Thread: Social Activities

Social Activities

So I am curious, I am new to accepting this girl side of me. I do go out in girl clothes but Im in guy mode, Ive carried this off very well. Ive been wearing womens jeans and western boots out for years, I goto wal mart, grocery shopping, the movies, out to eat. Since I accepted myself and have become more social Ive met a member from here I did wear my "out attire" for that, Ive expanded into nice dress shirts and have accessorized with belts, Ive turned into a clothes horse and even bought some casual shoes, womens puma's. Ive been getting braver and I keep thinking about going to the local club here in central Mo. I know I need to do this for me, I have a need to be "social" as anyone who reads my posts can see. Im alone and dont have a GF or a Wife to share with, many of you social lites here have this. I have observed Im different than most of us crossdresser's with this "social" need.Anyone here who really knows me, has also realized Im a talker, lol. I love to talk on the phone.
    I can say Ive changed a lot since I joined the forum and its not really related to my conversation topic, but I think its from being more social. Im happier, I have calmed down a lot, I still get upset but I dont carry it around like I used to, I get over being upset a lot quicker and I move on. I think thats great.

My question is to those of us who are social and isnt just directed to cross dressers, what do you do for social activities? Im curious.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

I do just about everything in female mode that I have done in male mode. So, that includes day to day activities like shopping, running errands having a quick lunch or drink somewhere, to going to museums, theater, movies fine restaurants, clubs, bars and dances. The problem for me is that when I want to do something my mind sometimes goes blank as to what to actually do. So, to remedy that create an Activity/To Do/Bucket List and write down anything that you can think of, feasible or not. Then keep adding to it as you identify specific excursions, day trips, place or activities that you want to do. If you cannot do it closer to home, find some places relatively close to you to do them. Where there is a will, there is a way!

I'm not a social person in male mode, and so haven't really developed beyond..... movies, lunches, dinners, mini golf, picnics, shopping, doing to doctors, umm got me thinking, I haven't done 10 pin bowling for a while. Paint ball is definately out while wearing heels.

Oh I so get that "mind going blank" for things to do Allie - real pain when trying to decide what to wear when you don't have any idea of where your going
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

As you know I spend my weekends with my GF in my (what I call guy) mode and thoroughly enjoy that. Every so often,like this past Saturday, I go to my local LGBT resort club en femme mode and socialize and dance. I love to dance. She has gone with me before that way and occasionally when I perform en femme and she is good with that. Otherwise I socialize with my friends in either mode such as lunch, coffee or just hanging out once in awhile. I always strive to keep in touch by phone, E-Mail, the Forum or Facebook. As a youngster I always kept to myself, but once I accepted and took ownership of all of my feelings I became empathic and much more of a social person all the way around. I definitely consider it a positive aspect of my life.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Allie made some great suggestions of things to do.
    I have been out with members here and we have done a lot of those things.
    Museums are really fun not only do you learn something new the staff get to meet some nice CD'ers.

I would love to do more social stuff en femme but I'm unsure of myself in terms of voice and mannerisms and still mostly in the closet except for a half dozen friends or so. For me I don't really care about strangers or neighbors, but do care about friends and co workers. I know that I won't ever completely pass but like to present well enough that it easier for people to treat me like the woman I'm presenting as. But shopping, movies, meeting up for drinks and dancing are all things I'd really like to start doing en femme.