to get treated as a female over the phone without identifying my gender. It's actually become difficult for me to use my male voice if I have my wig and makeup on.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    Developing a feminine voice will come pretty naturally for some, but most of us will need lessons and hours upon hours of practice to develop a feminine voice. I did a bunch with Kathe Perez' online lessons and one on one coaching via Skype. After all that, my voice passes now, and passes almost all the time over the phone.
    //.
    Do you raise the pitch or is it how you speak?

I have no confidence in having my voice pass, I need help. Like others I just try to speak softly. My natural voice is kind of mid-tone.

I have also used the Kathe Perez' online lessons, and they teach you how to adjust pitch and resonance, and also some on how to adjust speech patterns (what you say and how you say it) to sound more feminine. Pitch is just one component. Resonance is really more important.

Luckily, I have a higher register male voice. But it still sounds male if I use it. I use a method where you find the high and low range of your voice. You then find the middle and never speak below that pitch. Using the top half of your voice's range gives you're voice a natural feminine pitch with out straining it. It also takes practice to obtain female voice as there is more to it than just pitch.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    A lot of us who transition just give up on voice.
    I am one of those. My voice is kind of in middle. Most say it's fine. I have accepted it, and I think most others do also. On phone it can be 50/50, depending on mood when answer.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceera View Post
    Pitch is just one component. Resonance is really more important.
    What Ceera said!

There are a number of elements to having a feminine voice. Women tend to speak with a much wider range of pitch as they speak, and to speak more melodically. It's all really quite a lot to learn and master to the point that it's unconscious.