Thread: Post OP Visit

Post OP Visit

Yesterday was my first post OP doctor appointment. I was so excited to get the packing out, the catheter removed mad the bandages off my breasts. It was difficult but I made the 30 minute drive with my friend Kim who is here taking care of me. My wife met us there.

Well there was bad and good. They took the catheter out and I was supposed to pee but it just would not happen. After trying quite awhile the doctor informed me we would have to put it back in for 5 days! I fought against it but in the end had to agree. Before they did that though we moved to dilation.
    The nurse lubed the dilator and inserted into my new vagina. She exclaimed oh you get an At for depth! I am not sure that my wife was that enthused. The dilator slid far up into me and there was pressure but not terrible. However, I felt so thrilled to be able to do this on our first try.

Then they unwrapped my new breasts! Yes they are too high but that will even out. I now have full C breasts!!!! Then I had to step them in a new super tight sports bra. They really hurt.

It has been a tough road so far. Lori actually had a better recovery and I am jealous. I have been very emotional and not that easy to live with. Oh today I dilated myself for the first time. Yes I can do it! Thanks everyone for putting up with these self reports. It helps to share.
    Suzanne

I'm glad your recovery is going well and that the catheter can come out after the five days. Hang in there.

I will continue to remember you in my prayers.

Hugs, Bria

Suzanne,

I'm really glad to learn you're doing well. And I appreciate the updates. I feel better hearing from you every now and again.

Wishing you a full recovery as quickly as is reasonably possible.

Nikki
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 05-19-2016 at 05:36 PM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Gold Member
    I am sorry about the catheter. That does really stink. But hang in, you are getting what you want and need. A+ for depth? Damn girl!

The Mad Scientist
    Suzanne,
    Get better, I think you have a lot of positive energy and I think that is helping you.

Short of the really nasty stuff like a fistula or graft failure, the catheter crap scares me the most.
    I have the worst luck and I see this one from 1000 miles away.

Sigh, well, I guess I'm not scared enough to cancel though.

I'm actually more pissed about the new Star Trek movie being *just* out of reach due to my date.
    Kris

Silver Member
    Glad you are home and recovering Suzanne
    Welcome to the many many joys of having a vagina!

Damn. I got a C for depth.

Don't be jealous. I only had bottom. Adding top makes it harder to pull yourself up. It will be fine in a. Couple weeks. You have a flight to catch. Hang in there my friend, we should celebrate a year anniversary. Hugs
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I think it's all great news, even if the catheter still has to stay. It will soon be gone and so will any pain from the operation. Then it's full Suzanne ahead!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Suzanne,

So glad to hear you are on the mend and keeping a positive attitude.

Cheers

Marcelle

The catheter was removed this morning. At first no urination again. I panicked!!! They decided to let me leave the office and I drank more water and some coffee. I went home and wow it worked. I have now gone 3 times!!!!! Now let's get to the healing. I gotta life to live! Love you all!

Hi Suzanne,

Fantastic!...you're doing great...and I'm continuing to send well wishes your way! Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

The Mad Scientist
    Suzanne,

I am very glad to hear that. I'm praying I get along as well as you.

Did they say how often percentage wise they have to leave it in longer than 6 days?
    Last edited by Kris Avery; 05-23-2016 at 07:30 PM.
    Kris

Aspiring Member
    Suzanne, congratulations on your first "free" pee! It's the little things that are important.............Leanne

Great for you ! All the best in your healing !

Wendy I had it in for 10 days. Somewhere between 10 and 20 percent of women need additional time before catheter can come out.
    Suzanne

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Wow Suzanne... Just catching up and so glad to here you're doing good. Don't be afraid of sharing the details we are gear to learn from those paving the way for the rest of us. if hug for continued recovery you bet life's too short.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.