View Poll Results: Should Rachael venture out?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 94.12%
  • No

10 5.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I venture out?

What is more important to you?

Rachael:
    Going out is a choice that we all deal with sooner or later. If "passing" is your sole objective, be sure that your confidence level is high. Ask yourself this: If I went out and someone looked at me and laughed, how would I react? If your answer to this question is that you would feel humilated and ashamed and want to run into a corner and die, then it's not time to go out yet.
    I like to practice in drab in public. I practice my facial expressions, my walk, voice, body movement, etc... I love it when I am dressed as a male and someone callls me ma'am and then corrects themselves and calls me sir. I think you need to give it plenty of time and when you are ready to go out, you will know it. There is no rush.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Warren
    [SIZE=4]Right, time to get serious![/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Well, I have a burning desire to get out in public, I need real feedback to know if I can do it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]There are no second chances for me, I live in a relatively small community and am well known in male mode.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I am out to Family and friends but not to the community at large.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Ignoring the demeanor and voice would this look work?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Sorry if you have seen this picture before, I used it as a test, it is untouched other than cropping, and yes I need better light![/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I am very serious about this!!!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]A few more pictures can be found here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23720[/SIZE]
    Darling--putting the question up for a vote on this forum is not going to help you most of us want you to go out because that's what we do ourselves. The question is do you have the courage to do it? You might spend the weekend in a larger city--try going out there to an event that T-Girls might frequent. Like a drag show or a GNO(girls night out) sponsered by the local crossdressers/transgendered group. If you live in a real small town, taking an outing in a larger city would be the way to start.

Rachel, my only question is why you haven't ventured out before? You are absolutely gorgeous, I don't think you will have any problem at all! Go for it girl, let us know how it works out for you

The thrill will last a life time

Rachael

Last year I had a business trip to Sydney and took the opportunity to have a full makeover and photo shoot session. The trhill of having the girl within being drawn out was great.

After 3 hours, 3 of us we went out for drinks and dinner at a local TG freindly club. Walking up to the doors, booking in nad then being free to walk around the club was a real buzz. The dreaded ladies toilet problem was even fun.

The girls then dropped my off near my hotel and I had to walk into the foyer of the hotel past 2 night porters and into my room. Just looked straight ahead and played the part. I realy wanted to go out again but time and such like stopped me. That was 8 months ago and every part of it is still so vivid that I can still feel he buz.

It was easier having another girl there to walk with me nad give me cnfidence to keep going. Have a look at my avatar, it is from the night out.

Choose a place, choose a freind and go for it. You'll enjoy it for many years to come.

Kerry

I say

YES,

But will qualify that with: only if you feel ready. But you certainly look ready

Susan

What Me Worry
    Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ
    Rachel - first, I want to say, your new look and photos look great! But, you know how we take 10 photos, and then only show one here? Well, going out will be like the 9 photos you don't want to show. When you go out, you cannot control the lighting, you won't have that certain facial expression and smile all the time, etc.

If you want to go out because you HAVE to get out, then I say go for it! But, if it will cause you grief or sadness to hear a bad comment, then don't go.... just weigh all of that please. You asked for real feedback, just trying to give a different perspective

Yeah what she said.

Worse case scenario is that you will get recognized and then you are outed to the rest of the island community. If you can live with that, do it. If you can't, then don't do it - pretty simple really!
    From the photo you look more passable than most, however I would base your decision on the worse case scenario. IF you go farther afield, and you get read by people you don't know and will never see again, then no problem.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Janelle

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Island life

I also have lived on a small island (about 15 x 5 miles). More, I lived in a village on that island.
    Cars do really enter into it, since folk wave to the car and not to the driver.
    Gettng petrol would depend be imposs, I think if there is only one filling station.
    Walking out, in summer, given tourists is definitely on for you, daylight or not.
    In winter, I would try it given your looks, which are definitely femm.
    Much better if you can get off the island and "overnight" (or even just a few hours), at a motel/travel lodge where you can set yourself up..
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Sometimes demure.... Anne Charlotte's Avatar
    [SIZE="7"]yes[/SIZE]
    Live the high life.......wear 5 inch heels !!!

LOL Annie C

Smile Take the first step

" too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

If you feel in yourself that you are ready dear, go for it. You look ready to me but it is still up to you hun........Good luck and have fun, also take care
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Its a difficult call. If your instinct is that your life will be hell if exposed to lthe ocal community, then don't do it. We know that old saying you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of time, but not all of the people all of the time.

If you are in the closet and not wanting to be forceably removed then don't take silly risks on your doorstep.

In a decent sized town or City, a wagging tongue about seeing a man dressed up as woman probably won't come back to haunt the CD, but in a small community it will.

You probably should limit it to walks around a far away places.

On the otherhand, if you really want to tell the world, or see who you can fool, then thats the way to go about it!
    Last edited by Laura Jane; 02-23-2006 at 04:16 PM.

[SIZE=4]Thanks to all of you for your kind feedback, I am sorry that I can't reply to each individually.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I have been working hard to get this face to look just right, and have been testing it over the many chat and camera sessions that some of us have. My family are also used to seeing me this way now to.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Web cameras are not ideal but they do give a warts and all view in real time and I have been receiving a lot of compliments recently.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I have every intention of making it out into public, it's a case of when and where not if.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I like the idea of going with someone, but I'm afraid it can't really be my wife, too easy to get spotted. Maybe another GG friend?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I have also been getting more conservative clothes recently from my wife, so the overall effect is that of the average woman.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Anyway thanks again, and I will keep you posted![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    I am a TV repair man, if I cant cure me nobody can!

Judging by these pics and the other ones in the picture forum, I think you should pass if you go out. Weather you would be spotted is another matter.
    It might be better to go out on a week day if possible; when there is a possibility of not many people around.
    Show us your outfit and look if you do decide to go out. Best of luck and keep us posted.
    Sabrina.
    What matters most is how you see yourself.

Should you or shouldn't you

My $0.02 is " you'll never know unless you go". So throw your shoulders back, hold your head high, and smile and have fun.
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

Look into where

I chat with a lot of girls in the Uk. They seem to have a great subculture over there. I would if I were in the Uk. Check out the tvchix chat and make some friends first. i really like alot of the girls i've met there on line.0.02

Hi Rachael

I chose not to vote, as you can be the only one to judge if going out is right.

It has been said many times you cant put hegenie bak in the bottle

IF everyone knows then it may be easier for you.

I wish you all the best in whatever you decide.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Hi Racheal
    Over the last year your look has been getting better and better and as long as your family, partner are happy and comfortable with it go for it,you would easily pass to strangers without a second glance. And I know of the island where you live and if friends already know about you that must be most of the village anyway.
    So take your arse in your hand go to the boudior and put on your glam rags and get out there.
    [SIZE=4]:GE: CROSS MY PALM WITH GOLD, CAUSE SILVER'S CHEAP[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6]EMELDA[/SIZE]
    My picture thread http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28557

I don't know about you but I'd been a closet cd for years until I finally ventured out of house as Donna. I was satisfied dressing at home for years but about a year ago I got the urge to expand my horizon's. The urge was so great that it didn't go away until I finally did it. Once I did though I wanted to do it more, and did. I wouldn't just go strolling around town although many girls do. Try to make your first time a pleasant and safe experience. My first time was a cd house party and I felt very comfortable since almost every one there was a cd. Just make sure you're really ready when you do it, and try not to do it alone if possible. But be warned, because it happened to me, once you do it, you may not be able, or want to stop doing it.

From your picture you can go out no problem. whether you should is a question only you can answer. the risk vs reward has been covered here already. It's up to you.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

[SIZE=4]Thanks Sabrina, Noel, Connie, Shelly, Emelda, Donna and April, your encouragement is very welcome![/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I won't dress like this! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Picture from last night![/SIZE]

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...1&d=1140914091
    Last edited by Rachael Warren; 02-26-2006 at 07:32 AM.

[SIZE="5"]I am crossin my fingers for my lotto numbers Rachael! When I win your here, and we are out! I am with you all the way![/SIZE]
    We have to weather the storm before we can enjoy the sunshine

[SIZE=4]Crossing my fingers too Mel, have my passport ready![/SIZE]

Looking at your picture, you should have no problems, go for it.

you look great ,go for it