Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maternity Clothes

Maternity Clothes

Have any of you out there worn maternity outfits? I have a few times, and with the right padding, it was a wonderfull expierence!

YES!!!!!!!!!! One Halloween I went as a pregnant version of my fem self to a g.g. friend’s Halloween party. I wore a maternity jumper and white button blouse (with padding of course). Everyone got a huge kick out of it! I, personally, felt so feminine. I was captivated by the idea of being in full blossom of “woman” hood. I would definitely do it again!!!!!
    PS I’ll try to find my pics from the party.

Tammy,
    You have my attention.
    I have never thought about it... but .... it would be an experience.
    What did you do? Where do you get the padding? How was your experience? Forgive me... but if people questioned my passing what would they do maternity?
    I must say, it is a very feminine thought.
    Love
    Stephanie

the sissy princess

Maternity

I have worn maternity clothes and it was a wonderful feeling. I was sort of heavy at the time (allright fat) and the maternity clothes fit perfectly and were so comfortable. Then I lost weight and have not done it for awhile, but it was a wonderful experience.

Gold Member
    No way!!!!!

This is going too far!!! This one is only for the gg's. Be fathers, that is what you are!!!

I remember reading a web page of a CD who did this as an experiment. She said that it increased her passability, but...she said the increased attention from comments "oh when is the baby due" etc was unnerving and felt weird and she never did it again.

Personally I wouldn't do it. And I don't think others should either. It's "crossing a line"

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Now there's an idea!

My wife has said innumerable times that she wished I could experience being pregnant. Of course, she didn't mean with padding. She wanted to me to experience the weight gain, back pain, digestive problems, etc. She said giving birth was the easy part!

Nancy
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Our daughter came home from the hospital around Halloween. Our good friend was having a costume party that we wanted to go to. I wanted to get dressed up so bad that I dressed in my wife's dress with a pillow. (This would actually be the first time that I dressed fully and left the home. I was and still am closeted). My friend saw my wife enter their home as a witch carrying our daughter as a pumpkin and then honestly wondered who the girl was that she came with. It also gave me the chance to experience, on a small scale compared to what women really go through, how hard it is to bend over or do things with a belly. We actually had them over for dinner recently and they brought the subject up. My wife said that I make a beautiful girl.

I have had a few "maternity" dresses that I found fit me better than regular ones. They are more accommodating to a male who definitely does not have an hourglass figure.

Being plump I too find that a Maternity dress is very comfortable over a pair of panties to wear about the house.

Many years ago in the UK there was a series of adverts featuring a man in his 20s made up to look as if he was in the second trimester of pregnancy. There was also a device known as the "pregnancy belly" a strap on contraption for a man to wear which as supposed to emulate the physical effects of being heavily pregnant, the idea being to lead the man to empathise with his pregnant partner.

I did ask a female friend who is in the know and approves of my being a CD what it felt like to be pregnant when she was herself at 36 weeks and she said that she felt huge, ungainly, awkward, had to pee frequently and most of all was very constipated! Although a lot of "wanabe" females crave a female body I wonder how many would really want to have the following aspects of being a woman, menstruation, and its eventual end the menopause with all its attendant physical unpleasentness ,and pregnancy especially in the third trimester?
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Pregnancy

I have fantasized about it many times--about the appearance, the ungainliness, the pressure on internal organs, etc. I am fascinated with the idea and would try it. I would say to the comment that it's crossing a line, that of course it is. We're crossing lines all the time. I think that I would feel another level of femininity and probably empathy for real women who are or have been pregnant. I've thought about getting one of the "empathy belts" that simulate pregnancy, apparently with very realistic effects. My purpose would be to experience these physical feelings and to learn a bit more about my body and my being.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by kittypw GG
    This is going too far!!! This one is only for the gg's. Be fathers, that is what you are!!!

Why is it going to far? If a cder enjoys playing pregnant, so what. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, what do you care? And no, I'm not a father.

I tried on one of those Pregnant vests a few years back and was told I should try to wear it for several hours just to see how a mother would feel with the added weight and size. They even popped a maternity dress on over the top of it for laughs, everyone said they thought I looked to good to be in it, it was a rush and it really felt exciting to wear it even though, I only wore it for maybe a 1/2 hour. Somewhere I have a picture of that, I will have to try to find it to post.

You know, how about pass a few kidney stones to see what giving birth is like, or swallow a bowling ball..... jeez...... you can't bloody feel what it's like just because you 'wear' maternity clothes.... omg...

DanaJ said so
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 02-22-2006 at 08:39 PM.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I have to go with the GG's on this one. while my belly sticks out far enough to look pregnant en fem, i think there are just some things that we need to lay off of. Pregnancy is a very special and emotional time for woman. If available for the father as well. i just can't think to step on GG's feelings that way, it is somewhat garish and selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by nancy58
    My wife has said innumerable times that she wished I could experience being pregnant. Of course, she didn't mean with padding. She wanted to me to experience the weight gain, back pain, digestive problems, etc. She said giving birth was the easy part!

Nancy
    Been following this thread with great interest...particularly with the diversity of responses....and trying to ascertain in my own mind how I feel about this subject...being a genetic male, a CD, and TG. So...here goes...

The genetic male in me certainly sees the GG's point of view on this. I mean this really IS their territory after all. It IS a very special and emotional time for them. My feeling on this...if I were a GG who was pregnant or was already a mother, and came across a CD doing this...I'd be pissed and would no doubt feel that I..as a pregnant female...was being mocked here. I would definitely feel that the CD had "crossed a line" here. That's my take from this perspective.

As a CD/TG...in many eyes...certainly society's in general...we are always crossing a line by the very nature of what we do. We want to emulate women. We try to identify and empathize with them...and certainly in this instance...perhaps OVER-empathize with them. Exploration is second nature to this activity....and those who aren't CD's...whether you agree with the practice or not...are not likely to understand why the CD wants to explore these uncharted territories. The CD...in this regard...cares little about whether others would understand this desire or not really...they just know that it is something that they want to do. IMO here, I don't believe that they would see this as "mocking" women or pregnancy...just as something they see as a totally feminine experience that they would...in some way possible...like to emulate.

All that said now...whether or not it is done just for fashion or fit purposes...or to actually experience the "experience" in some way...doesn't really matter. Hey..whatever floats your boat...you know? Not something I personally feel the need or desire to do myself...but I certainly would be the last to condemn anyone here who does it.

One last thing I would like to say though in closing. I AM a genetic male with male brain wiring, yet I do have very strong feminine feelings and emotions inside. While I KNOW that I am not a GG or a TS, I do believe that I am somewhat dual gendered...TG...if you will...and while I'm not generally fond of labels, I find that they do help with explaining how you feel that you are in this regard. I have been CD/TG since the age of 12...I'm 54 now. I know I'm never gonna be a GG...not in this life anyway. I'm never going to know what a period feels like, PMS, the cramps and all that's associated with it. I'm not going to ever know what it is like to give birth either. Oh I have asked women what it feels like. My aunt gave me two descriptions that I have never forgotten either: 1. Think of it as passing a watermelon...and 2. Take your lower lip and pull it up over your head! I'll leave that to the GG's here who have given birth to comment on the accuracy of the pain level associated with those two descriptions! Bottom line for all of us who aspire, who dream, who long to be women...only THEY know what it's really like...both the positives AND the negatives...much like we as CD's, TG's, and TS's only know what THAT is really like. THAT'S the reality we all live...everything else is only make-believe.

My very long 0.02here!

Haley Pink~

Maternity clothing!

I've been told that some of these tops with a little lace added make very nice baby dolls to go with frilly panties to romp around home.

Never done it but might be a thing to look at if you sew clothing.

Haley

Haley Pink~

Hmmmm?

What about Drag Queens? They dress that way all the time, to push fun at women, HUH? I would not think it's done to cause anyone harm! HUH? Just as a form of entertainment, maybe HUH? I think people make to much of some things.

Good Thred.

Haley

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineRenee
    Been following this thread with great interest...particularly with the diversity of responses....and trying to ascertain in my own mind how I feel about this subject...being a genetic male, a CD, and TG. So...here goes...

The genetic male in me certainly sees the GG's point of view on this. I mean this really IS their territory after all. It IS a very special and emotional time for them. My feeling on this...if I were a GG who was pregnant or was already a mother, and came across a CD doing this...I'd be pissed and would no doubt feel that I..as a pregnant female...was being mocked here. I would definitely feel that the CD had "crossed a line" here. That's my take from this perspective.

I have no wish to change sex far less to suffer the pains of childbirth and am quite happy to be a male who enjoys both the comfort and sexual thrill of wearing women's clothing in private. However, I feel that to speak of "crossing lines" is a bit judgemental and out of place on this Website.

The moment any of us tries on a pair of panties or a skirt or bra, stockings, tights (pantyhose) etc , enjoys it and continues doing so- we cross a line. [I discount the boy or man who tries on female clothing once out of curiosity and doesn't do so again or he who does so for a dare, a stag night, fancy dress, halloween, Rocky Horror Show etc but would never think of dong so on ordinary occasions.]

By wearing female clothes, whether only panties under our male trousers or by going out completely en femme and anything in between we have transgressed a barrer imposed by the society in which we live and which in Judeo-Christian Culture goes back to the Old Testament, we have crossed the line, and by those principles are considered to be different and alas in some cases still suffer at the hands of the bigotted as a result.

Personally, I have no problems with "crossing the line", some others have guilty feelings. I consider this line to be an artifical and arbitray one, and one which is in some circumstances waived by the same Society when it suits , e.g Scots Soldiers in kilts, the right of males in some ethnic groups to wear garments which in other circumstances would be considered as long dresses or skirts, the cassocks, albs etc worn buy some Clergy, the silken hose and gowns worn by (British) Judges.

In effect a CD or TV , having recognised and accepted themselves as such, then sets their own limits and as far as their personal home and work situation will safely permit, will act as they wish. To my mind wearing a Maternity Gown and even going to the extent of an empathy belt etc to simulate the outward appearance of being pregnant, is no different from wearing a padded bra or better still breast forms etc and dressing as a schoolgirl, or an airline stewardess, or a nurse, a nun or some other female role model or icon.

Where things are to me different is in the case of the Transgendered male who wishes to be surgically re-assigned as a woman. Modern surgery can work wonders and certainly the images silicone enhanced breasts and surgically created vaginas that I have seen on TG websites on the Internet are to external appearances as good as those of a biological woman. However as yet they are not able to perform transplants of the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus and I doubt that this will ever be attempted so for someone born as a biological male I fear that to be surgically altered and then be able to ovulate, conceive, carry and subsequently birth a child is likely to be an impossible dream for the forseeable future.
    Last edited by Helen MC; 02-23-2006 at 02:20 AM.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by HaleyPink2000
    What about Drag Queens? They dress that way all the time, to push fun at women, HUH? I would not think it's done to cause anyone harm! HUH? Just as a form of entertainment, maybe HUH? I think people make to much of some things.

Good Thred.

Haley
    Yes people do Haley. With respect to drag queens...they do go over the top. I don't think that most GG's would equate a drag queen with a person trying to emulate them anyway. I certainly don't have any problem with them myself...they are who they are. I don't think that they are, or should be, the standard-bearer for our community...however the stereotype...because of their visibility and outrageousness...does exist within various circles of society. And yes...it IS a form of entertainment. I would be interested to read more opinions from our GG members here on this entire subject matter.

Good discussion thread indeed!

Smarter than I look Jenny Warren's Avatar
    As a male with (I am told, even by those who dont know I crossdress) a very strong feminine side I would like to point out two things here.

If a man dresses as and takes on the persona of a woman, assuming that they make an effort to look realistic rather than a parody, that will mostly be viewed by women as a compliment.

If a man dresses as a pregnant woman, the majority of women who have actually been pregnant will feel he is taking the p*ss.

Imagine this, you go out shopping dressed as a pregnant woman, (you are LESS likely to pass) and you are stood in the checkout queue next to a lady who recently (in the last year, say) lost a baby.

HOW DO YOU THINK SHE'S GOING TO FEEL?
    (God help you if her husband is with her)

Crossdressers want acceptance, so they shouldn't do unacceptable things.

Finally, the days when pregnant women get a seat on the bus are long gone.

Jenny
    Some days are a total waste of make-up

www.womaninside.me.uk

I didn't mean to open up a can of worms....but....

As far as crossing a line.....my god.....we are men who who wear dresses!!!
    If you are wearing breast forms you have crossed the same line, as breasts are for feeding babies

Smarter than I look Jenny Warren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Barclay
    I didn't mean to open up a can of worms
    Don't worry, a friendly discussion with opposing points of view is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Barclay
    As far as crossing a line.....my god.....we are men who who wear dresses!!!
    If you are wearing breast forms you have crossed the same line, as breasts are for feeding babies
    That's a fair point, I never thought of that.

Should we all be teaming up with 'adult babies'? Rusks anyone? :cheeky:

Jenny
    Some days are a total waste of make-up

www.womaninside.me.uk

I have to say, it just feels wrong to me. Crossdressing is one thing, wearing a bra and forms, still makes sense if you want to pass as a woman as they have breasts. But going out pretending to be pregnant, I feel that crosses the line. This is one of the most special events in a woman's life, I don't suppose for a minute to appreciate how important and I just don't see how pretending to be pregnant is complimenting women or flattering them. As well, I doubt highly a man dressed like a woman pretending to be pregnant will get much positive attention. I also feel it trul is an insult to women to trivialize pregnancy, looking pregnant is nothing like being pregnant, all the emotional and physical changes that come with being pregnant. Please remember, this is my view and I am in no position to qualify it, just a view point.

Julia
    Last edited by Julia Cross; 02-23-2006 at 11:10 AM.