Thread: Out and about:

Out and about:

I have been a secret crossdresser and somewhat ashamed of myself for many years.
    A couple of months ago I went dress shopping as a male. I would explain my purchases as a costume I was putting together. One of the salespeople said they hope i enjoy my purchases. I decided I would. A week later I went back wearing my purchases and had my picture taken. I also found I pair of high healed boots I really like, these, along with a rather slinky grey dress have become my "bar" outfit.
    I have found that shopping dressed is so much more enjoyable. Now I get to try on dresses to make sure they fit and browse the racks. No one seems to notice or care.
    I have also now gone to several bars. True I don't pick ones that are really crowded. I make it clear from the start I'm a guy in a dress. To this point no one has cared, and some have invited me to have a drink.
    It is so nice to feel I have the opportunity to be me

Sounds like it may not be much of a secret anymore.

I truely hope you move past being ashamed. Its alot more satisfying to love yourself.

aw what a lovely post Julie Marie. It is so much fun isn't it. I went out shopping yesterday for the first time in over a year and now I really have the bug to get out more. Yes work on accepting and loving that side of yourself, absolutely nothing wrong with it it is completely natural to you.

Very nice story. Of course you have absolutely nothing to ashamed of. A lot of us start out at this phase. Once you overcome it and come to terms with being a CD a whole new and wonderful world opens up.
    I wish you all the very best in your endeavors.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Julie,

Pack that shame into a cardboard box and store it in the loft, along with all the other things we don't need in our everyday lives.

I've gone shopping for stuff en boy and of course you get a few looks, but in girl mode, I feel great and trying on stuff alongside the other girls there is fantastic.
    If you lived near me, we could go for a few refreshments one night but I'm assuming you're in the States?

I would say, "enjoy your girl time", but it seems you already are .

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Just bought things earlier, no one cared, no one looked at me funny for looking at dresses. Even bought a few and took advantage of good sale deals.

Going out for refreshments sounds good. But,yes, I do live in the states.
    Julie