Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pink Fog

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar

The Pink Fog

The fog has fallen on me with a vengeance. It has been approximately 2 weeks now and I have never experienced it this strongly before, literally. I "have" to get dressed, I just have to and even then it doesn't seem to be enough. There is little to nothing sexual about it either. I just need to see and feel the clothes. I'm not going nuts, but this is almost too much. I need to reign it in, but how, it has never been this strong before. Tell me I am not alone.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

The way I did it was to make it a total choice to do or not. That basically put me at the helm.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

For the last four months I feel I've really been going overboard with my CDing.
    I'm spending way to much time on it and much to little on other things I like to do.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Banned Read only
    I've been in the pink fog pretty much full time for 18 months...I'm beginning to accept the fact I'm gender fluid and maybe even TG...life goes on...right?

Aspiring Member
    About a month ago , I started a similar thread , 2 weeks later it was waning and now its not an issue again ( What a pain in the ass, obsessive compulsive fills your head ) And But, Why ! ( and I only spent $80.00 to feed it not the $500 ++ it wanted, and i only wore that for about an hr .>>Shaking head<< ) where would I have stored 3 more cubic feet of socially unacceptable, unnecessary, out of fashion, ill fitting, actually uncomfortable "clothing"(long backed /shortleged ,gorillas don't fit in females form at all well. for what ? so I can look in a mirror and say "that's not what i wanted "
    Something different >>>kicked it off ! Can't think of a thing! , & I tried to retrace my day and week to see what was different. may it have been a sight of a sound the smell of a touch ,a scent on the breeze ? may be , its as good an explanation as i can find .

longer lasting pink fog can only get stronger imho - it may well be a trans-fluid signal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Been there, done that, got the cute tee shirt, skirt, shoes and accessories to go with it.

Sometimes it seems that fighting it just makes it worse and other times saturation will do the same. I've not figured it out, managed to predict what brings it on or how it is resolved. I wish you the presence of mind that if you feel like you have to be on this roller coaster, that you enjoy the time you spend pretty. I still think the path to understanding it leads through the experience, not avoiding it and regretting it will only work against you in the long run.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Aspiring Member
    The pink fog is what brought me here. I have been in the fog bank since last November. It has ebbed a little but mostly full on. I wish I could focus more at work, all I can think about is shopping or getting dressed.
    Sara

I've been in the pink fog for a couple of months now. Useually feeding it makes it go away for me but not this time. I even tried starring it with no luck.

With me it doesn't ever go away ..... just bury my self in work and keep on truck'en , waiting for a break to let the inner girl out - it doesn't get better just a little more manageable .................................Debra

Back in the beginning it worked on me in much the same way. I wish sometimes it would pick better timing. But I can attest to it's stay power after over 45 years it is still the same but now I have learned to work around it in most cases until I can enjoy it. That rush from the urgency and intense drive the fog produces is a reward, when you embrace and accept it. I hope it never leaves for good. But to sum it up for myself it is not as sexually motivated as it was so it is easier to deal with and I am one that doesn't do the part of the way dressing it just doesn't pay the bill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Gillian, it has hit me like a ton of bricks lately. Over the last 2 months, I have gone somewhat over the top, but happily....in a pretty pink haze. Let's see: new bras, shapewear clincher, a ridiculous quantity of panties in assorted colours, a slip, a camisole, a new dress....no TWO new dresses, pantyhose, shoes......yikes! I'm doing my best to reign it in, but having some trouble....
    Last edited by Piora; 05-20-2016 at 07:34 PM.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Platinum Member
    Hi Gillian , Fasten your seat belt because it's going to be a wild ride! ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That wild ride took me to gender therapy and it looks like the next stop is hormones! Bring it on!
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    longer lasting pink fog can only get stronger imho - it may well be a trans-fluid signal
    This is along the 'slippery slope' concept. I haven't noticed it to be true, or you'd see many more TS. My desire to crossdress sometimes disappears for very long periods, and I've read of others here who've experienced the same thing. So, all we know is that it's different for each of us.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Thanks, the comment about it being a roller coaster ride sums it up. The problem is that I don't like roller coasters! I have known people with mental health issues and what I am experiencing sounds like a cross between OCD and bi-polar disorder. I obsess about the clothes and when it hits at the same time as a mania high cycle, it feels like I fell off a cliff. I guess the thing that bothers me the most is that I thought I had put controls into place to help prevent this very thing from happening. Don't get me wrong, I really like CDing, I accept myself, but I want it on my terms, and this latest fog has been over the top from what I have ever experienced before. I appreciate all of the comments, but being a TS/TG is not me. I have for the most part looked at myself as being a guy who has these feminine quirks that show up in a couple areas in my life. Maybe I just need to go clothes shopping!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I used to have the pink fog that would appear and disappear for random periods of time, and would get unbearably strong at times. As of the past year or two, i would say that the fog may ebb and flow, never truly disappears anymore. Also, when it is at its strongest, it's not quite as much of a pendulum swing as it used to be.
    Since my wife started accepting Lisa, I have been wearing panties full time, wear a nighttime to bed every night, use nothing but feminine fragranced soaps, lotions, and perfumes, keep my nails painted 100% of the time, and am able to wear a dress in my office when it is just she and I at home. I think that this has balanced the pendulum swings of the fog, for me anyways. Even whe I'm not really "feeling it", there is always something feminine I have going on. The periods of not feeling it rarely last more than a day or two, and usually happen when I don't feel well or am feeling a bit down on myself.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    This is along the 'slippery slope' concept. I haven't noticed it to be true, or you'd see many more TS. My desire to crossdress sometimes disappears for very long periods, and I've read of others here who've experienced the same thing. So, all we know is that it's different for each of us.
    So true. I once experienced a hiatus of not dressing for seven years! It was just after I had separated from my then wife, and after a purge of every female item I owned. Quite frankly, I couldn't have indulged - even if I had wanted to during that seven years, for financial reasons. But it just simply never entered my mind. After moving to the city in which I work, I was hit one day by the Pink Thunderbolt (as I have coined it) and started to buy items and to dress once more. Lately, it has been overwhelming, and I feel bordering on obsession. But from experience, this too shall pass. I want it to taper off to a manageable level, and I'm confident it will.

At 65, I don't know how long I will continue to like how I look in women's clothes. I still look pretty damn good for my age (if I might blow my own horn) but I'm sure there will come a day when I will say to myself. "sorry, but you don't look good in those clothes anymore". Until that day, however, I'm going to celebrate the inner woman in me.
    Last edited by Piora; 05-21-2016 at 10:20 AM.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I think reading threads on this site intensifies the Pink-Fog.

I had a four hour time slot today and so I tried to resist the P-F.

After everybody went to work I figured I better leave the house or before I knew it I'd be in a dress.

So I went out to do some errands and the next thing I knew it I was at the thrift store! Just had to look!
    And thirty minuets later I walking out the door with thee nice dresses.

This is BAD!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I have a dirty job working with ink. So I chang at work lockerroom So nothing fem. All my shift I think about dressing I let otherthings go so I can get dressed up.I'm more in then out of the Pink Fog. My wife is good with me dressing so it works for me. I don't want out.
    Angie

You are definitely not alone. I,too, get the strong urges to dress when the Pink Fog embraces me. I just go with it as much as I can, and enjoy being in it.
    Di

I've been fully en femme every day, for at least part of the day, for a few years now. I can't really blame it on the pink fog though, because I seldom feel that anymore. However CDing has taught me three things about myself.

1. I hate wearing pants.
    2. I hate being flat chested.
    3. I hate being bald.

These things remain true no matter what mood I'm in. Hence, I spend as much time as possible wearing a dress, breastforms and a wig.

Aspiring Member
    ever think to chart it against eh chemicals the water system pumps into the water you drink ?

I agree with Debra. It never goes away. I just have to manage it. Luckily, my wife it completely supportive. When not dressed, I try and scratch the itch by wearing gender neutral clothes, changing ear rings, and wearing jewelry. It's pretty easy to do in Florida.

I think the 'fog' feeling happens when I have not been letting myself pay attention to and act on my need to feel feminine, and I am instead feeling super emotionally charged and craving a moment where I can finally [well-ok, it is never final is it? ;0) ] indulge- and anxious because there seem to be so few opportunities, so I have to make sure every opportunity to dress is super exciting. Tension >craving > narrow focus = fog.

Now that I give myself free permission to dress as I please, I am feeling more relaxed, and I accept the same context of choosing clothing that women operate in. For example- I don't wear my layered chiffon skirt for gardening so it won't get ruined. Yes, my purple on purple skirt outfit with white lace top is super cute and I love how I look in it. But yes- it is going to attract a lot of attention, and for a trip to the hardware store it would be way overdressed. I still might do it just to make a point, but now that I am not 'needing permission', then not wearing a dress doesn't mean I am kowtowing to society, I just don't feel as strong a need to make a point. I am really glad I don't feel abnormally restricted or denied. I feel good making these compromises, and I enjoy looking forward to wearing it on my next day out downtown or at the art museum.

That said, I still experience the pink fog a lot, and I think it is a testimony to how deep the roots go, and how many self-denials over 65 years have created a deep well of need. It is clear to me that more hours in dresses and more public appearances the better to address this. This allows the ordinary part of dressing to have more space and compete with the sexual parts of dressing - and reduce the emotional charge and fogginess connected with that.
    We are all beautiful...!