Thread: Dress up time; last for a while

Dress up time; last for a while

With my son coming home from college on Friday, my opportunities to dress will be minimal until August as a minimum (and even then the heat doesn't make it real comfortable). So tonight was my chance.

I have been looking at pictures of others over the last 15 years or so, so I guess it's my turn to post. Can't really believe I am doing this...

I also bought the book Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin last week so this was my first time to try it out. Confirms again I need a lot of practice.

Edit: Sorry, don't know how to rotate the pictures properly....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love the purple. College kids sleep late. Grab your heels and do some laps around the garage with your morning coffee.

Jamie

I love that purple dress too and agree that opportunity will knock when you least expect it.

You look great! - you could give some of us lessons! Hope your opportunities to dress come sooner than later

Defo like the purple dress but I am getting a crick in the neck from looking at it the wrong way! I like the walking round the garage in heels idea by Jamie, two minutes in high heels and all the stress of life runs out of your toes. It's true, honest.

Sandy

Hidden me, please, don't hide anymore. You look great.

Great photos, thank you for sharing you should not have waited so long to share them with the rest of u.

I really like the third pic with the gray top and black skirt very natural.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

You look great Thei. I know the feeling as my Son was off work all week due to the weather. He knows about me but is DADT more or less. This is usually my time when everyone is at school and work. It does happen though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The purple dress is WOW!! I had to live in my van on a very conservative persons property once, and could not dress while there, but di put on hose in the van. Also stayed at another church older widows place, and could not dress, unless she was gone for a few hours. Some guys in the military, have had to drop dressing until they could get a place off the base, and even then be very careful to not be out around service people.

I know the feeling. Back when I was married, she knew, but I was restricted to only when she was out of town. That only happened a few times of the year. Now, it's whenever I get the urge.

I backed off for a time over the last two years, in an effort to find a suitable dating partner. That was waay harder than I ever expected. Women at my age have gotten entirely too particular. If I have to go it alone, I may as well have some fun.

Thanks for the compliments.

The purple dress shoes up more vivid in the photos than in person, because the purple reflects the flash better. It was my Christmas present to myself last Christmas. It was on the discount rack and I had a coupon for an additional 20% off, so it ended up costing something like $21. It's easier buying things at Christmas time.

The gray top I found at a second hand store. I was out of town (out of the US, actually) and it's pretty safe to assume no one knows you, so I rummaged the racks, found 6 or 7 tops to try on, and bought three. The three totalled about $12.

My wife knows that I like a surprise now and then, so every so often she will lay out an outfit for me on the bed; hose, underwear, outerwear, shoes. I had told her the night before I was thinking about dressing before our son came home, so I was pleasantly surprised to find an outfit when I came home Wednesday. It doesn't happen too often, but to me it's the "all clear" to dress (otherwise I generally try to do it nights when she is out). She did pick out the skirt, shoes, and stockings in the pictures. So she is tolerant, but I try not to push it too far.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhappygirl View Post
    Defo like the purple dress but I am getting a crick in the neck from looking at it the wrong way! I like the walking round the garage in heels idea by Jamie, two minutes in high heels and all the stress of life runs out of your toes. It's true, honest.

Sandy
    Usually the only shoes I wear in the mornings are my hightop basketball shoes (not my high heels) for the 6 AM Monday/Wednesday/Friday pickup games at the local Y). Still trying to lose another dress size.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    You look very nice -- lovely outfits!

I'm Timid Tina I too love the purple dress I'm sure you will find time and summer has nothing to with dressing buy summer clothing