Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Because I crossdress,

Sarah7391 rather summed it up a lot the beniits I get from CD, expect that I don't post pictures, "I honestly don't really know. I know I like doing it. I look forward to the next opportunity. I like the feel of the clothes. I like looking feminine and try to look as pretty as I can. I love posting pictures on here and people saying I look nice. When it comes to changing back, I don't really want to."
    I can also easily identify with the last statement
    But I don't know why I like it. I just do."
    Me too. I love corssdressing. When out en femme, I feel calmer, and more relaxed. Tension disappears. I feel that I am my real self. It is also a means of escaping from male attire which I dislike wearing. This is a major benefit, wearing the clothes I like and am comfortable in.
    I too often ponder the question of the deeper reaons why I like crossdressing and have yet to come up with an answer.
    One other benefit is that it is a kind of protest against the androgynous style of clothing worn by GGs. I dress in a very cute, feminine fashion, mainly the Lolita style nowadays. I get some pretty interesting looks from GGs of all ages, including the little girls, who seem to look at me with as kind of confused feeling or longing. It is not uncommon to hear the comment made among themselfves, "That looks so cute!" They often say this to me directly. My sytle and theirs are at opposite poles.

All of these are some of the benefits I get. There seems to be almosst no end to them.

Enjoying the lingerie, bras, stockings, - you name it! The thrill of going out, and even wearing makeup. I just love the whole idea of dressing up and wearing so many varieties and styles of ladies clothing.
    I still do not know why I enjoy it as much as I do, but I've decided to quit trying to figure it out, and just go with it because I like it!
    Di

I agree with many of the above posts. My CD'ing has given me a real appreciation for how women look at their clothing and grooming choices. I understand the need for a mani-pedi regularly. I know why she needs yet another pair of shoes. I understand frustration with clothing sizes and how it actually looks on a real body.

Its also given me a better appreciation for some of the advantages I have as a male. Especially as a married guy, I have no responsibility for how I look when I go out. If I happen to go with a mis-matched shirt/pants, or a ratty looking shirt, other wives will think "How did she let him go out like that?"

Seriously, I also now understand why it takes women so much longer to make a restroom stop than guys do. Its more than just the plumbing. Its the need to adjust the clothing and check the hair/makup in the mirror when done. It all takes more time. I understand that.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I love to dress whenever I can because its part of who I am

I've definitely developed a more tolerant lifestyle. I can be kinda flippant with my tongue but the last 4-5 years when I was dressing more frequently I have become way more understanding. Understanding about the plight of LGBT people. Understanding about how women are treated in the world. Understanding about why clothes can be so fun and so overwhelming at times. Just become a better all around person.

I agree with Sarah's response, I don't know why but I like it.

I think the physcological benefits I get from crossdressing are twofold: First, it helps me unwind and relieve stress and second, it allows me to feel closer to my wife, I get to share something with her that is intimate and she accepts that part of me.

For me, it's mostly a better understanding of all the problems women go through. With the fit of their clothes, all the work involved in make up, skin and hair care, dangers of daily life, the urgency of finding a mate and having children by a certain age as well as the social pressures of those. Because I subscribe to women's magazines, I also get continually bombarded with articles about things that I sort of ignored, because I wasn't part of the problems: Glass ceilings at work and school, prejudices about their abilities and hormone caused behavior changes, physical intimidation and potential fear of their mates, etc.. A big one was shoes; because I've always had big feet, I never had the option of wearing heels for most of my life, there simply weren't any size 16 heels out there anywhere. So I just believed my GF's that the shoes 'didn't really hurt that bad', even though time and again at parties and formal events, they would shuck their shoes off when they could. I think that still, most men have no idea how much their SO wants them to massage their feet after a night out in those horrible heels.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.