Thread: 9 months HRT, again without a job, but happier as ever

9 months HRT, again without a job, but happier as ever

Hi everyone,

Just a little update.

Four months ago I mentioned I had started a new job. Sadly I had to quit two months ago. It just wasn't me, it didn't bring any fulfillment, and the time I had left at home for other things wasn't enough to change or counter that. Also my transition was asking a lot of energy psychologically. I already had explained my situation to the staff, they kinda understood, had no problem with me being transgender and in transition, even allowed me to come to work as I felt, but when I eventually asked to work partly from home, or at least part time for some time, I was suddenly not doing my job good enough anymore and they didn't believe that working parttime would help me. I'm on sick leave now untill september when I will start teaching again in my old school after two years of absence.

In good news, my transition is going well. My official name-change is being processed (it takes about 6 months in Belgium) and for about a month now I'm only leaving the house as Helena. I don't hide anything anymore and I really feel comfortable about it. I'm happy with myself, with the changes happening to me, with the image I see in the mirror, and with my hair that's getting longer and longer.

It's a hard road. You'll have more fellow Transwomen responding if you post this under the TS part of the forum though.
    Good luck with the process.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Wishing you well as you move forward

Good that the happiness is there. Other things will follow. Best of luck on your journey. I'm not TS myself, but I love hearing of other people's transitions.