Thread: Being the elephant in the room

Being the elephant in the room

Last night my SO and I went to a friend's 60th birthday party; a small gathering of her family and friends. Obviously I went in a lovely long skirt and 3" heels (and a matching top and shawl). Not a word was said about the clothing, not a word until I started talking about not having danced in heels before, so this was about 4 hours into the evening. Then finally some questions came forth, mostly to my SO about how she is ok or not about me going shopping/out and about dressed. I was asked if I had any trouble being out, and I said "no, people are sheep" - and they all nodded, sagely, at the truth of it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    Pamela,
    My father in law raised thousands of sheep as a farmer , I don't think he would have been very amused to be termed one of them, they are pretty stupid animals !

Did the party get going after that statement or totally fall apart, and did you get to dance ?

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    ...I said "no, people are sheep" - and they all nodded...
    that was funny!

I totally admire people in transition. I suppose once you know that's your answer then there aren't a lot of alternatives, but still it takes courage and flexibility. And humor, clearly.

Sorry, Teresa, , it takes a Ram to lead sheep. ;-)

The party carried on, but I chose not to dance, as while I'm not bad there was an international-standard competition dancer there, and, well, doing jive in heels in such a presence for the first time was too far beyond my comfort zone - yes, it appears I do have one. We did get to talk dresses though ;-)
    Last edited by Nigella; 05-01-2016 at 02:44 PM. Reason: No Politics
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er