Thread: So Happy Lately

So Happy Lately

I have been floating on a cloud lately and I have to share. 2015 was a dark year for me. It started with my wife of 25 years having an affair, moving out and divorcing me. Then it got worse (job suddenly went to hell, friends died, financial chaos, and a house move). Through it all I took the moral high road, tried to do the right things and prayed for the wisdom and guidance to get through the storm.

It worked. I have my life and career back on track. I am financially stable. I've become more active, lost 45 lbs. and I am out of the closet to my two adult children. They have been amazingly accepting to my female side. In fact, they knew all along. 'Dad, we've seen your panties in the wash for 10 years, it's no big deal.' I was out to my ex-wife but it was always like walking on eggshells with her. Not anymore.

I am thrilled to be at this point in my life and able to shop for cute feminine clothes that fit (I've gone from a size 22 to a size 16). I can now easily buy things at Victoria's Secret. My daughter and I went to get pedicures last Saturday and I got my toes painted while wearing all female clothing and having my legs shaved. It was just fantastic.

I wear what I want when I want and I don't care what anyone thinks anymore. That is such a liberating feeling and it is so opposite of how my life felt one year ago. Hang in there if you are down. There is something better and it is up to you to make it happen.

Hugs,
    Deedee

Deedee, I am happy for you! I also went through a tough time and things do get better

Platinum Member
    Hi Deedee , It's like they always say, "When one door closes another door opens"

it sounds like it was the right door for you......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That great what a happy story, never give up when younthinkmyour going to be stuck rock bottom you start to float and it feels great, doesn't it. Good for you, keep on trucking. Lol

Thanks. I hate to keep talking about myself, that's why I post here so infrequently. However, I am trying to change and open up so this is helping.

Anyway, last week I bought very short shorts, tank tops, camis and yoga pants at Target from the Misses section and everything fit perfectly. I am shaving all of the time now so when I come home from work, I am immediately in full feminine clothing. I don't have to hide. All of the women's shoes I bought for years when I was married are now on full display in my closet.

I'll continue if anyone is interested.

Deedee, Congratulations on the positive aspects of the last year.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Great heartwarming story. Thanks for sharing, I am happy for you.

Congratulations on taking charge of your life - my prayers for your continued happiness