Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big, crazy step

Big, crazy step

Hi everyone. I've been quiet for a while. But something big is coming up -- without going into a lot of explanation, my wife and I are taking an overnight getaway where I will be dressed the whole time. She is not yet accepting, but for various reasons, we're going to try this out. We've been doing some shopping together online in preparation -- and she's picking out clothes that *she* wants! lol We're close to the same size, and she's hoping to get access to them after the weekend. I'll give more updates as we prepare -- the getaway is May 25. She's not keen on taking pictures, but I'm working on it. Pray for us if you pray.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Wow, Kaley! I hope all goes well - please let us know how it turns out. Best of luck and have fun!

Platinum Member
    Hi Kaley , Now that the ball is some what in her court, Just go easy and don't overwhelm your wonderfulwife .....
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Best of luck Kaley. Hope your wife enjoys it and becomes more accepting.
    Part Time Girl

Wow that's sounds so cool, I hope everything goes well.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Anticipation can be sweet, but don't let it build to such a level that things don't meet your expectations or you want to press for more than your wife is ready for as well. Communicate and set your boundaries so it turns out to be the best possible experience for both of you. I wish you the best of times.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Kaley, That sounds like a great opportunity. Don't push the pictures, let her come around in her own time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Kaley I hope it goes well for you, it's very difficult on our wives to see us dressed and we need to respect that so I wish you well and yes will pray that it goes well for you both.

Prayers and Positive thoughts for you both, sounds like a fun time, enjoy your getaway. Sounds like you are very lucky Kaley
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Hope it works out for the best!

Hope it goes well for you both

Kaley,

My advice would be to plan ahead as much as possible. If you've not been to the area you're going to before, check it out on Google street view. It may save you from going somewhere that's not "suitable" for a CD'er. Also have a backup plan, something to fall back on should your SO get to a point were she's really not comfortable. Showing her as much consideration as possible will pay huge dividends over time.

Wishing you both a great time.

Helen
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hi Kaley,

I think this is wonderful and wish you the best on your adventure.

I want to second what Helen's said and add one other thing.

Your wife might secretly hope that doing this will "get it out of your system" and you won't want to do it again. From my reading, this isn't an uncommon thought among the wives. Mine was this way when I first went to Southern Comfort Conference in 2005.

All CD's know it doesn't work that way but that's what the women in our lives tend to hope.

I just want you to be prepared in case this is what she was thinking, especially since she's hoping to get "access" to the clothes after the weekends over.

Again, good luck and please let us know how it turns out.

Love,
    Linda W.

Good luck and I hope that you and your wife have a wonderful time!!
    Please call me Lisa!

I hope you and your wife have fun! Enjoy.

Reality Check
    Good luck with your outing (no pun intended) and I hope it all works out for the best.

My advice: Keep it low key. Dress like a woman would dress for the time and place. No six inch heels or mini skirts and keep the makeup to a minimum.

Sounds awesome! Good luck to both of you. Stay flexible.

Kaley, I'm so glad that your wife and you have reached a point in your relationship where this can happen! I know you'll have no problems in passing, (the photos of you with your mom are priceless!) so your wife should relax a little once you both are in public and she sees you can handle yourself. Krisi's advice is very good, keep it simple and blend with the locals. A rule I always use when I dress to go out in the "real world" is: would your wife wear what you have on to this?
    Have fun, be yourself and Kaley should win over your wife's worries and show her how happy you can be!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

While this is the time you have dreamed of, it may also be time to consider making it very enjoyable for her, so she wants to do it again.
    So splurge and suggest an outfit for only her that she likes (and you can see if she offers to see you in it).
    Good luck!
    Hugs, Ellen

What an exciting step, Kaley! I wish you the best of luck on the trip and hope that you and your wife will be able to have some open and honest conversations about this side of you while you're dressed. Even if she isn't yet accepting, and whatever the reasons might be for this trip, it's at least a step in the right direction. Looking forward to hearing more about the trip!

Thanks so much for all the thoughts and well-wishes! My wife, who is the most awesome woman in the world, has been on a journey of her own in discovering feminism. I think this has positively impacted her views on transgender people. But I'm still willing to lay it all down for the sake of my marriage.

Ellen and I are thinking alike. I know you will have a great time, but what a great time for YOU to make it a great time for your wife to. As Ellen said, buy your wife a surprise outfit and stop by some unplanned location, just because it will please her. Flowers delivered to the motel for her. Take her out for her special meal at an upscale restaurant. Make it one of the most enjoyable trips she has ever had. Your returns will be greater for sure.

Wishing both of you well on this "Big, crazy step". It does sound exciting. There's much to be said for being nearly the same size as your wife. Its a great way to "hide" your femme stuff and to expand both wardrobes.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Only got one word for that, immense. This appears to be a major change of heart and I really hope it all works out fantastically.

I mentioned to my wife about going out dressed together last weekend. Her face was blank, not a word to acknowledge my question and she just carried on. So, no time soon then?

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

This sounds wonderful. She is definitely attempting to broaden her horizon with this. PLease don't overdo it. Be sure to praise her of course, but don't overdo that and smother her with it. Make sure the trip is as much about her as it is for you. I would also suggest bringing some guy clothes in case she does begin to get too uncomfortable.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned