Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wouldn't it be nice if we had a governing governing body?

Banned Read only

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a governing governing body?

Nothing earth shattering like what restroom to use but I've read a couple threads lately (and a you tube video of some ass clown 'pretending' to be TG to prove a washroom point...OK just to get some hits on you tube) and these always make me think...what if there was a recognized governing body that could issue a 'licence' to CD 'responsibly'?

I know, wouldn't stop those from making the 'legitimate' community look bad but if it were a recognized organization we could wear a pin or something?

OK, just a shower thought and not gonna happen so might as well laugh at the idea!

OH nooo, a letter from the CCT (College of Cross Dressers and TG)...

"Dear Robin, you've been accused of presenting in public looking like a hooker, after a peer review of the photos, you clearly weren't 'cheap' so we'll let you off with a warning 😐 "

LOL Robin, so you are not cheap.. LOL A pin, I think there are so few of us that many people will look at that pin and laugh at us.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Be careful asking questions on here Robin you might be accused of thinking.
    I learned my lesson.

Banned Read only
    You've been 'jaded by oppression' Tracii, I totally get it but that's not you hon!!

Wouldn't a governing body imply that we can't take responsibility for our individual actions? Do we really need an entity to "tell" us what to do?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Whilst we are unregulated we pay no licence fees and do not need a permit to buy that little black dress.

My answer to your question?

No!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member

Be Careful What You Wish For !

Hi Robin , Slow down take a brake, You are overthinking this thing aging......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Happily Married CD !! Ina Girdle's Avatar
    Yikes, go into your local govt office for your Cross-Dressing Licence Application form Get dolled up and apply makeup in front of the Dressing Examiner and pass the written test. Pay your annual fees and get your (fem) photo CD Licence..... No thanks, I choose to stay in the closet so to speak. Like the lady said, "Be careful what you wish for."
    Thanks, Ina.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-24-2016 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Let's keep specifc pople out of this

Great idea! One could even make an online application service with just a small fee to receive the card. Of course the card will have to be designed. Pink with a light blue border. What's that? She said light blue with a pink border. Well, we can have a design committee. Yes, there will have to be a constitution to define the responsibilities of the committee and to appoint another for the finances as well as designate the method for determining officers. There probably should be an annual convention. Will need a convention committee for that. Will need someone to manage the computers, so need an IT department. Probably can get some volunteer help, but will need a committee to handle raises and salaries.

On second thought,

Fun idea but no thanks. That would regulate us out of business.
    Regulations are destroying the trucking industry the energy business and most everything we depend on. The answer is not a governing body but it is a laugh to think anout it. The thread and replies gave me a real laugh. Hopefully "Big Brother" never gets envolved.
    Last edited by sharonsdream; 05-24-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Simple answer: no. No, it would not be a good idea to have a governing body.

On the other had, it would be excellent (in my opinion) if you could go swear out an affidavit that you are transgender and get a "T" on you driver's license, passport, or whatever official document officially documents that kind of thing. Then in the bathroom, in the TSA line, at the police station you have something that backs up your claim and the whole "A guy can just decide one day that he feels like a woman, put on a dress and go molest people" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by sharonsdream View Post
    That would regulate us out of business.
    And they'd tax us. The USA got started with a rebellion against T taxes... (or was that tea? Never mind.)
    Last edited by Pat; 05-24-2016 at 11:51 AM.

"Hello. I'm from the government and I'm here to help you..........dress".

I thought I was the governing body
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I don't like the sound of "governing body". 🌺

Federal/Country governments should stick to international and interstate issues, and stay out of individual homes.
    State/local governments may have to address local public space issues, like bathrooms, but that should be as far as it goes.
    Ellen

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Great idea! One could even make an online application service with just a small fee to receive the card. Of course the card will have to be designed. Pink with a light blue border. What's that? She said light blue with a pink border. Well, we can have a design committee. Yes, there will have to be a constitution to define the responsibilities of the committee and to appoint another for the finances as well as designate the method for determining officers. There probably should be an annual convention. Will need a convention committee for that. Will need someone to manage the computers, so need an IT department. Probably can get some volunteer help, but will need a committee to handle raises and salaries.
    Attachment 261651

Well it turns out that all you've gotta do is donate a few dollars to a political campaign and you too can get your woman card! Who knew it was that easy??

LOL I almost donated just to get one ... y'know ... just in case I ever get static in the ladies room .. "hey look, I got a card and everything back off sucka!" :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Would we have a bathroom pass? Could we use handicapped parking... cuz heels? Could we use the HOV lane? If there was such a thing, and I'm not suggesting there should be, what rights or privileges would you want it to pursue for us? What TV public service message should it put out if it had advertising money? What fun acronym could it have? What principles would it establish? Would it recruit? That probably wouldn't go over too well...LOL
    Every human being is the natural guardian of her own importance.
    The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.

Aspiring Member
    It is hard to tell if you are really serious about this. If not, thanks for providing some satire of those who believe that there is a government solution for everything. If you are actually serious: Life has taught me that there is no greater oppressor than the oppressed when they obtain power. I want no TG bathroom police or even fashion police in my closet.

Banned Read only
    LOL, I'm rarely serious Abby (ok, maybe sometimes) but life's too short to be all 'stuffy'.

Besides, how would the CCT be funded, would they charge dues based on how well we pass...yikes 😨

😅

Even if we had one it wouldn't be long before we'd want to overthrow it anyways. After a few rebellions and changes of power we'd eventually need to form some sort of power sharing government among the various factions of the spectrum, similiar to certain 'other' countries. Perhaps we'd have a TS President, a male CDer Prime Minister, a Bigender Minister of Defence (or Robin, cause she'll fight ya!), maybe we'd have an "out" CDer as Foreign Minister and a closeted CDer as Interior Minister (see, there's a place for everyone), and these latter folks could makeup our non existant operations branch (lol). Uh oh, I feel us getting shut down already, I'm sure they're preparing "the cure" for all of us mutants. Quick, everyone hide in the bathroom!

Ps (lol jk) just in case it's not clear.

OMG, no.

Hell-o Robin

I don't suppose that complaints of CD irresponsibility
    would be investigated by "The Men in Little Black Dresses"?
    Creating new jobs? You'd think that would be a good thing,
    I've already paid enough tax on those heels, and the flooring, and
    sidewalks that I walk in them on!
    (Although a government issued LBD would be fabulous!)
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 05-26-2016 at 09:51 AM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

No, And do not give the government any new ideas about new taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    Besides, how would the CCT be funded, would they charge dues based on how well we pass...yikes 😨

😅
    There would be a progressive tax based on the height of your heels.

Of course those able to walk in sky-scraper heels would immediately petition congress for a tax break

This is really funny. We all need to get one