Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maternity Clothes

The whole point really is this... you can NEVER feel what it's like to carry a baby. You shouldn't be emulating this, it is taking the piss. It is the one thing only a woman can do, I feel that it is shameful for a man to try and pass themselves off as a pregnant female.

If you want to feel what it's really like, strap a bowling ball to your stomach for nine months, punch yourself in the stomach, get someone to kick you in the back daily and last of all, make yourself sick every morning. This is a special thing between mother and baby

And for HaleyPink, please don't compare expectant mothers to drag queens, that really is bloody insulting. And I sure as hell hope that those that do it aren't doing it to 'push fun at woman' as you so stated!!!
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 02-23-2006 at 11:12 AM.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Banned Read only
    [SIZE=3]I'd like to feel what it's like to be pregnant. Just part of who i am i guess. I have 3 kids already so i don't know if i want any more anyway lol. As for emulating it i don't see any point to it. Just a tease.

Drag Queen lol....I see what you mean Tamara.
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG
    The whole point really is this... you can NEVER feel what it's like to carry a baby. You shouldn't be emulating this, it is taking the piss. It is the one thing only a woman can do, I feel that it is shameful for a man to try and pass themselves off as a pregnant female.
    I guess that I don't understand your point of view. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't get it. A male crossdresser is never going to know what it feels like to really be a woman so, why is it ok for them to try and emulate a woman but, not a pregnant woman? It would be like telling a female cder that it's ok to wear a strap on as long as it's not the kind that ejaculates because, that's going too far. If you want to know what it feels like to have testicles, try getting punched in the stomach so you can feel what it's like when you accidentally bang them into something.

Shannah,

Your point is well made, however I just don't think it is the same. Pregnancy is something sacred, and it emulating a pregnant woman just seems like crossing the line. Sure you have the look, but that's all, none of the emotions or physical hardships that go along with it. I don't get why one would feel this is necessary to emulate.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by Shannah
    If you want to know what it feels like to have testicles, try getting punched in the stomach so you can feel what it's like when you accidentally bang them into something.
    This thread has bugger all to do with testicles

Obviously you don't get it, you can never understand, because you are a man. Emulating a woman is a bit different to emulating a pregnant woman. It is sacred, it is a life growing inside you, each movement different. You can't understand laying there each night wondering if this little person growing inside is alive and healthy. Nine months of struggling with the pain, the sickness, miscarriage, still birth...... understand now? understand how seeing a guy emulating a pregnant women is just out of line? Maybe I should just kick you in your testicles to show you how much this kind of crap hurts a woman!
    Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Cross
    Shannah,

I don't get why one would feel this is necessary to emulate.

Julia
    Well, neither do I but, I don't come to this site to judge others or to try to say where lines should be drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG
    This thread has bugger all to do with testicles

Obviously you don't get it, you can never understand, because you are a man. Emulating a woman is a bit different to emulating a pregnant woman. It is sacred, it is a life growing inside you, each movement different. You can't understand laying there each night wondering if this little person growing inside is alive and healthy. Nine months of struggling with the pain, the sickness, miscarriage, still birth...... understand now? understand how seeing a guy emulating a pregnant women is just out of line? Maybe I should just kick you in your testicles to show you how much this kind of crap hurts a woman!

A little "teste" are we. OK, maybe that wasn't the best analogy. I know I don't get it, I stated that in my first sentence and as you said, I will never get it because, I'm a man. So why the hostility? It's not my fault I have balls. I might not understand but, that doesn't mean I'm not an unsympathetic person. Just trying to understand your POV.
    Last edited by Shannah; 02-23-2006 at 06:24 PM.

Gold Member
    One strange thread here

This thread is getting way out of control. We all need to agree that until medical technology gets to the point where a man can become impregnated, which by the way i am not in favor of, and which is a discussion for an entirly different thread; that we as men acting like woman will never understand the full extent of what it is to be a woman.

Behaviors are easy to emulate. So are physical descriptors such as breasts and the physiche of a pregnant woman. We however are not able to take on the role of that which we try and depict. Tamara is right. This has absolutly nothing to do with getting "racked", but everything to do with emotions. I see little in this thread that is empathic or sympathetic. All i see is naive selfishness. Men so involved in themselves that they would take away the only thing that GG's have to themselves.

I also must again point out that child birth and pregnancy hold special tyes to not just the mother but to the father. That is why children are best raised by both. As men, which face it we are, we should realize that our children will need a mother and father to be best equiped with life. We as men can feel a special bond with not only the child but our children's mother through [her pregnancy, we should cherish this, not degrade the meaning by wishing we could be the other half of the equasion.

As for Drag Queens, if they are doing what has been proported to be done than i have no use for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliann
    This thread is getting way out of control. We all need to agree that until medical technology gets to the point where a man can become impregnated, which by the way i am not in favor of, and which is a discussion for an entirly different thread; that we as men acting like woman will never understand the full extent of what it is to be a woman.
    That's the beauty of it, we don't all have to agree. Every one's entitled to their own opinion and we should be able to have mature discussions about issues without people getting all pissed off.

How can you compare having balls to childbirth? That's just

I'm done with this thread
    Administrator

Oh dear we all seem to be having a "Hissy Fit!" Calm down dear, it's only a Forum!

Let's cut away the cackle. Even a born man who has had full re-assignment surgery and is taking female hormones is not able to completely copy a born woman in certain aspects. Correct me if I am wrong but they will not be able to Lactate, unless a large dose of Prolactin will achieve this and they do not have the requisite organs to Ovulate and become Pregnant . They can't Menstruate either. That's it folks.

I cannot begin to relate to the emotional side of Pregnancy and Motherhood and I have never fathered any children and never will. I certainly have never fancied the idea myself!
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannah
    Why is it going to far? If a cder enjoys playing pregnant, so what. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, what do you care? And no, I'm not a father.

It is going too far because that is a touchy subject.....especially for those members (GG's) who cannot have children, have lost babies or are having trouble conceiving........it is mocking pregnancy and I feel it is not right

Even if you PLAYED the part, it isn't going to EVER get you the feeling of being pregnant....at all ....ever!!!!

I just think this is way too touchy of a subject.....

My opinion.....

Maybe show some compassion and consideration for that aspect of a GG's life, afterall we try our best to accommodate you gurls ......

Sorry if I sound bitchy but that is not even a touchable subject as far as I am concerned.....

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

Platinum Member
    some lines are better left uncrossed...nuff said....

Aspiring Member
    I haven't read the whole thread - when I saw the thread header i assumed (wrongly)it seems that some would wear maternity wear cos they are the only clothes that would fit!

We read so much on here about how we want GGs to understand CDers and to accept us - so why can't that be reciprocated? both Tamara and Tammy are suggesting it its several steps too far, and in my opinion I agree with them.

To "pretend" to be be pregnant is nonsense - I'm not a Cder, I'm TS (non -op at this stage) - but to my mind the thought of parodying a female is not on for a cd'er or any on the scale, and make no mistake that's what it is a parody.

So please, respect our GGs - those that accept and understand are few and far between - listen to their concerns please, don't be so selfish!

Dear Ladies,
    I certainly don't mean to hi-jack this thread but wanted to add and compliment everyone who posted here.
    It is a joy to have a place where I/we can express our views, thoughts (some fully baked, some 1/2 baked - mostly mine), emotions and inner feelings and not get our face slammed in a door. If I wanted that, I just have to step out side into the world that has no understanding of my cding. Really, for me, there is no other arena or place for me to really talk as Stephanie to other girls but here at cds.com and with each one of you.
    I sensed an appreciation/respect for differing views on this 'touchy" subject which I valued and appreciated from each one who contributed. I recently heard a quote: " It is the weak that is cruel. Only gentleness can be expected of the strong". Thank you all.
    Sincerely and love,
    Stephanie

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah_UK
    I haven't read the whole thread - when I saw the thread header i assumed (wrongly)it seems that some would wear maternity wear cos they are the only clothes that would fit!

We read so much on here about how we want GGs to understand CDers and to accept us - so why can't that be reciprocated? both Tamara and Tammy are suggesting it its several steps too far, and in my opinion I agree with them.

To "pretend" to be be pregnant is nonsense - I'm not a Cder, I'm TS (non -op at this stage) - but to my mind the thought of parodying a female is not on for a cd'er or any on the scale, and make no mistake that's what it is a parody.

So please, respect our GGs - those that accept and understand are few and far between - listen to their concerns please, don't be so selfish!

I thought the thread was about better fitting clothes too..WRONG I guess!!!!

Thanks for your post, you are right especially about Us accepting you etc.....
    nice to hear !

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

GypsyKaren
    I just got this to say to any tranny who wants to "feel the pregnant experience", or whatever you want to call it....GET A GRIP! IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! GET OVER IT! There, I feel so much better now.

You know, we're talking childbirth here, it's not something you play dress up with, it's not a game that you can try out, so let's just leave it be what it is, and that's a part of a woman's life. Thank you so much.

Karen

I repect your opinons..thanks for sharing...

but

a) This thread had nothing to do with going out in public.
    b) It had nothing to do with wanting to be pregnant.
    And the single greatest thing I have had happen in my life was the birth of my children! And when my wife lost a baby 2 years ago, I was dying inside. And my occasinally wearing maternity clothes has NOTHING to do with that!
    What about wedding dresses? Some women feel a man wearing a wedding dress is crossing a huge line, as that is a very important moment in a womans life.
    What lines do we NOT cross? What about those of you who have worn a party dress or a diaper? Personally not my cup of tea, but I won't condem you.

My 2 cents

I have sat here and read every post on this thread thus far and I think that everything has gotten out of control. My opinion of the start of the thread was "looking" like a pregnant woman. As a GG, and a mother, I personally don't see anything wrong with CDers wearing maternity clothes.

I personally have gained quite a bit of weight since my last child, and still wear my maternity clothes. I don't wear them because they make me look pregnant, I wear them because they're better fitting and comfortable. I can see the point wear maternity clothes may be better fitting for men with larger hips or stomachs.

Now, when a CDer makes the comment about "wearing" maternity items to help them feel pregnant - that's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Not any amount of maternity items are going to help you "feel" pregnant.

I know that I'm really going to tick some GG's off with my next point - but please read it all before getting upset:

If a TS/CDer who would give ANYTHING to experience the FULL affects of being a woman ie PMS and pregancy - I have to sympathize on this subject just a bit. Pregnancy is a "woman only" subject. I believe that there are plenty of TS that would give their right arm and leg to go through the experiences ALL OF THEM. What do men have that women will never be able to have? Really, nothing - not special and as important as bearing a child.

I think that if a CDer or TS wants to dress as a pregnant woman in the privacy of their own home, reaching for the only thread that can do anything to put them in our shoes - OK. Who does it hurt? No one. For those that feel the desire to dress as a pregnant woman in public - I would be a little careful being that there are so many women out there that would take such offense. But I don't see any reason why you couldn't dress that way at home.

Although it's no where close to wearing a wedding dress - I saw a good point in that thread. A lot of women believe that that is a "women's only" subject also, but us being the great GG's that we are don't seem to have a problem with that.

Ok - my first post in a long time - probably my last for a while because of the crap this is going to cause, but I wanted to put my 2 cents in.
    Last edited by LaceLuvr's GG; 02-24-2006 at 07:03 PM.
    [SIZE=2]For those that wanted me to come up with my own unique name.....
    You can just call me........

SILK
    [/SIZE]

Ooooh interesting.

It's ok to emulate a woman.
    But only some aspects?

It's ok to want to be a woman?
    But only some aspects.

You either get it or you don't.

And a lot of 'understanding' GGs obviously don't get it at all.

What an eye opener.

Sad too.

And now...back to the original question...

After my wife bore our children, she packed up her maternity clothes for Goodwill. One dress never quite made the journey. There was this one piece dress that looked like a skirt & jacket. I loved when she wore it, and although the hem was below the knee on her, I made sure I slid it up well above the knee on me.

Fortunately or UNfortunately, (depending on how you look at it), the dress fit me perfectly. (Yes, that means I have a gut).

Me wearing that dress was simply because it would fit me. 'Acting' pregnant NEVER crossed my mind at all.

But that was the first dress I ever wore that I could still breathe while wearing it!
    Last edited by SandraInHose; 02-24-2006 at 09:35 PM.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Gold Member
    OK this thread has gone to far, even the add on top is advertising PJ's for the pregnant woman

GypsyKaren
    All right, I've had it! Call it abuse of power or whatever you want, I'm sick of this thread, I'm tired of watching it, so I'm closing it! So there!

Karen