Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you cook like a girl?

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)

Do you cook like a girl?

Having been single now for a number of years, I do my own cooking. Alas, while I might experiment now and then, I admit to taking a more simplified (bachelor/bachelorette?) approach to making meals. I should be very, very ashamed.

(Meals do taste better when I am dressed, of course.)

My CD friends, do you most of the cooking in your household? Are you daring in the kitchen? A gourmet chef?

I would buy a cookbook collaborated solely by cross-dressers. A delicious variety of dishes to be expected! Ya' think?

It always seems like when dressed I end up putting a little extra touch on it. For some reason when preparing food dressed I position myself different, for some reason when I cut something I point my foot out or will bend more ladylike when dressed. I never noticed, my wife pointed it out to me.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    And HOW does a GIRL cook buster?

Billie, I never ate a "buster". How do you cook that and what the heck is it?

PS: I cook to survive. My attempts at fine cooking are not that good. So, I cook like a man who enjoyed and still enjoys other peoples cooking better than my own.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 04-26-2016 at 11:02 PM.

Banned Read only
    Mmm, I do love tuna and garlic on toasted bread with cheddar lightly melded (melted! damn you Google autoconplete) in the microwave...now that's gourmet girls!
    Last edited by Robin414; 04-26-2016 at 10:05 PM.

I have always loved to cook. Inside in my copper core AllClad cookware, or my vast collection of vintage Griswold cast iron pans. Outside I love cooking with fire on an equally impressive array of smokers and grills. Not sure where the girl comes in, but I enjoy cooking while dressed. Likewise, I don't have to be dressed to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaL View Post
    I would buy a cookbook collaborated solely by cross-dressers. A delicious variety of dishes to be expected! Ya' think?
    Easier and faster to just start a recipe thread in the lounge.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Oh god. I love to cook! The kitchen is my domain. The wife does the baking. But I do the cooking. I'm super picky. To the point that I have picked out all of the cook wear, utensil et al right down to the dishes, cutlery and the glasses. I'm super picky about what I cook and how it looks on the table. Heck. I've been known to go out and spend big bucks on a particular bowl just so the food I made was in the perfect contrast to set it off just right. I firmly believe you eat first with your eyes.

What do I cook? I love to experiment. I'll find a starter recipe ( and every recipe is a starter ). Then I do what I do. Make it mine. When I don't have a recipe. I think up a flavor profile and shoot for that. Now. They say you should t experiment on guests. Hot wash I say. Their perfect to experiment on. I also find that the more I cook. The easier and faster I can put together a flavor profile.

All that said. I'm not much for cooking on the BBQ. It's alright. But I love my kitchen more.

So. Do I cook en femme. No not really. When in cooking it's a genderless activity. It's about the food not the clothes.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I enjoy cooking a lot and trying new ideas.
    Big on fresh herbs and spices and use them in most everything I cook.
    I did a Caribbean steak the other day with steamed asparagus and wild rice.and did it all in my smoker outside.

Not sure how cooking like a woman (girl) is different. In the later years I did most of the cooking. Not too fancy as partner was a meat/potatoes woman. Not big on veggies, and all the herbs/spices I might use.

Now as she is dead I do very little cooking for myself, too much just for one.

Banned Read only
    Lydia,
    I do most of the cooking, cleaning, washing and ironing, dressed if possible.
    I don't usually turn to cook books , I usually experiment with different tastes but most of the time it's everyday cooking to put a meal on the table for my my wife and I.

Hmm. We have a love of food in my family. My mother was a great cook. I have a huge interest in cuisine and feel comfortable preparing the classics and food from all over the world, with a particular interest in getting fabulous taste through great source ingredients.

Two of my sons are wonderful cooks. There is nothing they cannot tackle in the kitchen. My father learned how to cook in his 60s after my parents divorced and he became outstanding in the kitchen too.

I do not think my dad and sons cook like a girl. They just enjoy cooking and eating well.

You mention cooking like a bachelor when you're on your own. I don't bother with elaborate cooking when I'm on my own either. I'm happy with yogurt & granola, or eggs on toast, or cheese, crackers and fruit. And if I reheat something from the night before, I even eat it in the pot to save on dishes.
    Last edited by ReineD; 04-27-2016 at 01:33 AM.
    Reine

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Some dishes are better the second day LOL
    I'm a left overs girl.

Hell-o Lydia,
    I'm not quite sure if I'd say I cook like a girl???
    I do know that I love to cook!
    Cooking is cooking for the most part! (most of the time)
    Although I am more apt to watch more of the
    female chefs on some of those cooking channels, they
    just seem to have a certain je ne sais quoi about them.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I'm a good cook; simple hearty dishes, stews, soups, well cooked plain unpretentious food. As I have been alone the last 5 years, I don't cook as ambitiously as I used to; cooking for one is more of a practical matter and I've had to cut down portions size because it will have to last twice as long and I don't want to eat the same thing for that long.
    I don't eat out very often; I prefer my own cooking.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

My cooking usually tastes the same whether I'm en femme or not.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Donnalee,

So, we wouldn't find you cooking dishes like these?

https://www.google.com/search?q=arti...sWnegG3tuFM%3A
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I've been single now for a number of years too, so I also do my own cooking. I wouldn't say I'm a great cook (far from that even!) but I do like to experiment though. But these experiments don't have anything to do with being in male or female mode. For instance I have never liked fish, I just can't stand it, and not even the prettiest dress in the world would make me eat anything that has lived its life under water!
    Love and hugs Jeanette

I do not think cooking is a gendered behavior - i have cooked for most of my life (started at age 9) - i do most of the cooking and some of the baking in our house

I cook food for nourishment and stay alive.

Very boring really.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

They say there's no such thing as a stupid question but "Do you cook like a girl?" is a pretty good counter-example.

My brother and I have both been cooking since our high single-digit ages and have continued to cook all our lives (we both in our 60's now.) Admittedly I'm TG but he is isn't - there is nothing gendered about cooking.

Long, long before I had any thoughts about my sexuality or orientation, my mom firmly believed that both her son and her daughter should know how to cook, sew, do laundry, etc., since after all, even a boy was likely to at some point in his life be needing to fend for himself, and not have a wife or girlfriend to do those things for him! Her own father was heavily co-dependent on his wife, and incapable of doing the most simple household chores. Mom swore her kids would never be like that! So I learned to cook and bake as soon as I was able to reach the kitchen counter with a stool.

While I was married, I did close to half the cooking in our household - and not just simple 'guy things' like grilled burgers and steaks. I have an entire bookshelf full of cookbooks, and know how to use them. Now that I am widowed and single again, I cook for myself and my daughter, and I am teaching my daughter to cook, taking up where my wife left off on that task. (And I also am teaching my daughter to sew, and all the rest).

Last night I made teryaki Chicken with white rice. A few nights ago it was pork chops cooked in pineapple juice with potatoes and onions, and applesauce on the side. A week or so back I made a raspberry cheesecake to take to a transgender support group's potluck function.

If I happen to be having a 'girly day', I cook en-femme. Probably wearing flats instead of heels, unless I am going out to a nightclub right after the meal. I try to avoid baking or broiling while en-femme, because I don't want the heat from the oven to damage my synthetic wigs. But for anything else, including using the backyard gas grill, my girl side will cook as well as my guy side does.

I often do the cooking in my house. Its only the two of us, my wife and I, so we typically don't do big fancy meals. More like chicken/pork dishes, some pasta or rice, and a vegetable. Almost all the time I cook in male mode. But the past couple of times I did it in girl mode. I don't think I did anything different other than being sure I didn't bump into anything with my boobs.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Of course I do....
    I make Reservations really well....LOL
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I usually dress too nice to cook in - but I do lots of canning, baking bread in bread machine, made the meals for 15 people for the holiday as wife had to work. Made a rhubarb pie while dressed last year.
    But I consider it a science - want exact ingredients, amounts, time, criteria, not an art. I was taught how to decorate cakes by my mother.
    Hugs, Ellen