Thread: Our evening at Hamburger Marys

Our evening at Hamburger Marys

It was requested that I report in after my excursion to Hamburger Marys in Clearwater. It started out on an interesting note. When my wife and I got to the hotel it turned out my wife had forgotten her suitcase. We were to go kayaking the next morning so we needed a variety of clothes. My first thought, "Well, I've got some panties you could borrow." She probably wouldn't have taken me up on the offer so I didn't make it but that's the first time we've traveled that I could have made that offer. I said I'd take her shopping and buy her what she needed. I certainly didn't want her stressed when I was taking her to Marys to give her a little exposure to that lifestyle. Besides I now like to shop and browse in the womens section. What a change from sitting in the center of a mall waiting for her. When shopping I couldn't help but check out different skirts and tops that I liked. She didn't seem to notice. She had packed a sexy green nightgown that I missed out on her wearing that night. When she showed me which one today I thought,"Oh, I've worn that before, I like it."

Moving on. We had 6:30 reservations so had a leisurely meal. Our server was gay and he poured it on thick. I guess that's what is expected there. It didn't bother us but I got the impression he was hoping to shock us old straight folk. The show was about what I expected but once I saw that it was ok to stuff the tip in their bras I was looking forward to that. The next gal for some reason didn't come by our table so I was disappointed. My wife seemed to get a kick out of watching the interactions between the girls and patrons. She's the kind that likes to shock people herself so she gets a kick out of seeing people being embarrassed.

One thing she was adamant about was not 'checking in ' on Facebook there. I was good with that too. Not ready to tell family or friends about my other half. I asked her why she was so worried about that and she said she was afraid my youngest son and wife wouldn't let us see grandkids. I don't think that would happen but their brand of religion would not be able to comprehend cding. Seriously! So we'll keep it under wraps which is ok.

One thing I did want to mention about our night out there was one individual that I did see that was obviously en femme. Mind you, I'm all for it and wish I had the nerve and opportunity to do that as well but....I was almost embarrassed for us cds letting my wife see her. She was elderly, which so am I, but she didn't seem to care much about her appearance. To me if you go out you should try to look your best or at least presentable. She had a gut on her that she didnt try to hide at all. I guess it's her right to look how she wants. I was just disappointed that I was trying to give my wife some good exposure to that lifestyle and she was the only example other than the performers which most of weren't all that appealing either. Mind you, once I shave my mustache and get all the way made up en femme I will not make a very attractive package either but I do have a corset or would get a good girdle if my gut stuck out like that. To each his own!

Overall, we had a good time and I can say that I've been to Hamburger Marys. We probably won't go again which is not to say I wouldn't go back with some cd friends some day en femme. It's something to look forward to but if you encounter me then and my gut looks like that please shame me by asking how many months before the baby is due!

Liz
    So never judge a book by its cover
    Or who you gonna love by your lover
    Love put me wise to her love in disguise
    She had the body of a Venus,
    Lord, imagine my surprise

Bulging bellies are a problem for many of us older CDs. I hate the size of my stomach but I also like eating. Glad you had a good time.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Thanks for reporting back Liz! Sounds like a fun evening.

Out of curiosity, did your wife have anything to say about the evening?
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Lol good report. My wife would have probably enjoyed watching the other folks as well. She is like yours in that respect. Since she doesn't want me to venture out dressed she probably wouldn't have enjoyed seeing a gut hanging out. Can't say I would have enjoyed it either. Lol I promise when you get old and I see you Liz with a gut hanging out I'll ask you how many months do have till the baby is due. Seeing you and you having a gut will both be highly unlikely. Sorry your wife didn't see the good side of us CDs though. Maybe next time.

No. She didn't really have much to say. After the show, my kayak paddle broke in the car. We rushed to buy a new one, next day kayaking in the company of others, then I left for work. Our work schedules have not coincided since then so there hasn't been much chance to talk.

I have brought up the whole cd thing several times since coming out and told her when she wants to talk about it I'll be glad to. Trying to let her move at her own pace. It's hard for me to remember that just because time has moved on since coming out doesn't mean her level of acceptance or understanding has.

Liz
    So never judge a book by its cover
    Or who you gonna love by your lover
    Love put me wise to her love in disguise
    She had the body of a Venus,
    Lord, imagine my surprise